Soloq destroyed pvp.

Stand The Wall.6987

A lot of people wanted it. Now half of matches are blowouts since one person being new (or other) makes a huge difference. On the subject of "other", pvp is now lousy with bots, wintraders, and farmers. Everyone complained that they couldn't play more casually, that rewards were bad, premades were ruining team q (its called team q for a reason), etc etc. Your ignorance and Anets capitulation made this happen. Sure queue times are good, some matches are fine... don't delude yourself though. This mode could have been so much more. Oh and btw PoF seems especially catered for solo q'ers since every spec can do everything. I wouldn't go so far as to put all the blame on solo q but I think it at least made an impression.

I dont think soloQ or teamQ is the problem, or the solution.

I'm of the opinion that rather than ranked and unranked we need true soloQ and 5 teamQ, not the thing in between we currently have.

Games like overwatch are allowed to have dynamicQ and teamQ since solo players can always join voice chat, change characters as needed and play/coordinate with the team, that is not the case with GW2. In GW2 teamQ, or duoQ DO have an advantage over people not coordinated via voice chat/complementing builds. Try linking a discord channel before every match and see how many people join in......

I dont see any botters and those bots picts we see are probably low rank due to how often they must lose in general, and win trading is overblown more than it actually happens (if almost happening at all nowadays). I want real soloQ, everyone on the same circumstances. We have AT for people that wanna team up. I too wanna play with friends, but in the name of competitive integrity we need to give everyone the same odds, and allowing grouping up without an option to offset that for those playing solo is actually something that threatens that competitive integrity.

Look at the top 10-20 players in the ranking, they have strikingly similar number of wins and loses (something like [18W 4 L], [18W 5L], [15W 4L], [15W 6L], etc etc) you can tell when one of them played solo because they have the same amount of wins, yet one of them have 1 more loss than the other. That is not fair imo.

@Fortus.6175 said:I dont think soloQ or teamQ is the problem, or the solution.

I'm of the opinion that rather than ranked and unranked we need true soloQ and 5 teamQ, not the thing in between we currently have.

Games like overwatch are allowed to have dynamicQ and teamQ since solo players can always join voice chat, change characters as needed and play/coordinate with the team, that is not the case with GW2. In GW2 teamQ, or duoQ DO have an advantage over people not coordinated via voice chat/complementing builds. Try linking a discord channel before every match and see how many people join in......

I dont see any botters and those bots picts we see are probably low rank due to how often they must lose in general, and win trading is overblown more than it actually happens (if almost happening at all nowadays). I want real soloQ, everyone on the same circumstances. We have AT for people that wanna team up. I too wanna play with friends, but in the name of competitive integrity we need to give everyone the same odds, and allowing grouping up without an option to offset that for those playing solo is actually something that threatens that competitive integrity.

Look at the top 10-20 players in the ranking, they have strikingly similar number of wins and loses (something like [18W 4 L], [18W 5L], [15W 4L], [15W 6L], etc etc) you can tell when one of them played solo because they have the same amount of wins, yet one of them have 1 more loss than the other. That is not fair imo.

We used to have soloQ and teamQ but it's gone because the population is dead. Back in 2014 PvP actually had a lot of competitive players so we could afford the luxury of two ranked queues. HoT release boosted population by a massive amount temporarily, but then was met with a massive dropoff because balance was awful, and with that ESL died. The same thing happened with PoF, and now NA PvP has about 25 highly skilled players.

I think DuoQ is moreso the problem than SoloQ. If the game was SoloQ Ranked and TeamQ Ranked only, the matchmaking would be much better as a result and you'd see less and less inexperienced or lower rated players in higher level games. With DuoQ's on a team, the matchmaker short circuits and starts placing lower ranked people in your games to compensate for the harsh imbalance and rank disparity that DuoQ creates. Also, wintrading and farming are far easier with DuoQ, and that's why it's so rampantly complained about now more than ever. I don't think Ranked should be restricted to SoloQ only, but if Solo or Full Team were the only options, you'd at least have more fair games by design.

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:

We used to have soloQ and teamQ but it's gone because the population is dead. Back in 2014 PvP actually had a lot of competitive players so we could afford the luxury of two ranked queues. HoT release boosted population by a massive amount temporarily, but then was met with a massive dropoff because balance was awful, and with that ESL died. The same thing happened with PoF, and now NA PvP has about 25 highly skilled players.

I'm aware, I have played through all iterations of PvP, been playing PvP since day 1, and I can say without doubt, that TRUE soloQ is the correct answer. Anet wanted to give people a choice to play in group, but that is fundamentally flawed for a ranked system without giving people not in a group a chance to even out the odds. Overwatch did this correctly; add voice chat, it is that simple really.

There was a time in League of Legends where there was a Curse addon that allowed people with the Curse app to scan if you were playing LoL, and if it identified someone in your team who also had the app, they would automatically be given a notification to join voice chat. It was a HUGE uproar, so big that Riot had to literally intervene, literally. They had to create a policy that would ban users using the Curse app because it was giving an unfair advantage to others without the app, and it was forcing people who didnt want to join voice chat, well, no choice if they wanted to remain competitive. (later on, Riot invested $30 million in Curse app so that they could integrate voice chat, although only available for premades, cuz they realized just how strong of an advantage that is, but also recognized that it gives rise to lots of toxicity). LoL still allows dueQ and even to this day it is highly contested if it is a good choice at all.

Competitive integrity matters in a competitive mode, allowing premades is never a good way to go about it since it gives certain advantages over soloQers.

@Fortus.6175 said:

I'm aware, I have played through all iterations of PvP, been playing PvP since day 1, and I can say without doubt, that TRUE soloQ is the correct answer. Anet wanted to give people a choice to play in group, but that is fundamentally flawed for a ranked system without giving people not in a group a chance to even out the odds. Overwatch did this correctly; add voice chat, it is that simple really.

There was a time in League of Legends where there was a Curse addon that allowed people with the Curse app to scan if you were playing LoL, and if it identified someone in your team who also had the app, they would automatically be given a notification to join voice chat. It was a
HUGE
uproar, so big that Riot had to literally intervene, literally. They had to create a policy that would ban users using the Curse app because it was giving an unfair advantage to others without the app, and it was forcing people who didnt want to join voice chat, well, no choice if they wanted to remain competitive. (later on, Riot invested $30 million in Curse app so that they could integrate voice chat, although only available for premades, cuz they realized just how strong of an advantage that is, but also recognized that it gives rise to lots of toxicity). LoL still allows dueQ and even to this day it is highly contested if it is a good choice at all.

Competitive integrity matters in a competitive mode, allowing premades is never a good way to go about it since it gives certain advantages over soloQers.

premades lost more than they won according to Anet and its something I believe too because the premades I was in had no intention of winning, we just played for fun or to troll by playing golf with the enemy (banish guard fun)

this topic is a dead horse and we all saw the decline in population after the removal of team queue and we can all feel the match making fail time after time due to low population, as a player there is no use trying to make the situation better, best we can do is make good on what little is left as its evident each season is getting worse.

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:We used to have soloQ and teamQ but it's gone because the population is dead. Back in 2014 PvP actually had a lot of competitive players so we could afford the luxury of two ranked queues. HoT release boosted population by a massive amount temporarily, but then was met with a massive dropoff because balance was awful, and with that ESL died. The same thing happened with PoF, and now NA PvP has about 25 highly skilled players.

I think what Anet did back then made sense but should have been a temporary solution. They are slowly edging back into team play with AT's it seems and that's awesome. Premades (duos) and solo q'ers are never going to sit well with each other, its a janky combo that can win or lose a game. A true 5 man only team q would be sweet, the q times would be bad sure, but you could always roam in wvw or some such thing until you get a pop. Having at least the option available is what is important imo, unless it uses a ton of resources... I don't know a lot about that but it seems like the investment is worth the risk. Having a couple more viable game modes other then conquest would do WONDERS as well. I think a lot more people would get involved if that were the case.

Archived