Chasing Tales Issues [Merged] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Chasing Tales Issues [Merged]

24

Comments

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sita Droowan.5983 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Sita Droowan.5983 said:
    "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" doesnt work. I killed more than 300 enemies with my rifle (DEAD EYE) during the METAs and on different spots in the new map. I tried branded, bears, spiders, everything I could find on the new map without switching weapons. Doesnt work. I cannot finish the achievment.

    Two of the achievements award the same item. It’s like the one for the focus only that you can’t complete the achievement.

    Wrote a ticket the same day. I`m curious, how long it will take ´til they fix it.

    Until Tuesday.

  • if they dont fix it in a way that the stuff done, counts, I will be ultra pissed.

    But hey, it is not a clipping issue on a gemstore item, that needs to be done in 5min (and forces a restart on wvw on reset night), so they don't really care...

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019

    They needed to freeze the item from purchase to stop the increase of more accounts getting effected by a fix that's likely going to need manual fixes for each account.

    I wonder how long I'll have to look at this Journeyman collection on my Nearly Completed list, even though it clearly isn't and doesn't ever belong showing up on it.

  • Grogba.6204Grogba.6204 Member ✭✭✭

    same here, just started the collection and now stuck at this part.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019

    Torrent of Magic part is still bugged because the reward isn't different than step 2.

    Rifle story step has the same problem it seems.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019

    What's curious is that unlike the bugged focus cheeve there are some accounts on gw2efficiency that have managed to complete the rifle cheeves. Is this something that was working at first and became bugged after a patch . . ?

    EDIT: Just got it. Apparently it works fine if you get preemptive strike last. I wonder if there is a similar workaround for focus and just no one has found it yet . . .

  • I cant work that around, because I got the atchievement allready. I think we need to wait.

  • Madjoh.6054Madjoh.6054 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

    @Gop.8713 said:
    What's curious is that unlike the bugged focus cheeve there are some accounts on gw2efficiency that have managed to complete the rifle cheeves. Is this something that was working at first and became bugged after a patch . . ?

    EDIT: Just got it. Apparently it works fine if you get preemptive strike last. I wonder if there is a similar workaround for focus and just no one has found it yet . . .

    I try it with the focus now. I will report if worked.
    [edit] This cant work, because the items from the atchievements are the same. You can only gain the wrong item,

  • Dreddo.9865Dreddo.9865 Member ✭✭✭

    Same here.

  • and update aaand no fix.

    But lots of new gemstore stuff.

    Yeah anet, not spending money this time.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Have people actually tested to see whether they did add the fixes but left them out of the patch notes by accident?

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭

    It's been fixed if you haven't completed it already I think. I checked achievements and "torrent of magic" is rewarded for the third step.

    The issue is if you completed that prior to today's patch.

  • This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • not fixed :-( at least not for people who had the bug before the patch
    aaa.png

  • Netko.9271Netko.9271 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

    It still seems bugged for me, achievement says 3/5 but achievement for 4th step missing: https://imgur.com/a/4NBOZCL

  • @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

    As mentioned by other people, for those of us who completed the achievement before today's patch we are unable to obtain the item that ticks off the next collection achievement. We would have to either get the achievement reset or get the item in our possession a different way, if that would even work.

    Also the Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy achievement also hasn't been fixed. The achievement simply does not work and we are unable to make the ascended dragonsblood rifle.

    I have done the full exotic dragonsblood weapon collection as well as every single achievement besides those two. So for what it's worth, everything else is working as intended.

  • banshee.9328banshee.9328 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

    3rd step of "Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler" is not checked while rest of the achievements are already done so we can't get proper item as reward to finish deed #3 :( plz halp!

  • same, should people affected send in a ticket to get the completion item resent?

  • Gaesesagai.9421Gaesesagai.9421 Member ✭✭
    edited January 23, 2019

    So the ticket sent to customer support was ignored?
    The bug is not fixed for those who have finished the 3 deeds before this "fix". I now have 2 deeds checked and no way to finish the achievement. STILL.
    I mean the answer from customer support was copy paste (I've seen others posting it and it was the same): "we're not going to do anything about it, have fun", but I assumed this was actually taken into consideration not ignored completely and now "This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker."?
    Is this serious?

    Edit: And no mention of the rifle achievement which is has the same bug, although I haven't had the chance to try and see if the kills deed is now "unstuck". Based on current evidence I'm going to assume it was ignored as well.

  • Chasing tales: Asaliea 3/5. Still bugged, i canno't see the next achievement to be done.
    chasing tales: Deadly Accuracy: RIFLE KILLS are not counting. So rifle is also at 3/5. Pre-patch Bugg that is still a bug. Fix this please.
    I do see the "deadly Accuracy" achievement to be done, i do not see focus achievement n°4 to be done.
    Ty

  • ^Same here I was bugged before the patch, Since the patch I went through both meta events north and south killing branded foes using a scepter and focus (easily a 100+) as well as killing both the storm and sun temporal elementals 2 or 3 times over nothing has changed. I am still stuck at 3/5 for the achievements as before.

  • Moi.5013Moi.5013 Member ✭✭

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

    Gaile how do people who finished the 3 tasks before the bug fix get this to update? I am still at 3/5 got Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler with heroic deed #3 not checked but I finished the 3 heroic deeds already so I cant get this to progress.

  • Locce.8405Locce.8405 Member ✭✭✭

    Yep, the bug seems to hang around due to the somewhat convoluted way it checks the deeds. Could be that you get the checkmark when you do it now, but nobody I know who had already done the deed seems to have got the checkmark for the mini-collection.

  • Gaesesagai.9421Gaesesagai.9421 Member ✭✭
    edited January 23, 2019

    https://imgur.com/XfqaaUr
    So I added a screenshot. Issues are:

    • Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler - still cannot be completed after today's fix. I had done the deeds achievements previously and now this one is stuck and cannot be finished
    • Chasing Tales: Baverne the Hunter - still cannot be completed after today's fix. Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy does not register. I've done the north meta a few minutes ago, well after today's patch and the achievement is stuck and cannot be finished.

    Do I need to make a new ticket for these or in game bug report is enough?

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭

    Guess I'll be testing the Chasing Tales rifle collection tomorrow to see if it works for people who start it after patch.

  • I am also having the same issue where the Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler check list is showing the heroic spirit deed #3 as unchecked, but the achievement Chasing Tales: Torrent of Magic has been completed in my All or Nothing Achievements List.
    Until the Asaliea the Channeler achievement is updated to reflect my completion of the third deed, I am unable to finish.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

    Just confirming what others have said, this fix did not affect those of us who already had the cheeves completed. I'm guessing it works for ppl who did the cheeves for the first time today, but I don't know for certain . . .

    Just to check for myself, I did both map metas on a dh with sc/f today to see if it would reup my focus cheeve, but it did not. I also went by the heroic font to see if I could toss the crystal in for focus, and I could not . . .

    To be clear, I completed all three focus cheeves before the fix, but the third is not ticked in the 'mini-meta' focus cheeve so I cannot progress. This is the same problem that was described by the other players above. So no change with this fix. Thx :)

  • banshee.9328banshee.9328 Member ✭✭
    edited January 23, 2019

    Just a suggestion for fixing playerbase:
    If deed#3 not checked AND "Chasing Tales: Torrent of Magic" done THEN check deed #3 OR revoke Chasing Tales: Torrent of Magic" achievement

  • Can confirm deed #3 is still bugged, it completed for me before the patch so i did not get the item i need to progress, the patch only fixed it for people who have not started the collection before last nights patch.

  • Did they fix it or not? Didn`t read anything concerning "Chasing Tales" and "Deadly Accuracy" in the patch notes. Would like to finish deed #1 rifle though.

  • for people who still have the bug should we redo the deed ?

  • You cant redo it, the trigger for the deed was already pulled, just we didnt get the item that advances the achievement.

  • Random Wax Orc.7695Random Wax Orc.7695 Member ✭✭
    edited January 23, 2019

    I still have this bug. Apparently, the bug was only fixed for people that hadn't already started the chasing tales for rifle.
    edit: Preemptive Strike gave me the reward for Deadly Accuracy, now I still cannot get Deadly Accuracy. Since the "fix" on the 16th I have killed hundreds of enemies in Thunderhead Peaks, and nothing.

  • Another vote here for having this problem. I did the achievement before it was patched, so I'm stuck with "Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler" without deed #3 completed and no way to get it, since the achievement that's supposed to award the item is already completed.

  • same here.

  • chasing tales: deadly accuracy is still bugged. Deed #1 missing, the other two have been accomplished days ago. I can kill hundeds of mobs, but nothing happens and I can`t finish Baverne the hunter.

  • Moi.5013Moi.5013 Member ✭✭

    FYI I replied to my original ticket that this was not resolved and they requested screenshots so I just sent those off to them showing I have finished deed 3 but it is not checked.

  • Are we never going to be able to craft this focus due to our achievement trigger?

  • Lucky.9421Lucky.9421 Member ✭✭
    edited January 23, 2019

    This achievement does not work on warrior. People with Necros are not having the same problem so I think it is profession specific.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66028/chasing-tales-like-a-wounded-beast

  • Moi.5013Moi.5013 Member ✭✭

    Well I think that they wanted the screen shots so I could prove I did it before they fix it on my account but it seems to me if they are going to do that for everyone that has it bugged that's going to be a lot of tickets to look at....

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah I imagine they will come up with a more elegant solution than fixing every account by hand, like making the reward item for the cheeve available from a vendor if you have the cheeve completed, or something like that . . .

  • Rhein.8197Rhein.8197 Member ✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019

    Guys, ArenaNet definitely knows their patch didn't address players who already completed the achievement. The patch notes don't even imply the issue was retroactively fixed. The patch notes implied that, moving forward, players can now do the collection successfully. In other words, they want you to do it on your alt or wait around forever for (possibly nothing) something to happen.

    idc

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

  • New patch, still broken.

  • @Gop.8713 said:
    That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

    Well yes, that's my point. It's kind of unbelievable they rolled out a patch knowing all the players who had the deeds complete already still wouldn't be able to finish the collection. But they did.

    idc

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rhein.8197 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:
    That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

    Well yes, that's my point. It's kind of unbelievable they rolled out a patch knowing all the players who had the deeds complete already still wouldn't be able to finish the collection. But they did.

    Well it wasn't entirely useless either, in that it prevents further damage at least. Now there are a finite number of accounts that are affected, and though that number is probably fairly large at least it won't be increasing moving forward. So they've fixed the initial problem, now they just have to do the cleanup . . .

    I'd be more frustrated if this prevented completion of the collection or something like that, but it just prevents crafting the asc focus so it's not a huge deal to me. It's mostly just annoying to have the unfinished cheeve hanging out there . . .

  • @Gop.8713 said:

    @Rhein.8197 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:
    That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

    Well yes, that's my point. It's kind of unbelievable they rolled out a patch knowing all the players who had the deeds complete already still wouldn't be able to finish the collection. But they did.

    Well it wasn't entirely useless either, in that it prevents further damage at least. Now there are a finite number of accounts that are affected, and though that number is probably fairly large at least it won't be increasing moving forward. So they've fixed the initial problem, now they just have to do the cleanup . . .

    I'd be more frustrated if this prevented completion of the collection or something like that, but it just prevents crafting the asc focus so it's not a huge deal to me. It's mostly just annoying to have the unfinished cheeve hanging out there . . .

    I agree with you, except that ANet has needlessly stayed silent and dodged commenting on this.

    idc

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Moi.5013 said:
    Well I think that they wanted the screen shots so I could prove I did it before they fix it on my account but it seems to me if they are going to do that for everyone that has it bugged that's going to be a lot of tickets to look at....

    Did they end up fixing it for you?

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019

    I think rifle deed #1 is still bugged as stated above. I purchased the recipe today and was able to complete deed #2 and deed #3 (which for some reason is named Chasing Tales: Deadly accuracy for the reward , instead of Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike).

    I tried in my holo before and after the latest patch as well as on warrior.

  • Still broken for me.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.