About WvW legendary armor problem

ahmedqadi.7945

I ask players to please support this article if you agree with my suggestions so the devs can make better adjustment to the game

(most replays misunderstand this article and think i'm asking for faster legendary armor farm this is not what this article about i did not ask for more tickets or cheaper prices this article is about the process to get the legendary armor in WvW )

since we can only get 365 skirmish claim tickets a week let’s make it fun, I understand legendary armor should be hard punishing full of pain and time consumingBUT please ask your self is it fun the answer is noAt 5 pips every 5 min in normal map (not outnumbered) you need 1450 pips=1450 minutes=24 hours /a weekI don’t play that much in open world and because I’m farming for my legendary armor. all my time in the game is in wvw and I don’t like itAnd the outnumbered make it worst I find myself alone in a map waiting for my camp to be taken by other realm and wait for 5 min and take itI do that all day long wait and take campsWhat I find fun in wvw is following a commander destroying walls fighting large number of player taking towers, keeps, moving with other players, communicating.That is funBut waiting 10 min to try and take a camp then waiting another 10 is killing meGw2=fun=joy=good times good memoriesLegendary armor= lonely=pain=a lot of waiting in outnumberd map=not joining groups

Yes legendary armor is a big thing but really make it funMy suggestion1- No more out numbered mapYou get more pips for participating joining a commander taking towers that’s how you make wvw alive not alone in an empty map taking camps2- More pips since you can only get 365 skirmish claim tickets a week make us have it in ease and fun its going to take 1 month to make any legendary armor anyway let’s enjoy the process

I’m only asking to make wvw more fun I want to play wvw for 2 hours a day in a group with commander having fun with groups then play my pve where I find most funMake us play both and enjoy both aspects of the game

Edited (i understand the hardcore players vs casual players problem but you have the answer we can only get 365 tickets a week the hard core players don't mind 1450 pips they wouldn't mind 10000 pips they are hardcore but casual player who plays 2-4 hours a day need a chance too, specially when it's locked at 365 tickets a week let's get our tickets a little more easier im not asking for more tickets at all im only asking to find a way for normal players to get legendary armor in fun ease way and i don't mind the 6 month grind for it i just want to enjoy it and enjoy pve at the same time)

@ahmedqadi.7945 said:I ask players to please support this article if you agree with my suggestions so the devs can make better adjustment to the game

since we can only get 365 skirmish claim tickets a week let’s make it fun, I understand legendary armor should be hard punishing full of pain and time consumingBUT please ask your self is it fun the answer is noAt 5 pips every 5 min in normal map (not outnumbered) you need 1450 pips=1450 minutes=24 hours /a weekI don’t play that much in open world and because I’m farming for my legendary armor. all my time in the game is in wvw and I don’t like itAnd the outnumbered make it worst I find myself alone in a map waiting for my camp to be taken by other realm and wait for 5 min and take itI do that all day long wait and take campsWhat I find fun in wvw is following a commander destroying walls fighting large number of player taking towers, keeps, moving with other players, communicating.That is funBut waiting 10 min to try and take a camp then waiting another 10 is killing meGw2=fun=joy=good times good memoriesLegendary armor= lonely=pain=a lot of waiting in outnumberd map=not joining groups

Yes legendary armor is a big thing but really make it funMy suggestion1- No more out numbered mapYou get more pips for participating joining a commander taking towers that’s how you make wvw alive not alone in an empty map taking camps2- More pips sins you can only get 365 skirmish claim tickets a week make us have it in ease and fun its going to take 1 month to make any legendary armor anyway let’s enjoy the process

I’m only asking to make wvw more fun I want to play wvw for 2 hours a day in a group with commander having fun with groups then play my pve where I find most funMake us play both and enjoy both aspects of the game

ANET made participation non-decaying outside wvw. So, if you log out of wvw with T6 participation, you will have T6 again next time you will log back in. Saves time trying to get T3 at least (as it used to be), which T3 is necessary to get pips.You getting 5 pips/5 mins is 60 pips in an hour, 120 in 2 hours. If you play 2 hrs of wvw/day, thats 14 hours per week. Which is 840 pips. About 190-200 tickets/week. You SHOULD have T2 armor in... 40-41 weeks.If you dont like the pip system, either A) Increase your rank, and get more pips/tick or B) Get pve raid armor, which can be obtained MUCH faster. Or even try pvp.ANET even increased base pips on a previous update.

Pips are ok, as they are, in my opinion. A very low wvw rank player such as yourself maybe cant take the grind. Thats how it looks.

EDIT: typos, miscalculation

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@ahmedqadi.7945 said:I ask players to please support this article if you agree with my suggestions so the devs can make better adjustment to the game

Yes legendary armor is a big thing but really make it funMy suggestion1- No more out numbered mapYou get more pips for participating joining a commander taking towers that’s how you make wvw alive not alone in an empty map taking camps2- More pips sins you can only get 365 skirmish claim tickets a week make us have it in ease and fun its going to take 1 month to make any legendary armor anyway let’s enjoy the process

ANET made participation non-decaying outside wvw. So, if you log out of wvw with T6 participation, you will have T6 again next time you will log back in. Saves time trying to get T3 at least (as it used to be), which T3 is necessary to get pips.You getting 5 pips/5 mins is 60 pips in an hour, 120 in 2 hours. If you play 2 hrs of wvw/day, thats 14 hours per week. Which is 1400 pips. About 300 tickets/week. You SHOULD have T2 armor in... 26-27 weeks.If you dont like the pip system, either A) Increase your rank, and get more pips/tick or B) Get pve raid armor, which can be obtained MUCH faster. Or even try pvp.ANET even increased base pips on a previous update.

Pips are ok, as they are, in my opinion. A very low wvw rank player such as yourself maybe cant take the grind. Thats how it looks.

EDIT: typos

If you are going to debate with him at least get your math right,14hrs = 840 pips @ 5pips/5min

the math was so simple at 5pips/5min you can say 1pip/1min.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

ANET made participation non-decaying outside wvw. So, if you log out of wvw with T6 participation, you will have T6 again next time you will log back in. Saves time trying to get T3 at least (as it used to be), which T3 is necessary to get pips.You getting 5 pips/5 mins is 60 pips in an hour, 120 in 2 hours. If you play 2 hrs of wvw/day, thats 14 hours per week. Which is 1400 pips. About 300 tickets/week. You SHOULD have T2 armor in... 26-27 weeks.If you dont like the pip system, either A) Increase your rank, and get more pips/tick or B) Get pve raid armor, which can be obtained MUCH faster. Or even try pvp.ANET even increased base pips on a previous update.

there is mistake in your calculationplaying 2 hours a day = 14 hours a week1 hour = 60 pips14 hours = 840 pips not 1400

@Justine.6351 said:

If you are going to debate with him at least get your math right,14hrs = 840 pips @ 5pips/5min

Yes, halfdrunk. My bad, spologies. Still, grind is grind. Apologies yet again

@ahmedqadi.7945 said:

there is mistake in your calculationplaying 2 hours a day = 14 hours a week1 hour = 60 pips14 hours = 840 pips not 1400

My bad, apologies. Halfdrunk. But still, either grind, or... Get to pve.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Grinding is killing the same mob over and over and over, as fast as possible, or doing dungeon after dungeon in speedruns.

You either play WvW for fun or you dont. Both give pips.

Standing AFK in spawn for 10 minutes before going "oh right maybe I should kill a guard or something" is not a grind in any sense of the word.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Grinding is killing the same mob over and over and over, as fast as possible, or doing dungeon after dungeon in speedruns.

You either play WvW for fun or you dont. Both give pips.

Standing AFK in spawn for 10 minutes before going "oh right maybe I should kill a guard or something" is not a grind in any sense of the word.

Personally, i play for fun. Others just want fast shinies.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

My bad, apologies. Halfdrunk. But still, either grind, or... Get to pve.

grind is painfull i want to have fun in this game that's alli don't mind the 6 month of farming to make legendary set i understand it its a legendary armor but when i find myself no longer playing pve and only playing wvw which i don't like when im alone in outnumberd map it really makes me want to quit the gameim an old player played every aspect of the game what next for me is to make the legendary armor and weapons that's what keeps me in the game now and i don't find it fun

@ahmedqadi.7945 saidI don’t play that much in open world and because I’m farming for my legendary armor. all my time in the game is in wvw and I don’t like it

If you do not like spending that much time in WvW then don't. You don't need to max the tickets every week. I have 1 legy set and enough tickets for another one. It will take a few weeks longer however you would not be getting the WvW armor if you just wanted legy armor since PvE is faster.

@LaGranse.8652 said:

@ahmedqadi.7945 saidI don’t play that much in open world and because I’m farming for my legendary armor. all my time in the game is in wvw and I don’t like it

If you do not like spending that much time in WvW then don't. You don't need to max the tickets every week. I have 1 legy set and enough tickets for another one. It will take a few weeks longer however you would not be getting the WvW armor if you just wanted legy armor since PvE is faster.

im not saying to get more tickets im fine with 6 month farm i dont want legendary armor faster or slower i want to enjoy the process and the unfolding of the experience of making legendary armorand i'm not a raideryes raid legendary is faster i do not want it fasterplease understand me i want to enjoy it

@LaGranse.8652 said:

This^^. So much this. Great points @LaGranse.8652

If your only focus of playing ANY mode is for ONE thing, it will be mind numbing. Split up your play time.

Also, think of how many GoB you will get in this process. What a huge positive.

And why should one get it faster? I mean, no one forces you to get the required 7880 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets as fast as possible. If you manage in ~21 weeks then you spend much time (or you were at a high WvW rank). Also, there is no risk or dependency on events in the game (like PvP season) or other players (like in raids). You just login and start farming your pips (even more so since the participation no longer decays while not in WvW maps).High ranked, dedicated WvW-players could also argue that they deserve more than 365 per week or that there should be no limit/time gate at all because they reach the 365 until Sunday or Monday...

Not losing participation anymore is a huge change - easy to keep t6 almost all the time now.

There is the argument you could get some of your armour from pvp, some from wvw and if you can stomach it some from pve raids.

I haven't been interested in legendary armour until recently and was surprised just how many skirmish tickets accumulated through casual play while not paying attention.

@ahmedqadi.7945 said:

im not saying to get more tickets im fine with 6 month farm i dont want legendary armor faster or slower i want to enjoy the process and the unfolding of the experience of making legendary armorand i'm not a raideryes raid legendary is faster i do not want it fasterplease understand me i want to enjoy it

You say you don't mind it taking long yet you complain that pip farming on outnumbered map is boring. Just join the zerg as you said you enjoy and get it a bit slower, you said you did not mind the speed.

@ahmedqadi.7945 said:

Maybe considered switching servers, if your server seems underpopulated?

PvP is much faster than WvW if you have a low WvW rank. I got half my legendary set from pvp and half from WvW. Will probably do the same again for my second set. Do WvW on weekend (When WvW is busier and when PvP matches are at their worst) and do mostly pvp during the week. If you get tilted in pvp or lose more than 2 matches in a row, take a break and go wvw.

Archived