Delicious Rice Ball Prices

I like to play healers in this game and last year, I bought a ton of Delicious Rice Balls that have lasted me for the year, but looking at the prices this time around, I am surprised to see them so high. I was getting low about a month ago and I saw that they were even selling for 20+ silver each. Is there a reason for this? I don't really pay much attention to the economy in this game, but I was planning on stocking up for the next year but the current prices, even with Lunar New Year being back, are turning me off. I am used to buying them for 2-ish silver a piece. According to GW2 Efficiency, it looks like the prices started to climb starting in 2018. Did something cause this?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:They’re one of the items to turn into the pigs for an achievement.

Ah, that would help explain it, thank you. I'm guessing this was the case for last year's Lunar New Year as well, since that's when the prices really began to spike? I don't really participate in any of the holiday events, so I'm out of the loop with that stuff.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:They’re one of the items to turn into the pigs for an achievement.

Ah, that would help explain it, thank you. I'm guessing this was the case for last year's Lunar New Year as well, since that's when the prices really began to spike? I don't really participate in any of the holiday events, so I'm out of the loop with that stuff.

Yes. And last year, Drooburt only accepted one item, whereas this year, all the foods are accepted by the five little piggies. My expectation is that prices will drop once "early adopters" have bought their fill and as people actually start to open envelopes in bulk. Festival ends on the 12th, so plan accordingly.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:They’re one of the items to turn into the pigs for an achievement.

Yes. And last year, Drooburt only accepted one item, whereas this year, all the foods are accepted by the five little piggies. My expectation is that prices will drop once "early adopters" have bought their fill and as people actually start to open envelopes in bulk. Festival ends on the 12th, so plan accordingly.

Okay great, thank you so much for that information. :)

If youre only interested in the food stats and not for the festival achievement associated with this food, look for work around until the price drops towards the end of the festival or after it ends conpletely.

A quick search yielded this, it's not the same and there may be other options by now, but if not maybe it's not as bad for a temporary substitute.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/46104/alternative-to-delicious-riceballs-bountiful-maintenance-oil

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:If youre only interested in the food stats...

The wiki is a good tool now to find alternatives./wiki food from inside the game and click on Filter parameters in the table of contents (or just scroll down; it's the first section)

Click on the desired options, in this case: healing power & outgoing healing and it filters everything else out, showing what @Khisanth.2948 already told us: the only option is Bowl of Tapioca Pudding. However, if you just look for Healing +100, there are a lot more options.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:It's 11s now, so not too bad.

But honestly 20s is not very much. Literally any content in the game gives you more than that for playing it. It's the price of a few wps. For easy content just use peach cookies or something.

It a cheap alternative , it use to be less then 2 silver if someone is going to pay 11s for 1 Rice Balls, they juts might go ahead and get Omnombery Cookie for 6-7s

@"jwaz.1908" said:I dont like the food achievements. They're basically , if you're rich, here's some AP. Same with the quaggan ghost who takes luck.

Luck didn't cost anything. Finally got to use a couple of my "legendary" essences of luck. -_-

But honestly 20s is not very much. Literally any content in the game gives you more than that for playing it. It's the price of a few wps. For easy content just use peach cookies or something.

or just two if you are going from VB flax farm to Thunderhead Keep :(

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"jwaz.1908" said:I dont like the food achievements. They're basically , if you're rich, here's some AP. Same with the quaggan ghost who takes luck.

Luck didn't cost anything. Finally got to use a couple of my "legendary" essences of luck. -_-

Luck has a monetary value since it only drops from blues and greens, so if you want to max out the achievement you'll have to buy tons of equipment to salvage. Look at people who maxed their luck by spending hundreds of gold, though I'm sure they're happy they have somewhere to dump their extra luck hanging around.

@jwaz.1908 said:

@jwaz.1908 said:I dont like the food achievements. They're basically , if you're rich, here's some AP. Same with the quaggan ghost who takes luck.

Luck has a monetary value since it only drops from blues and greens, so if you want to max out the achievement you'll have to buy tons of equipment to salvage. Look at people who maxed their luck by spending hundreds of gold, though I'm sure they're happy they have somewhere to dump their extra luck hanging around.

But luck only has a monetary value in that one example. I get all of my luck from dropped items which I'm salvaging for materials because they're more valuable that way than if I sold them on the TP or to a merchant. So it's a free bonus, and since it has no other use except building up your magic find there's no loss in using it for the achievement once you're at maximum magic find.

@jwaz.1908 said:

@jwaz.1908 said:I dont like the food achievements. They're basically , if you're rich, here's some AP. Same with the quaggan ghost who takes luck.

Dont forgett you get alot of it from ectos if you salvage them for dust.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:What happens when you max out on luck? Can you still consume it or do you have to hoard/toss like other junk items?

You can consum some I think as much as almost lvling up to 301 but then it stops and people seem to hoard them.EditThen we get threads complaining that there is nothing to do with luck and people who havent maxed say to delete it.Or start selling all blue and greens on the tp.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:What happens when you max out on luck? Can you still consume it or do you have to hoard/toss like other junk items?

After you max out on 300 Magic Find from luck, there are limited uses for luck. Some guild upgrades, upgrading rare LNY lantern backpacks to the exotic version, and a tiny handful of one-time recipes. Prior to this week, players who salvaged a lot used these strategies to manage it:

• Artificer to combine fine, masterwork, and rare luck into exotics, then stored the exotics.
  • Consume the luck, which doesn't do anything but make a sound.
  • Put the luck on one's key toon right before deleting it (faster if you double-click to move stuff from inventory to bank and vice versa).

Archived