Attackers still invisible after hitting target.

Bort.8647

Ive noticed this happening more often, where players coming out of stealth can hit you, but dont show up for a second or two after you start taking damage. I dont think its a personal ping issue since this happens when i average around 60. Also not sure if its a specific skill that does this but ive noticed it on deadeye and mirage mostly. Lastly, they are not attacking me and then re-stealthing. I take damage from an invisible person, and cant even see a model to click on for around 1-2s.

Theres a few things, it can be CPU/GPU Issue, the desync Issue which had fixed implemented previously popping back up, could be opponent ping, but generally it’s an issue with your hardware, this issue happens even with players that aren’t stealth that TP into other skills, like Guardians JI into Sword 3 their model shows from where they started TP they do animation but it is directly on top of you.

@"Bort.8647" said:Ive noticed this happening more often, where players coming out of stealth can hit you, but dont show up for a second or two after you start taking damage. I dont think its a personal ping issue since this happens when i average around 60. Also not sure if its a specific skill that does this but ive noticed it on deadeye and mirage mostly. Lastly, they are not attacking me and then re-stealthing. I take damage from an invisible person, and cant even see a model to click on for around 1-2s.

If you are having major issues then I would post info to this thread and ask the devs about it... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66790/hotfix-for-invisible-player-and-creature-models

gl

@Shadowcat.2680 said:A guildie and I met a deadeye yesterday who could stay stealthed while attacking, staying stealthed even as it did damage (only the shots from its rifle were visible).

same thing. one was in the base and never came out of stealth yet seemed to be able to inflict heavy condition damage. 4k/tick

wonder what mechanic they abuse? and wonder if it will be fixed.

@Kirin.7306 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:A guildie and I met a deadeye yesterday who could stay stealthed while attacking, staying stealthed even as it did damage (only the shots from its rifle were visible).

same thing. one was in the base and never came out of stealth yet seemed to be able to inflict heavy condition damage. 4k/tick

wonder what mechanic they abuse? and wonder if it will be fixed.

+2

There is actually a few conditions that players can apply from stealth without revealing themselves. Cripple/slow/chill/stun/daze/weakness/vuln/blind/confusion/torment/etc are among the few that will reveal the player. Look at your log, you will probably see something like poison. I will have to log into my thief but i do know the 25% movement speed signet does not reveal. I actually had a gimmick build last year that did this but I wasn't putting enough condi ticks, there was too much condi cleanses to even try so it was more of an annoyance than actually doing anything. What condi was ticking on you?

Ok, went to check on my thief, signet of shadows and only some stolen abilities on de will not reveal, but they would probably stack it with one of the venoms and caltrops.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

There is actually a few conditions that players can apply from stealth without revealing themselves. Cripple/slow/chill/stun/daze/weakness/vuln/blind/confusion/torment/etc are among the few that will reveal the player. Look at your log, you will probably see something like poison. I will have to log into my thief but i do know the 25% movement speed signet does not reveal. I actually had a gimmick build last year that did this but I wasn't putting enough condi ticks, there was too much condi cleanses to even try so it was more of an annoyance than actually doing anything. What condi was ticking on you?

Ok, went to check on my thief, signet of shadows and only some stolen abilities on de will not reveal, but they would probably stack it with one of the venoms and caltrops.

no condition application does reveal, only direct damage.however most skills that will apply conditions also deal direct damage.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

The deadeye's rifle shots were visible and connecting while the deadeye was still stealthed. Every attack (shot) on rifle does direct damage.

Archived