What will wvw be like in gw3? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What will wvw be like in gw3?

Will be 1000 player in a map on one server?
multiple 100 man zerg blobs roaming around?

<1

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:
    Seeing as support for competitive modes in the current iteration of the game has gone from primary feature in gw1 to vestigial, and games wholly devoted to RvR are coming... I'd say gw3 will really be into PvE. Maybe they'll change the name to something more descriptive like Prettier Maple Story

I do like how your name chose three specific initials,

But yeah, from front burner to barely on a warmer.

• there won't be wvw in GW3 if there even is a GW3

Xterra/Marqeese[Ark]

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:
    Seeing as support for competitive modes in the current iteration of the game has gone from primary feature in gw1 to vestigial, and games wholly devoted to RvR are coming... I'd say gw3 will really be into PvE. Maybe they'll change the name to something more descriptive like Prettier Maple Story

I do like how your name chose three specific initials,

xD
    Unintentionally lol is still lol

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Kilo.2539Kilo.2539 Member ✭✭✭

If what we have now is any indication, I'd say there won't be WvW in GW3. Anet hates this game mode.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

what's with all the GW3 posting bud? it's not gonna happen in the foreseeable future

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• SloRules.3560SloRules.3560 Member ✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:
    what's with all the GW3 posting bud? it's not gonna happen in the foreseeable future

Because whole PvP and WvW side of GW2 think that current situation can't be improved or won't be improved until something really drastic changes and well one such thing is GW3.

I'm one of those that would really love if they turned the page and made something totally new as we've seen that they have no idea how to handle PvP/WvW part of the GW2 at all. Even raid community is in semirevolt it seems. Tbh, any part of community that is not totally casual seems to be diminishing in numbers and increasing in anger.

WvW was complaining since release basically. High end PvP community just left when ANet stopped with esports thing (and that bunker meta with HoT release). High end PvE is realizing that everything is trivial and not interesting and that they have nothing to do aside from raid release every 6 or 9 months or what was it.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019

@SloRules.3560 said:

@derd.6413 said:

Because whole PvP and WvW side of GW2 think that current situation can't be improved or won't be improved until something really drastic changes and well one such thing is GW3.

I'm one of those that would really love if they turned the page and made something totally new as we've seen that they have no idea how to handle PvP/WvW part of the GW2 at all. Even raid community is in semirevolt it seems. Tbh, any part of community that is not totally casual seems to be diminishing in numbers and increasing in anger.

WvW was complaining since release basically. High end PvP community just left when ANet stopped with esports thing (and that bunker meta with HoT release). High end PvE is realizing that everything is trivial and not interesting and that they have nothing to do aside from raid release every 6 or 9 months or what was it.

non of these issues would or need to be addressed with a new game tho and there's no reason for anet to even think about gw3 given how well gw2 is apparently doing
    i honestly think alot of ppl underestimate just how much you can do without releasing a sequal

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

Based on their “amazing” track record of PvP style balance, if there is ever be a Gw3 it will most likely be PvE only.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

I hope they remove the gates.
    I hate gated content.

~ Kovu

Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

• What would arenet gain from gw3? Not sure I’d be enough to justify the time,money and resources to make it. They will will more than likely just keep adding to the mess they have now

• REALLY ITS EASY AND SIMPLE LOL
    CANTHA........ KURZICKS V LUXONS. SIEGE TURTLES. NO TRANSFERS.
    BUT HOPEFULLY BEFORE GW3......... PLEASE!!

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

There will be gw3.... a small laugh can be heared around the room
    ...with WvW in it. whole room bursts out laughing

Lets be real, this game has changed 180 degrees, from PvP-masterpiece gw1 to killing dragons and casually slacking around PvE-mediocre project. They tried, didn't work, happens.

my opinion

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like it to be an integrated and open world experience, having nations vs nations, Kryta vs Elona vs Cantha
    battle for territories just like GW: Factions

PvE players can freely roam around within the safety of their inner territories, but at border territories, you have open air land sea warfares

your crafting profession actually means something, you are supplying weapons, armors, foods and other supplies to the front line

the Corsairs smuggling goods and technologies from other nations, the Black Lion company doing underground shady business

Something that would live up to the lore of Guild Wars, https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BadMed.3846 said:
    There won't be a GW3. Ever.

• FogLeg.9354FogLeg.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2019

No game exist in the vacuum, they all borrow parts from other popular games. GW2 borrowed a lot from the games that were popular 10 years ago, but pretty much nothing from the games that currently draw in most players.

If we look at the Fortnites and Pubgs of today, there are some quite obivous lessons GW3 should learn from:

• WvW (or PvP or GvG) mode can not be something additional, bolted on top of the main game using systems loosely taken and tinkered from PvE. It simply does not work as half-baked extra map where you can fight other players. Either it IS the game, and everything revolves around it, and skills and classes are designed for it, or there is no point even to add it.

• It needs to have smaller, clearly defined timeframs. The idea of maps ticking for points 24 hours no matter if anyone even enter the map, has clearly failed. 15-30 minutes max for each round, after that everything gets reset and everyone can try again. You will not be punished fro something that happened last Friday.

• It needs to be balanced between each side, there can not be fights where one side has only 5 players on the map while other "server/guild/color/group" has 50. That is just not interesting and not fun.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭

This should have been a poll.

• Better
    • Worse
    • Non-existent

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

• It will all be about tactivator defenses ;)

• Djamonja.6453Djamonja.6453 Member ✭✭✭

How many RvR/WvW MMOs have come out since GW2 and been successful? None to my knowledge. So if there is a GW3, I wouldn't expect it to have WvW.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't see any logical reason why a potential GW3 would have a WvW at all.

It would likely be a pure PVE game or possibly a pure singleplayer game with some coop options.

Heck, if they listen to the majority of players in the game right now, I think GW3 would go back to a design closer to GW1 with hero/henchmen, MMO cities (so everyone can show off and gossip and whine), with all the maps being instanced so you can be in peace with your bots. And we'd probably have Trinity back, and a much less active combat system with more passive build mechanics (closer to gw1).

When I think about it, that does sound more and more like FF14 with the next expansion pack adding npc's to join you in dungeons. The more I play that game the more I think it fits pretty well to what most of the casual players in GW2 wants, and keeps requesting GW2 to turn into. (It also have no pvp worth mentioning)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    Currently playing: One Must Fall 2097, Spirit Island (board game)

• Jaruselka.5943Jaruselka.5943 Member ✭✭✭

@Balsa.3951 said:
    I dont know what WVW in GW3 will be like but in GW4 it will be sticks and stones

Nice Einstein quote...

• Hmmm , honestly, cant think about a WvW mode if they ever released a GW3... just look at the forums, wvw is almost abandoned , while pve/lore/ls , keeps getting devs answers :( , i dont get it why it's called "Guild Wars 2" , perhaps only by things in the story , but, there isn't "guild wars " going anymore , is just pve...it can be called , " How to Kill a Dragon "

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    Going by what many people want to turn WvW into, it will be 20v20 small arenas with no objectives and of course no downstate.

Or it'll be 80 people per side sitting on a ballista that shoots flowers doing 1 damage to ensure an adequate TTK, with anyone managing to actually die to it complaining on the forums that thief is OP.

750k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

• reddie.5861reddie.5861 Member ✭✭✭

@Duck Hunt.8027 said:
    Will be 1000 player in a map on one server?
    multiple 100 man zerg blobs roaming around?

it will be choose faction at start of game and whole pve map will be pvp map where u have to cap the towns in order to do your crappy heart quest etc balabal :D

• yeah I hope they do 20v20 type battlegrounds. anything bigger the more cluster kitteny it gets.

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• it's gonna be a dead mode after 1month if in anet hands

• samo.1054samo.1054 Member ✭✭✭

GW3 only exists in a mind quite strongly disconnected with reality, so feel free to imagine any kind of WvW as well :)

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

@samo.1054 said:
    GW3 only exists in a mind quite strongly disconnected with reality, so feel free to imagine any kind of WvW as well :)

Thats... just insulting Anet and not so much player suggestions, lol. Its been 7 years. The basics of GW3 has probably already existed for years.

It would actually be more shocking if it doesnt exist considering the amount of games Anet has going. Or what, people think that in 2038 we will see the 11th GW2 expansion in a healthy game still making a ton of money? By the year 2063 we will be able to order a Rytlock skinned robot butler cheering us on as we replay a ranger from level 1 in GW2. In 2127 we get a WvW server upgrade that increases max player count per side from 90 to 110 but because the server was moved to Amazon Mars it still lags on a 100tbps connection.

• Arcanaut.4158Arcanaut.4158 Member ✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

it will be in GW3? LULZ.
    WvW needs its own kitten Game!!!!
    Lets Start with its Name (thats the first i think a Dev would Do):

1. Fort Stonemist
    2. PlayerUnsticky Battlegrounds
    3. Call of Doors: Guild Rams Matters
    4. League of Stackers
    5. Lag by Daylight
    6. Sea of Baggys*
    7. 24hourwatch

Oh my God it could be so awesome, butttt.....

• It'll be some kind of pay to win game on your smart phone device similar to Clash of Clans.

• Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭

there's going to be a gw3? what for? gw2 is fine, just needs balancing.

• @Arcanaut.4158 said:
    it will be in GW3? LULZ.
    WvW needs its own kitten Game!!!!
    Lets Start with its Name (thats the first i think a Dev would Do):

1. Fort Stonemist
    2. PlayerUnsticky Battlegrounds
    3. Call of Doors: Guild Rams Matters
    4. League of Stackers
    5. Lag by Daylight
    6. Sea of Baggys*
    7. 24hourwatch

Oh my God it could be so awesome, butttt.....

1. The Search for More Money
  • Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭

Non-existent.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aldoisnoob.4170 said:
    Hmmm , honestly, cant think about a WvW mode if they ever released a GW3... just look at the forums, wvw is almost abandoned , while pve/lore/ls , keeps getting devs answers :( , i dont get it why it's called "Guild Wars 2" , perhaps only by things in the story , but, there isn't "guild wars " going anymore , is just pve...it can be called , " How to Kill a Dragon "

"How to Train your Dragon, and then kill it cause your character is an idiot who kicks every problem without thinking."

@Celsith.2753 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    Going by what many people want to turn WvW into, it will be 20v20 small arenas with no objectives and of course no downstate.

Or it'll be 80 people per side sitting on a ballista that shoots flowers doing 1 damage to ensure an adequate TTK, with anyone managing to actually die to it complaining on the forums that thief stealth is OP.

Fixed.

Do not fear simplification of the game, there is elegance in simplicity that allows more time for playing and less time building.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW3? Have I missed something?

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

It will be Blackgate vs the World

Blackgate will win

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

I doubt there would be a GW3 ever. Even if there is one, I doubt it will have WvW.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jura.2170 said:
    It will be Blackgate vs the World

Blackgate will win

Don't underestimate my characters ability to repair walls.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

Mobile games don't have WvW.

What it will likely have is a big cash shop that is pay-to-win like every other AAA developer is moving towards.

• Contrary to majority i think that it is quite possible that there will be gw3 in nearest future and that it will be with some sort of wvw system. The resoning is this : GW2 is one of the best mmo game out there but let's face it - this kind of game type is not as hot as it was several years ago. Therefore in some way, 1st place is determined also by the fact that the competition is really in a bad spot right now. And gw2 as same as other titles face some more and less serious issues with developers to lazy to fix them. And there is this company called Activision -Blizzard that had some hard time lately. They didnt beat LoL and Dota with their Hots, Overwatch was a big success ... at the start. Starcraft 2 didnt bring RTS games back to the cool table. They really need a big success and the Diablo 4 (aka 'Do-you-guys-not-have-phones' ) is not exactly a marketing masterpiece even before the relase. That - in my opinion - is really a big big reason why WoW needs to shine as hell. Problem is latest x-pac's didnt provide the quality and the attention as they were expectet to give. As a result, it is some sort of a proof that wow 1.0 formula is obsolete. That's why - keeping in mind that they need major cash making title, wow 2.0 is now more possible than ever. (new engine, new graphic etc). The moment new wow title will be anounced, Anet will be in a bad spot. Why? Because it's clear for everyone that gw2 is a title that is pve focused almost exclusivly. With all respect to theirs job so far, people who came to this game from original gw were expecting something different (in terms of difficult lvl and gameplay gw2 is far more infuenced by wow or warhammer online than gw1), pve community are the players that came here after they get bored by WoW and as soon as blizz will show some new features, with 2020 graphic, they will go back to horde vs alliance conflict without hesitation, especially if new wow will bring changes to combat system, might be even inspired by gw2. If that happens gw2 will have to be changes as well - pvp community was not taken seriously so many players left, wvw community was abandoned years ago and new pve content will never be as atractive as a fully new title. With limited player numbers even now bringing new maps with seasons or xpac is a risk due to the fact that other ares are less and less populated every day. It's also a big issue in terms of wvw that this gamemode is limited by CPU - i can run witcher 3 in 60FPS with high settings yet i need to switch to low in zerg battles in gw2. Tbh i don't think that it can be fixed with current gw2 engine. If on a horizon new title will allow us to play in 60 fps with decent graphic settings and decent combat system - we will move as well. Ofc if Anet will stay passive- which they won't. Cause as same as in case of blizz - there are forces far stronger than dev's, like owners and shareholders. And they will expect some sort of answer. If devs finally find a solution to servers population balans plus decent visual quality - they wil have some advantage over new wow. They do have experience with wvw system, fresh start without elites will be easier to balance etc. They also already now that wvw community expects fights over map events, they have databases with numbers of players and their choices (how many people play wvw, how many picks zergs over roaming, with what global setting the population was highest etc). Also its important to notice that in terms of performance - wvw face the same issues as global events - so solving CPU limitation problems will benefit in more than one game mode.

• samo.1054samo.1054 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@samo.1054 said:

Thats... just insulting Anet and not so much player suggestions, lol. Its been 7 years. The basics of GW3 has probably already existed for years.

It would actually be more shocking if it doesnt exist considering the amount of games Anet has going. Or what, people think that in 2038 we will see the 11th GW2 expansion in a healthy game still making a ton of money? By the year 2063 we will be able to order a Rytlock skinned robot butler cheering us on as we replay a ranger from level 1 in GW2. In 2127 we get a WvW server upgrade that increases max player count per side from 90 to 110 but because the server was moved to Amazon Mars it still lags on a 100tbps connection.

Well you can make whatever you wish of it. I'm just saying that thinking Gw3 will ever be released is strongly delusional and if people don't understand that, I won't bother explaining it either. Ofc I hope I'm wrong and anyone is welcome to quote me in that case :)

I will just add that Anet may be working or will start working on a new game, but it won't be GW and it won't be an mmorpg either.

• i doubt there ever be a gw3 cause anet knows that alot of players have spend now years to acomplish what they have and alot players have by now put hundreds and thousands dollars into their accounts and alot players have already the grind of gw1 and gw2 in their bones.

letting these players start from scratch with a gw3 will be the nail into the coffin for alot of players.

i rather think they will go the same road like WoW. develope the game further.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Straegen.2938 said:
    Mobile games don't have WvW.

What it will likely have is a big cash shop that is pay-to-win like every other AAA developer is moving towards.

Sadly, we agree again. Why does it seem we always agree on the most depressing stuff?

Do not fear simplification of the game, there is elegance in simplicity that allows more time for playing and less time building.

• Mikali.9651Mikali.9651 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019

@SlateSloan.3654 said:
    i doubt there ever be a gw3 cause anet knows that alot of players have spend now years to acomplish what they have and alot players have by now put hundreds and thousands dollars into their accounts and alot players have already the grind of gw1 and gw2 in their bones.

letting these players start from scratch with a gw3 will be the nail into the coffin for alot of players.

i rather think they will go the same road like WoW. develope the game further.

And lots of people have spent years and money on Guild Wars 1. Or any other game or hobby. This argument just doesn't really have strong merits. Like business care about people's personal feelings. There is fresh blood coming, fresh blood is always there you know, me and you, we can be easily replaced by the 10 years old kid that will want to play new and modern MMORPG, or by the person that will soon be able to spend their earned money.

The World is not the static thing, it is ever changing. New technology, new consumers, changed wants and needs, changed trends.
    Just because you and me, and that 3rd person there, are part of this community, doesn't mean we can't be replaced by another 3 persons that would enjoy different Guild Wars game more than this one, the same 3 or 4 consumers that are not playing this version of the game.
    There are a HUGE need and hunger for new quality MMORPG out there, just waiting for it, GW3 could be that one they are waiting, and that player base could be much larger than ours.

So do not think that Anet really shares your opinion, if their game fails to bring profit, they will change things around. Do not think otherwise.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.