Difference between Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic and Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic

Dzienny.3250

Hello,

Could someone explain me difference between Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic and Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic except salvage cost and chance for rarer materials/salvaging upgrades? I heard that Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic can't drop Glob of Ectoplasm, is that true?Runecrafter's Salvage cost 200 gems less than Copper-Fed, that's why i think about getting this one.

@Dzienny.3250 said:Hello,

Could someone explain me difference between Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic and Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic except salvage cost and chance for rarer materials/salvaging upgrades?That is the difference.I heard that Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic can't drop Glob of Ectoplasm, is that true?No, but the chance is much lower than Master/Mystic salvage kit. I strongly advice against using the same kit to salvage everything - you either lose by getting drastically fewer ecto or by spending too much per salvage.Runecrafter's Salvage cost 200 gems less than Copper-Fed, that's why i think about getting this one.It seems a perfectly fine option. :)

I saw wiki and both topics before write my own, I didn't feel enough informed, that's why i've created my topic to get answer for questions in my head. Thanks for answer. ;)

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Dzienny.3250 said:Hello,

Could someone explain me difference between Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic and Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic except salvage cost and chance for rarer materials/salvaging upgrades?That
is
the difference.I heard that Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic can't drop Glob of Ectoplasm, is that true?No, but the chance is much lower than Master/Mystic salvage kit. I strongly advice against using the same kit to salvage everything - you either lose by getting drastically fewer ecto or by spending too much per salvage.Runecrafter's Salvage cost 200 gems less than Copper-Fed, that's why i think about getting this one.It seems a perfectly fine option. :)

About chance to drop Glob of Ectoplasm from Runecrafter's Salvage, it's still higher than Copper-Fed, or lower/same? For which rarities should i use Runecrafter's Salvage in your opinion? Thanks for answer! :)

@"Dzienny.3250" said:I saw wiki and both topics before write my own, I didn't feel enough informed, that's why i've created my topic to get answer for questions in my head. Thanks for answer.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64720/which-salvage-kit-should-i-use-recommendations-now-with-data

About chance to drop Glob of Ectoplasm from Runecrafter's Salvage, it's still higher than Copper-Fed, or lower/same? For which rarities should i use Runecrafter's Salvage in your opinion? Thanks for answer! :)https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64720/which-salvage-kit-should-i-use-recommendations-now-with-data

All your questions should be covered in that thread, including a spreadsheet that links to market values based on salvage data collected by various people.

Specifically: RC has a better ecto drop rate than Basic|Copper-Fed, but worse than Mystic|Master|Silver-Fed.

• Copper-Fed for fine and below and masterwork without upgrades (notably trinkets).
  • Rune-crafters for anything that doesn't drop ecto and has an upgrade.
  • Mystic (or Silver-Fed) for anything that drops ecto.
  • Exotics should be sold.

This is just the most economically efficient rule of thumb, if you only care about extracting coin. There are perfectly valid variations of above for people who don't want multiple kits, want to save time, or don't want the aggravation of keeping track of different types of gear at that level.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Dzienny.3250" said:I saw wiki and both topics before write my own, I didn't feel enough informed, that's why i've created my topic to get answer for questions in my head. Thanks for answer.

About chance to drop Glob of Ectoplasm from Runecrafter's Salvage, it's still higher than Copper-Fed, or lower/same? For which rarities should i use Runecrafter's Salvage in your opinion? Thanks for answer! :)

All your questions should be covered in that thread, including a spreadsheet that links to market values based on salvage data collected by various people.

Specifically: RC has a better ecto drop rate than Basic|Copper-Fed, but worse than Mystic|Master|Silver-Fed.
  • Copper-Fed for fine and below
    and
    masterwork without upgrades (notably trinkets).
  • Rune-crafters for anything that doesn't drop ecto and has an upgrade.
  • Mystic (or Silver-Fed) for anything that drops ecto.
  • Exotics should be sold.

This is just the most economically efficient rule of thumb, if you only care about extracting coin. There are perfectly valid variations of above for people who don't want multiple kits, want to save time, or don't want the aggravation of keeping track of different types of gear at that level.

Thanks! I will buy Runecrafter's for now and someday get Copper-Fed too (maybe on promotion). :)

@Dzienny.3250 said:Thanks! I will buy Runecrafter's for now and someday get Copper-Fed too (maybe on promotion). :)

You're quite welcome.

FYI the drop rates are quite low for symbols and charms (as noted in the some of critical posts in the threads linked above). The difference in amounts isn't noticeable in short-term, low key playing. It is noticeable over time, especially if you open unID blue or green gear or do a lot of Silverwastes farming. I've definitely noticed the difference in the long run, although others have not.

Archived