Make PoF music boxes sellable

Abelisk.4527

I understand this takes away the item's "uniqueness" (players earn these items by taking part of events, opening chests) since they are account bound. However, the drop rate is about the same as a Chak Egg Sac or Preserved Queen Bee. Sure, there are a lot of these chests but they are daily and limited--plus, getting them from events is super rare (not even confirmed they drop from events).

Make 'em sellable. They'll also have objective worth at that point.

That, or double its drop rate. Or at the very least make them have some use for Guild Halls (a Guild Hall soundtrack).

Thanks!

@Abelisk.4527 said:However, the drop rate is about the same as a Chak Egg Sac or Preserved Queen Bee.It's certainly far, far higher. thousands of people do the metas daily without any getting infusions, whereas those who have gotten the music boxes aren't opening anywhere near that many treasures. It's definitely super rare, just not as rare as the 10k items in the game.

I'm against them becoming easier-to-obtain, either through better drop rates or losing their binding. ANet did that with the Fractal Tonic, which I thought was a really cool item that I had never seen drop. Now, it's fairly common (it can be bought for fractal relics, for example) and not nearly as interesting. Familiarity breeds contempt of special items.

I think it would be bad for the game to have a lot of such items. But I think it makes things more interesting to have a few, especially with such unique features.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:However, the drop rate is about the same as a Chak Egg Sac or Preserved Queen Bee.It's certainly far, far higher. thousands of people do the metas daily without any getting infusions, whereas those who have gotten the music boxes aren't open anywhere near that many treasures. It's definitely super rare, just not as rare as the 10k items in the game.

I'm against them becoming easier-to-obtain, either through better drop rates or losing their binding. ANet did that with the Fractal Tonic, which I thought was a really cool item that I had never seen drop. Now, it's fairly common (it can be bought for fractal relics, for example) and not nearly as interesting. Familiarity breeds contempt of special items.

I think it would be bad for the game to have a lot of such items. But I think it makes things more interesting to have a few, especially with such unique features.

I appreciate your PoV.

Archived