Help me with Agony Infusions please

bellabia.5091

This build has Mighty +5 Agony Infusion x18 and even with my accessories etc I can't figure out where they all go! Please help me figure this out? Also how does one even obtain 18 of those without having to sell your children?http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Power_DPSThank you very much I appreciate anyone taking the time to answer nicely :)

You raid to get them easy. Or you just ignore stat infusions in any build you see cus 90 attribute for 1k+gold is something you don't need. Like ever.Where they go is rings can be attuned and infused, that gives them 2 additional slots each. Back can only be infused that gives you another slot. 18 in total.

But trust me on this one, ignore. Unless you talk of simple +9 infusions for fractals.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I wish MetaBattle wouldn't include stat+5 infusions in their builds. For the vast majority of players, they aren't worth the time, effort, or expense. If you're one of the top 1% of players in the game, you'd notice the difference; the rest of us aren't likely to.

You're very correct I cannot afford to make these nor do I want to play Fractals for 3 months just to complete this build. I was simply looking for a good Tempest fractal build and ran across this. I don't want to just abort it as I have done everything but this part. So should I just use +5 AR? Because I assumed the Mighty part is where she was getting her extra power from? Thank you!

@bellabia.5091 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I wish MetaBattle wouldn't include stat+5 infusions in their builds. For the vast majority of players, they aren't worth the time, effort, or expense. If you're one of the top 1% of players in the game, you'd notice the difference; the rest of us aren't likely to.

You're very correct I cannot afford to make these nor do I want to play Fractals for 3 months just to complete this build. I was simply looking for a good Tempest fractal build and ran across this. I don't want to just abort it as I have done everything but this part. So should I just use +5 AR? Because I assumed the Mighty part is where she was getting her extra power from? Thank you!

You can use whatever infusions you want. If you're going to play fractals I recommend using the normal +X AR infusions. They are a lot cheaper than the mighty infusions. If you don't play fractals on that character and have a lot of spare laurels you can get +4 power infusions from the laurel vendor. These don't give you any AR though. You can also leave the slots blank until you find a use for them.

@bellabia.5091 said:

No for fractals you need +9s. Given infusing back will cost you stack of ectos, you can ignore and just stack x17 +9s. 153 ARThere are some schemes to get you 150 AR with bit less e.g get x14 +9 and x3 +8 but nowadays it's not that relevant.

@bellabia.5091 said:

90 power from +5 infusion aint going to do much mate you will do fine with regular +9 agony infusions.

Clarification 1: there are several types of infusions:
  • Agony only infusions, that run from AR+1 to whatever, although for practical reasons, AR+18 is the highest sold on the TP. These have no bonus stats.
  • Stat+4 infusions bought for laurels, without any agony resistance.
  • Stat+5 infusions bought for WvW currencies (plus laurels). These also are without agony resistance.
  • Stat+5 infusions with AR bought for fractal currencies (plus mats). These come in AR+5, AR+7, or AR+9 sizes; the stat bonus is the same.
  • Aura infusions, which are identical in mechanical benefits to AR+9/Stat+5 infusions, and come with special effects.
Clarification 2: most players don't need any type of infusion at all.
  • Agony resistance is only needed for those who play T2 Fractals and above; it's not needed anywhere else in the game, including raids.
  • Stat+4 or Stat+5 infusions aren't needed to be effective anywhere in the game. Their effect is completely dwarfed by how well we play.
  • The only players who should feel obligated to invest in bonus stat infusions are those who speed clear raids or fractals, the tiny fraction of WvWarriors engaged in the equivalent of organized guild play, and an even tinier fraction of dueling-oriented roaming WvWers.

For a variety of social reasons, builds tend to be shared with the infusions slotted in. Personally, I'm against this practice because it steers people the wrong way. Those who are good enough players to care about the extra 90 points in a specific stat already know which stats to invest in; they don't need to see it in the build. The vast majority don't need to care about bonus stat infusions.

Roughly speaking, maxing stats within infusions adds a few percent to your DPS. Having the right build can affect your DPS by 100% or more, with the amount varying with player skill. Playing well (e.g. improving one's rotation or footwork) can have a similarly large effect, again depending on our skill. And finally, knowing the mechanics of the fight (or in WvW, the mechanics of your opponent's class) can have a similarly large effect.

In other words, spending hundreds or thousands of gold on stat+5 infusions is not going to help a mediocre player become a good one. It won't help a good player become great. What it does is to help a great player do things faster.

Only ascended (and legendary) gear has infusion slot. They are distributed as follows:

• Armor has 1 infusion slot per item = 6 in total
  • 1-handed weapons have 1 and 2-handed weapons have 2 = 2 (per weapons set; only one set is active)
  • Amuletts have an enrichment slot, which is another type of infusion
  • Rings have 1 but they can be infused and attuned = 6
  • Backpacks have 1 and can be infused = 2
  • Accessories have 1 = 2

i.e., you can have up to 18 infusions active at a time and there are at most 20 slots (depending on your class) + 1 Enrichment slot.

Only you can answer the question if it is worth going for the stat infusions. With +5, you can get +90 in total. However, if you frequently do fractals I suggest that you at least get agony infusions. Also, there is no need to have them all at once, you can just get a full set of +9 Agony Infusions (or 12 times +9 and 6 times +7 = 150 AR) and then upgrade them one by one with stats infusions you want.If you mainly play WvW, you can also get the WvW-infusions, e.g. the Mighty Infusion, but again, that's up to you.

Edit: Right now, a Mighty +9 Infusion costs you ~82g, i.e. more than 1450g for 18 Infusion. Like a legendary B)

@bellabia.5091 said:That is insane! What is this guy thinking asking people to put 18 of those in the build he made? 1450 gold?? Cray crayThank you so much

You can see it as a long-time goal if you want. There is no real need to get them if you are not in a super hard-core guild but once you have the 150 AR (preferably with a mix of +9 and +7 Agony Infusions) you can upgrade them one by one as suggested above. It is then just 82g per Infusion (and usually you can farm at least some of the mats from doing daily fractals). The theoretical DPS increase of a full set of infusions (+90 power) is probably roughly ~2-3%, so hardly anyone will ever find out which infusion you use B)

The Wiki on Agony resistance has a calculator too. Unless you are full on going to min/max, stat+AR is not necessary for any build. AR is only needed for Fractals t2-4.Simply insert how many slots you want to fill and the AR you want to achieve, and it’ll tell you the cheapest to more expensive route to get it.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance#AR_calculator

@bellabia.5091 said:That is insane! What is this guy thinking asking people to put 18 of those in the build he made? 1450 gold?? Cray crayThank you so much

You can resell some infusions on the TP so a set of 18 power infusions is similar to putting your gold into a slowly depreciating asset.

You can sell back and recoup most of your investment any time if you really need the gold. You can also move them from character to character and stat swap them as needed.

Think of it like putting your gold into escrow and renting the infusions.

Assuming you are starting with no ascended gear:

Step 1: acquire Ascended RingStep 2: Attune it - the mats are very cheap: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attuned_equipmentStep 3: insert two +7 AR infusions, available either from the TP or from the fractal vendor buy converting 64 +1 AR infusions + 94s = 1 +7 ARStep 4: Complete Solid Ocean (T1 Fractal level 20 - AR required 8), from which you will receive https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feedback_Loop which comes with 1 infusion slotStep 5: Add another +7 infusion to Feedback Loop

You now have 2 rings for a combined total of 21 AR. Congrats, you meet/exceed the recommended AR requirements for everything in T1.

Now if you want to move on to T2, I recommend repeating Steps 1+2+3 bringing you to a combined AR of 28, and then add back piece, amulet, trinkets, armor etc. At any time you can safely remove the AR infusions with an infusion extractor (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device) which costs 24s, and will remove all infusions from 1 trinket. You also need Fractal Attunement Mastery Level 1 to buy this.

Once you have all ascended trinkets you will have a combined AR of 49 which covers you through most of T2, and a single piece of Armor will get you the rest of the way.

While upgrading your weapons to ascended is better for your DPS, the challenge there is that if you weapon swap to an exotic weapon, your AR will drop which could cause problems. If you play an Ele or Engineer, or have multiple ascended weapons, this is a non-issue

Eventually you will get the materials or fractal currency you need to Infuse your rings (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infused_equipment) adding a 3rd slot to each. Be sure to extract your infusions before infusing. Over time you can extract your +7s and upgrade them to +9s, or just buy new ones from vendor or TP.

Once you have full ascended armor, weapons, and trinkets, with infused and attuned rings, and have +9 slotted in each, you will have 153 AR which exceeds the amount needed for Fractal LV 100, which is 150. Infusing the back item is unnecessary unless you are really trying to stack AR for extra bonus attributes from potions.

Which leads me to: instead of spending resources on the +5 attribute infusions, you would be far better served saving up currency to buy the Infinite Fractal Potions (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Potion#Infinite_Fractal_Potions). The effect of those potions makes a huge difference in a fractal, and not having to worry about having them, or them running out, is a big plus.

Good luck.

Archived