Plz Do not make Guildwars3 a mobile game — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Plz Do not make Guildwars3 a mobile game

Arena net do not do like blizzard keep guildwars on PC.
Thank you!

Comments

• No, they will not put GW3 on mobile, but there will be a 'Guild Wars Eternal' on mobile :tongue: :trollface:

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@phs.6089 said:
    You have phone, right? (c)

I know, right?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

You are all wrong it will ofcourse be a ps5 exclusive.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭

I think they will in the end or bow down to the few and make it console. That's if they continue with it.

• Alimar.8760Alimar.8760 Member ✭✭✭

We all know it'll be released on the Dreamcast.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Plot twist: Anet makes GW1 mobile.

Fear, panic and hysteria grip GW1 and GW2 fans always saying it was better before, they dont know whether to praise or complain.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    Plot twist: Anet makes GW1 mobile.

Fear, panic and hysteria grip GW1 and GW2 fans always saying it was better before, they dont know whether to praise or complain.

we all know the answer to that predicament:

yes

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019

I doubt that anyone at ANet reads these threads. Or if they do, they're not responsible for making that decission. Prepare for "Rytlocks Fruit Ninja Madness" and "Clash of the Norn-Clans" coming to your smartphone in 2020. Have fun.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@lokh.2695 said:
    I doubt that anyone at ANet reads these threads. Or if they do, they're not responsible for making that decission. Prepare for "Rytlocks Fruit Ninja Madness" and "Clash of the Norn-Clans" coming to your smartphone in 2020. Have fun.

I want mad asura fishing extreeeeem

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭

I think a mobile game connected to the Guild Wars franchise is unavoidable.

I would suggest something set in the actual Guild Wars part of Tyria's history. Entirely new characters can be used. Mostly human, but the occasional stray charr, norn, ect can be introduced as an elite combatant.

The important thing, though, is that it wouldn't replace GW2 any more than Pokemon Go replaced the mainline Pokemon games.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dami.5046 said:
    I think they will in the end or bow down to the few and make it console. That's if they continue with it.

Pretty sure the plan was to get GW2 released on consoles too when they began working on it.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

They could make Rytlock's Critter Rampage a mobile game. I'm mildly surprised they haven't already.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• this is a strange thing to worry about

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• Jumpin Lumpix.6108Jumpin Lumpix.6108 Member ✭✭✭✭

They should make it a mobile gacha game.

• DaFishBob.6518DaFishBob.6518 Member ✭✭✭

Black Lion Chest Key simulator.

• Saw the title and actually laughed out loud =)

• @Duck Hunt.8027 said:
    Thank you!

Im a pro Diablo Immortal, I have a phone.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

@Duck Hunt.8027 said:
    Thank you!

Uhm, did I miss something? An announcement that GW3 was in the making?

If not, then please stop creating GW3 threads. It annoys the heck out of me (and certainly others, too), because GW2 is very much alive and flourishing.

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@Duck Hunt.8027 said:
    Thank you!

Im a pro Diablo Immortal, I have a phone.

Wouldn't be a bad April Fools gag for Anet to post a leak for Gw3. Just sayin.

• Kas.3509Kas.3509 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Duck Hunt.8027 said:
    Thank you!

Uhm, did I miss something? An announcement that GW3 was in the making?

If not, then please stop creating GW3 threads. It annoys the heck out of me (and certainly others, too), because GW2 is very much alive and flourishing.

While I understand your frustration partially, on the other hand - does the GW2 need to be dead for anet to release another mmo? Anet doesnt necesarrily have to be 1-2 game company forever : P GW1 is still up from what I know and some of my friends hopped into it like a year ago for the first time.
    Also - I hate mobile games. Please never release them : P.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. What makes you think we'll get a gw3?
    2. What makes you think after two companies dived headfirst into the apocalypse, other companies will do the same without scratching their heads with Nolan's baseball bat

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

@Kas.3509 said:
    While I understand your frustration partially, on the other hand

Annoyance <> frustration. ;)

does the GW2 need to be dead for anet to release another mmo? Anet doesnt necesarrily have to be 1-2 game company forever : P GW1 is still up from what I know and some of my friends hopped into it like a year ago for the first time.

As has been discussed a million times, and just yesterday in yet another GW3 thread, GW2 was developed only because the devs wanted to do more with GW1 but couldn't due to its technical limitations. It wasn't created because they wanted to have a second game running next to GW1.

Indeed.

• Kas.3509Kas.3509 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kas.3509 said:

does the GW2 need to be dead for anet to release another mmo? Anet doesnt necesarrily have to be 1-2 game company forever : P GW1 is still up from what I know and some of my friends hopped into it like a year ago for the first time.

As has been discussed a million times, and just yesterday in yet another GW3 thread, GW2 was developed only because the devs wanted to do more with GW1 but couldn't due to its technical limitations. It wasn't created because they wanted to have a second game running next to GW1.

Indeed.

I never said it wasnt released just because of that.
    But - there are some companies that produce and update a few mmo's at once - I just don't understand why a lot of people thing "new game = gw2 dead". Other thing is GW2 engine has its problems - not using processor multiple cores efficiently (if at all - mostly its 1 core 90%+) and newer directx etc which leads to performance problems. I can play Witcher 3 on Ultra High on 70-80 fps, can play most MMO's on 60-80 fps yet in gw2 in most bigger events. in LA its barely around 20ish. It also brings up my PC (processor only ofc...) temperature to 90 Celsiuses - its crazy. GW2 doesn't really run well on Linux and on consoles it at all - and there is a tendency now to release on both of these platforms as more and more people use Linux or play mainly on consoles.
    If they can't fix that sooner or later they'll need to rebuild an engine or to make a new game again. Not in 1 year, maybe not in 2, but probably sooner than later.

Posts wishing for "things" in GW3 like this one can be quite useful, because Im sure devs can be thinking about their next game or engine update or whatever - even if it's just thinking for now.

• ArenaNet, make Guild Wars 4 already please and make that a mobile game.

• vesica tempestas.1563vesica tempestas.1563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

@Kas.3509 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kas.3509 said:

Indeed.

I never said it wasnt released just because of that.
    But - there are some companies that produce and update a few mmo's at once - I just don't understand why a lot of people thing "new game = gw2 dead". Other thing is GW2 engine has its problems - not using processor multiple cores efficiently (if at all - mostly its 1 core 90%+) and newer directx etc which leads to performance problems. I can play Witcher 3 on Ultra High on 70-80 fps, can play most MMO's on 60-80 fps yet in gw2 in most bigger events. in LA its barely around 20ish. It also brings up my PC (processor only ofc...) temperature to 90 Celsiuses - its crazy. GW2 doesn't really run well on Linux and on consoles it at all - and there is a tendency now to release on both of these platforms as more and more people use Linux or play mainly on consoles.
    If they can't fix that sooner or later they'll need to rebuild an engine or to make a new game again. Not in 1 year, maybe not in 2, but probably sooner than later.

Posts wishing for "things" in GW3 like this one can be quite useful, because Im sure devs can be thinking about their next game or engine update or whatever - even if it's just thinking for now.

GW2 is designed to work well on a low spec pc, and is NOT optimised for latest machines. Im playing an overclocked AMD FX chip with a clocked 7800GT and still get 50 on average with only shadows and reflections reduced and game looks a hell of a lot more stylish than most out there. MMO's are not about high fidelity graphics they are about gameplay and supporting the state of large player bases. Consider pretty much only GW2 is handling wvw styler gameplay on their servers at the mo with its main competitor ESO being a brutal elastic banding buggy lagfest.

Sure an upgrade would be nice, but the massive cost does not equate to the amount of content that we would lose to pay for it. One for the future.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• Please, GW3 will be made for smart refrigerators.

• Alimar.8760Alimar.8760 Member ✭✭✭

Polymock as a mobile? Might not mind that.

• Kameko.8314Kameko.8314 Member ✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

No need for gw3 yet. Can think about it but is not needed

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I disagree. Make GW3 a mobile game. That way it doesnt compete with GW2.

• dont make gw3 just make new classes and mechanics, or if waste 5-6 years of my life and 1000$+ for my account

edited January 28, 2019

@Kas.3509 said:
    But - there are some companies that produce and update a few mmo's at once - I just don't understand why a lot of people thing "new game = gw2 dead".

I never said that's what I was thinking. And it isn't.

If you have been around for a while, you must be aware of the fact that ANet lacks the resources to have two Guild Wars games running that are both equally frequently updated with big amounts of content.

Other thing is GW2 engine has its problems [...]

Engine updates do not automatically require a new game. It would be insane to release a new game only because of an engine update that enables better multicore support or a new DirectX.

You believe the devs require people to talk about GW3 in order to give them the idea of making a better engine for a new game (or even the current one)? Really? What game developer would create a new game with its new engine without fulfilling the current up-to-date requirements?

GW3 threads are pointless as long as the developer has not stated that they will start/have started working on it.

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

Don't you all have phones?

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    They could make Rytlock's Critter Rampage a mobile game. I'm mildly surprised they haven't already.

I'd buy that for a dollar.....

• Right after GW2 Battle Royale, we'll get GW2 Corsairs & Crafting (an open world pirate crafting game), then we'll get Guild Wars Go!. Don't worry, it's on the plate.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.