Renegade with Grieving Stats?

Richard Marcinko.5132

For PVE, Grieving doesn't work with Renegade because

1. Lack of expertise equals lack of condition duration, and thus your overall damage with be gimped;
  2. Power scaling of Mace and Shortbow skills mean that the additional critical damage won't make up for the loss of DPS from the lack of Condition Duration.

As Ojimaru started:

1. Mace power scaling is extremely poor at 0.35 to 0.6 coefficient for the auto and below 1.0 for the 2 and 3 skill
  2. Grieving benefits crits more (~+40% crit damage is not 40% damage) , viper adds ~ 40% condition duration while retaining the same power stat
  3. Shortbow was rather terrible in general until it was buffed multiple times and now its auto scales a bit better than mace (auto is 0.65 coefficient) , although due to attack speed and projectile nature it's not a great idea

In PvP modes grieving could be better due to cleanses but for PvE there's no cleanses involved.

@Richard Marcinko.5132 said:Apologies if this has already been posted but does anyone have a Renegade build with Grieving Stats? I have tried them on other classes and have had good results but I have never seen a build with them for Renegade.

I think infusion and Ojimaru summarized the reason why it does not work: I actually tried it with sword using renegade/corruption/invocation. It does not work well either. Honestly, outside of FB and weaver, I do not think grieving works well.

This really does make me wish Mace could get a power buff. I mean, it's a mace for pete sake. Maces are supposed to hit hard. Duh.

If Sword is to be our Single-target weapon, Hammer is our range, and Staff is Defense/CC, then it makes perfect sense for Mace to be the AoE weapon.

I'd gladly accept a very slight condi damage nerf is it opens up Mace to be used in either stat set.

I has try use revenant width with Grieving Stats armor + viper jewel. It is good choose, but not best.And main question - why you sure that result is realy good ? What tool you use ? Because some flying numbers near target don't give you real vision.May be can be useful on dps firebrand, because he can earn more expertise from traits. I use same set on fb, and kill mobs faster visual. But can say dps numbers.

Archived