Available time for "Nature Loves a Vacuum" / "Don't mine if I do"

Can we get some more time for progressing these achievements please?

Nature Loves a Vacuum:The oil reclamation pumps disappear quickly. Players still have collected oil which they cannot bring back to the pumps because they disappear quickly. Same with the end battle where the reclamation pump is gone quickly.

Don't mine if I do:The mines disappear quickly, allowing players to only place two of three mines.

Thanks.

This issue is very similar to the 'Portal Spiker' in Desolation. In the many times I tried to do the event, and it actually got to that stage, you're lucky to get in 2 spikes. Yet another 'group' achievement that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to complete due to lack of people doing that meta these days. (I rush to Desolation when 'Desolation Events' is on the dailies roster.)I had pretty good luck with the mines at an off time when there were few people doing the meta, and was able to place half a dozen mines.

As said above.

I did a sucessful meta at approximately 1am cst last night and popped in wvw to visit the bank afterwards without really thinking about it. I came back to THK after a min or so and entered an instance seemingly alone, there was 2-3 min on the fail timer and the mine event was up and had no progress. I got about 10 mines from that instance before the timer ran out.

This is nothing like the spike meta in POF. That one is just ridiculous. You might not even get one on that event. I've never finished it because it is such an unfair meta for that achievement.

As for Thunderhead Peaks Meta, here is some advice:Stay mounted the whole time. It took me about 4-6 metas to get each. The special action key is granted simply by being close the deposit or dispenser. Stay slightly out of range on both metas while on your mount. Then ride up when that phase starts. Never get off your mount - just press the special action key as needed

During the final fight in the south meta, just stay on your griffon(if you have one) and jump down vacuum and jump up and go to deposit(it's automatic). Repeat that motion through the whole fight. You'll still get credit.

On the north meta - use raptor and ride close get my special action, leap away, activate special action key and leap back to dispenser and repeat. You can get 3-5 per meta if you are quick. On a low populated map you can get maybe 7-10. As someone who has it done I never grab the mines to deploy anymore.

I'm not in favor of a change. I think both achievements can be done within a week or so, once people get the idea. I'd prefer for people to first ask, "what tricks do you have for getting this done," before asking ANet to reconsider the effort involved. (And in this case, both chieves have several available tricks to speed things up.)

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:Can we get some more time for progressing these achievements please?

Nature Loves a Vacuum:The oil reclamation pumps disappear quickly. Players still have collected oil which they cannot bring back to the pumps because they disappear quickly. Same with the end battle where the reclamation pump is gone quickly.If you start the phase on/near the collection area and (a) stay close (ish) and (b) don't fight much, you can easily keep collecting and replacing the pump. You don't need much time.

Don't mine if I do:The mines disappear quickly, allowing players to only place two of three mines.

This one only requires placing 25 mines. Even at a conservative 3 mines/meta, that's 9 visits, which is hardly excessive when taken in the context of all collection events. (24 Dwarven chests, for example; rescue 10 crystalized soldiers for another, which might take 10 events for many people.)

@Ra Ra.9423 said:This issue is very similar to the 'Portal Spiker' in Desolation. In the many times I tried to do the event, and it actually got to that stage, you're lucky to get in 2 spikes.
I don't think they are at all similar. Portal Spiker requires 100 spikes, which means even if you understand the event, it might take 50 visits. Given that they event doesn't have many other reasons to be done, it's harder to get participation at all.

The mines used to get done quick but now it takes a while. Used to be that I couldn't even get to them fast enough. Now I can run around repairing barriers and ballistas, come back to the mines and they are still not done.

The vacuum one ... well if you really care that much about quick completion bring a character that can keep up alacrity I guess but I didn't have to put much effort into finishing it.

I didn't complete the oil one yet (1st three times I did it I didn't know I had to hand the oil in so nothing got counted) but the mines one I did finish in about 4-5 metas and when that phase is up I just build turrets so ppl without mines achievement can get it. I don't feel anything needs to be changed. I rather see ppl continue doing this meta even after they finished off all achievements and map won't go dead.

Archived