Legendary weapons - do or will they scale with weapon tiers?

Corona.6701

So I have been playing since release (including a 3 to 4 year hiatus during which HoT came out), and I have always looked up to the Legendary weapons mostly due to the flair they usually bring. However I have been wondering one thing: will their stats always be equal to that of the highest currently-accessible weapon tier?For example, back when Exotic was the highest tier, I believe they were as strong as an Exotic weapon (though I might be wrong), and now with Ascended tier weapons, they are as powerful as an Ascended weapon in terms of stats and damage. But if a stronger weapon tier than Ascended gets released at some point, would Legendaries get their damage upgraded to that point as well?

@"Linken.6345" said:Yes since they were already upgraded from exotic to ascended as you guessed.That saying what reason would anet have to add another tier into the game?

I have none, hence why I boldened the "if". But I can very well understand why that was missed. Thanks for the answer though!

That is exactly what Anet promised back when ascended weapons were added to the game and legendary weapons were upgraded from exotic to ascended.

In a way they actually got an upgrade in the process because that's when it became possible to change the stats on legendary weapons. Before then people used to make a legendary purely for the skin, then get another exotic with the stats they wanted and transmute the skin onto it. But having made a big deal of how ascended weapons would be expensive long-term goals Anet recognised that players wouldn't like the idea of making a legendary and then making another ascended weapon before they could actually use it.

Although that was back in 2013, they haven't added a new tier since and the chances of doing one in future seems very low.

Archived