Progress-stopping bug in "Guns, Germs, and Steal" storyline quest. [Merged]

In LS4, after speaking with the spearmarshal, you're given four quests including one to speak to Gorrik. If you start the farm quest before you speak to Gorrik, you are locked out of the quest ending with enemies that spawn behind a beetle wall, and Gorrik will no longer speak to you about the collection ("I'm trying to work here, commander). This renders the quest and story section impassable as well as preventing the beetle collection unlocking.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this issue also. Gorrik will not talk to me because I went to the farm before talking to him. Unfortunately, I had to log out before trying to get into another instance.

Question just to confirm... were you able to talk to Gorrik after switching instances and start the collection and get passed the quest?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The step "Stop Joko's other loyalists" is impossible to complete. The Loyalist NPCs in the quest area don't appear to be flagged to contribute to quest completion, or the appropriate NPCs aren't spawning.

I've read this was a bug in the past, and it could be worked around by finding another instance of the zone. However, I don't think this zone is populated enough to spawn another instance, so it's stuck in bugged condition.

This is disappointing, because I've been away from the game for a few months and came back because I heard there was some cool storyline stuff recently. I was planning to spend the whole weekend catching up on the episodes I missed, but an hour into play and I'm stuck.

I remember having trouble finding them, too. The loyalists seem to spawn some distance away from where I'd expect them.

However, I don't think this zone is populated enough to spawn another instance, so it's stuck in bugged condition.I'm in the map a couple of times a day and it definitely spawns multiple instances. Less so given the new episode and LNY, but the map does roll over.

This is already the 3rd day of me trying to stay in the map for 1-2 hours and still nothing. Things to take note of:

• Anet has claimed this bug to have 'resurfaced' as it was fixed on the first week of January.
  • The bug here is the actual map of Kourna, players did a remedy of it by using other Kourna Instances. However, this map has been dead for months which unable s players playing right now to do the same remedy.
  • Either we wait for the next map reset, which is taxing or they make a hot fix quick.

To Anet

This is one of your latest Living World Story, what happened to your good services back in the day?. Is the game only built for Meta Farmers?

One of the devs posted the following on Reddit today:

We're currently looking into this to see what's going on to cause the story progress to stall at this point, so thanks for your reports and patience!

Those experiencing the issue - can we ask you what order you completed the other sub quests of this story step (between the Heket tribe, the corsairs, etc.)? This might help us to reproduce the issue internally, and get a fix out sooner.

I'll also make sure this gets added to the Known Issue Tracker ASAP.(emphasis added)

FYI you can do this in-game using the /bug tool, via a customer support ticket, posting here, or replying to that reddit post. I encourage use of the /bug tool: it's probably least effort for you and if you use it in Kourna on the character that is stalled, they'll gain additional diagnostic details that could help.

@"Gern.2978" said:And there's a whole pile of other folks in the area with me. Map certainly doesn't seem abandoned, so I don't know why it won't create new instances.Depending on the map, player estimates run from 50-150 people present before the game decides to spawn a new instance.

Large guilds have been successful in forcing new maps, with "only" a full squad of players, usually because the instance already has a lot of folks, so adding 50 is enough.

I'm stuck with this bug tooCould you use the /bug tool while in the map to report your situation? Include, as requested by ANet the order in which you completed the subquests leading up to your current status. More people doing this will help ANet troubleshoot and help them estimate the amount of people affected (which could affect the priority they put on resolving it).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Could you use the /bug tool while in the map to report your situation? Include, as requested by ANet the order in which you completed the subquests leading up to your current status. More people doing this will help ANet troubleshoot and help them estimate the amount of people affected (which could affect the priority they put on resolving it).

Yeah, this is important. This bug isn't yet listed in the "known issues" section." People gotta start reporting it.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:One of the devs posted the following on Reddit today:

We're currently looking into this to see what's going on to cause the story progress to stall at this point, so thanks for your reports and patience!

Those experiencing the issue -
can we ask you what order you completed the other sub quests of this story step
(between the Heket tribe, the corsairs, etc.)? This might help us to reproduce the issue internally, and get a fix out sooner.

I'll also make sure this gets added to the Known Issue Tracker ASAP.
(
emphasis
added)

FYI you can do this in-game using the
/bug
tool, via a customer support ticket, posting here, or replying to that reddit post. I encourage use of the
/bug
tool: it's probably least effort for you and if you use it in Kourna on the character that is stalled, they'll gain additional diagnostic details that could help.

Thanks for this, I barely use reddit as I find it hard to look on to stuff. I usually just request for a link for me to go to a specific thread.

Regardless, I've done the following

• Made another rerun prioritizing Heket Tribe and the Corsair before the Sunspears
  • Prioritized Sunspears first before the other two subquests.

ALL yielded the same results. I've also reported the same findings on /bug tool in-game.