Targeting teammates in conquest

Brendan.1309

I've been trying to learn support scrapper the past couple days, the function gyro seems great especially being able to rez my teammates as I kite away.

I immediately made key binds for the closest ally and next ally, but they didn't work.I thought it was a bug, then I found this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Ally-TargetingThis feature is in most MMOs, I think it should be apart of GW2.

Clicking is awful, especially when there are Mesmer clones everywhere.Is there any default way to target self?Is there any default way to at least keybind team members 1-4?Is there team targeting macros that are ok with ANET to use and what are they?Can you keybind target pet (seems great for druids Ancestral Grace)?

i too have asked this question before when playing support firebrand. Unfortunately, all you will target with that setting is pets or minis.. very frustrating i know lol.

It took me a while but the way around it is to change your mindset when playing support.

To be an effective healer is about positioning rather than targeting like in WoW. Most heals are AOE and not ranged either so you need to be in the right place to be effective which is a different challenge.

what helped me with ranged skills (such as merciful intervention) was to set my targeting to instant with ranged indicator along with the cursor addon (so you can see your pointer easily) and learn to judge distances from your target before casting.

You do not need to have the ally targeted for the skill to work, just have them in range of the reticle.

Once you understand the technique you will find it far more skill based, engaging and rewarding than tab targeting and more effective too.

good luck.

@Brendan.1309 said:Specifically thinking about my function gyro, that is unbelievably frustrating.Using elixirs on myself and team members as well, very frustrating.

Yep. Not like the ezmode targetting macros you could make in wow sadly.

Function gyro is known to be inrealiable at best.

it can also be very difficult to drop targets in order to cast on self but i think many do it using escape. far too clunky for me though.

Archived