More CPU usage + Bad interaction between Twitch VoDs and GW2

Kasima.8143

Whenever GW2 is open and has a character loaded into a map, Twitch VoDs become unable to buffer properly. With the stats of the video open, as soon as I log into a map with a character, I can see the size of the buffer (in seconds) start decreasing until it reaches 0 and the video stops playing and starts buffering. It does not happen with Youtube. It does not happen with other online games. It happens in both Firefox and Chrome.

Also, I used to be able to play Overwatch with GW2 open in the background without getting any FPS loss in Overwatch. Now Overwatch is a slideshow even when GW2's CPU priority is set to below normal.

GW2 seems to be using more CPU than it used to. It is sitting at over 75% CPU usage and I'm not even running the game at maximum graphics like I used to. It is also sometimes causing my whole computer to slow down. I have never seen Discord lag so much that it is unable to keep up with typing before. It was not happening the day before the expac came out.

• Windows 10 x64
  • i5-6400T
  • 16GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Graphic drivers are up to date. They have recently been reinstalled after cleaning them up with DDU.

After reading this forum I saw that telling people to clean their hardware is a solution that people really like to offer to fix a game that takes more CPU than it should. That's already been done days ago.

I have completely reinstalled the game, but the issue persists.

Archived