What is your favorite GW2 OST? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is your favorite GW2 OST?

Squirrel.6318Squirrel.6318 Member ✭✭
edited January 27, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

None of the tracks in GW2 impressed or stood out to me until "Zarifah." That mission, and the atmosphere of it was so good. The best proper story boss fight so far, in my opinion.

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's a good piece but battle on the breachmaker is still by a long way the best story boss fight music in the game for me.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    It's a good piece but battle on the breachmaker is still by a long way the best story boss fight music in the game for me.

That one is amazing, I wasn't around for scarlet unfortunately. That's like the only story arc I missed.

• If you count in Soundtracks which made the way from GW 1 to GW 2: Temple of Tolerance - the best soundtrack in the whole GW Universe in my opinion.

For GW 2 only Soundtracks: It's the battle theme of Sabetha. You could take this Soundtrack for each Raid Boss - you would never get tired of it.

• Sanctum Sprint, by a huge margin.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW2 doesn't really have an impressive soundtrack, any of the GW tracks are miles better then anything GW2.
    and with all of GW, there is one that tops.

• Squirrel.6318Squirrel.6318 Member ✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

@sorudo.9054 said:
    GW2 doesn't really have an impressive soundtrack, any of the GW tracks are miles better then anything GW2.
    and with all of GW, there is one that tops.

I agree. I bought all the GW1 soundtracks because the music was so good. Even EOTN's soundtrack was 10/10. Was interested to know if anyone's found anything good in the GW2 soundtracks that's why I made this thread though.

@Maria Murtor.7253 said:
    If you count in Soundtracks which made the way from GW 1 to GW 2: Temple of Tolerance - the best soundtrack in the whole GW Universe in my opinion.

GW2 Osts only lol. But I will challenge that...

Imo the best one in the whole GW Universe lol

Honorable mention, 1:33 my OG's!!!

kitten... thinking about GW1 makes me miss Gwen.

• Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭✭

Battle of the Breahmaker and Mouth of Modremoth

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

For non boss, this is a favourite

There's lots of others too. Much of the newer stuff has been exceptional and fitted the game better than the reused gw1 stuff, which suited that game much better

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Zoid.2568Zoid.2568 Member ✭✭

Yeah the faction theme from GW1 is the best one.

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

The first one that played when i made my first character

• @Vancho.8750 said:
    The first one that played when i made my first character

GW2 pretty much forgot about the Norn :'(

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think this one was always my favorite.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

Battle on the breachmaker, Heart and minds (mordy's theme) and maybe Rata novus/Aurene's vision for me.

I guess Jeremy also has made alot of good/great even pieces, but like, when i listen to gw1 i feel like im listening to core gw2 and when im listening to core gw2 i feel like im listening to skyrim.

Jeremy for me is like Adele, listening to any of her albums is like listening to 1 song playing on repeat for an hour, it kinda gets boring.

edited January 28, 2019

E D I T E D

• Squirrel.6318Squirrel.6318 Member ✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

@zealex.9410 said:
    Battle on the breachmaker, Heart and minds (mordy's theme) and maybe Rata novus/Aurene's vision for me.

I guess Jeremy also has made alot of good/great even pieces, but like, when i listen to gw1 i feel like im listening to core gw2 and when im listening to core gw2 i feel like im listening to skyrim.

Jeremy for me is like Adele, listening to any of her albums is like listening to 1 song playing on repeat for an hour, it kinda gets boring.

i don't think jeremy did much of GW2, i don't remember though. I know what you mean but he has a LOT of one hit wonders.

imagine if they had vocals in the tracks of gw2

would be epic

I think who would have been good for gw2 is inon zur.

• Attack on Tarir is my favorite.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Do these count? uwu They're probably my "favourite" tracks so far.

@Squirrel.6318 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

i don't think jeremy did much of GW2, i don't remember though. I know what you mean but he has a LOT of one hit wonders.

would be epic

Could you link some of the work of this zur guy?

• Dreddo.9865Dreddo.9865 Member ✭✭✭

Fahrar never stops to amaze me.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Squirrel.6318 said:
    None of the tracks in GW2 impressed or stood out to me until "Zarifah."

Zafirah*
    And yes, I love that track too. :)

However, there have been similar threads created over a year ago:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2868/whats-your-favorite-gw2-tracks
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/22909/top10-tracks-from-guild-wars-2-soundtracks

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

Aurene's Fate
    Aurene, Dragon Full of Light
    The End of War
    Sanctum Sprint
    Taimi's Game
    Here be dragons
    Eye of the Brandstorm
    Far from home
    Sands of Time
    Mordremoth
    Battle on the Breachmaker
    The Newly Awakened
    The Nightmare Court
    Demmi's Theme
    Fear not this Night
    The All
    Tomb of Primeval Kings
    Blish's Sorrow
    Sylvari theme
    Saga of Norn
    A Land Restored
    Charr Triumphant
    All Hail King Jalis
    the Seraph
    Raven Speaks
    Vigil goes to war
    the tengu wall
    Zhaitan
    Rata Novus
    Faren's Flier
    Dragon's Veins
    Highlands Kraal
    The Inquest
    High Roller
    Zafirah
    The Prophecy
    The Olmakhan

ETC ETC ETC

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Maria Murtor.7253 said:
    For GW 2 only Soundtracks: It's the battle theme of Sabetha. You could take this Soundtrack for each Raid Boss - you would never get tired of it.

it reminds me too much of Pirates of Carribean ? :confused: ?

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
  • Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

I can't pick between all the amazing, more ambient pieces of Jeremy Soule: Bear's Spirit, The Shiverpeaks, Promenade of the Gods, Farahr, Lornar's Pass, A Land Restored, Hope Falls, Smodur the Unflinching, Sunrise over Astorea, ...

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Overall, I liked HoT and PoF more, with PoF leading for me.
    Back in vanilla, I had custom playlists with music pulled from livelier RPGs so that combat would at least feel more exciting.
    PoF feels much more like having a movie soundtrack as a backdrop, instead of vanilla's dour, war-like undertones.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• No doubt ost is kitten compared to gw1 . If I had to pick I like the dry top music .

• @zealex.9410 said:

@Squirrel.6318 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

would be epic

Could you link some of the work of this zur guy?

• TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't find the song that plays upon entering Desert Highlands and Jahai Bluffs so here's my favorite track from Guild Wars 2.

Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.

• I like every piece in the game more or less equally.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019

Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 have been blessed with the work of Jeremy Soule and a few other very talented composers. There are so many excellent soundtracks that I cannot just mention one.

I think my all-time favourite may be the Luxon soundtrack, of GW: Factions

Even tho I was Kurzick, I would give the prize for the best soundtrack to the Luxons here. Whenever I hear this, I see myself roaming with my trusty henchies over the endless frozen jade sea, with a few Saltspray Dragons floating by in the distance.

Nothing expresses the feeling of being alone at the end of the world as the theme of Abaddon's Mouth:

Few things in my life were more welcome than the Factions expansion, with this masterpiece as login theme:

And this peaceful soundtrack after you beaten the game and was greeted with firework, the ending credits and all your friends.

Who doesn't remember the savage Shiverpeaks with this soundtrack? It looks like the snow finally cleared up a bit.

Tasca's Theme

Guild Wars: Eye of the North

Man, I was so hyped for this.

The Bazaar of the Four Winds

And of course, the GW2 ending theme

Fear not this Night. An absolute Masterpiece.

ArenaNet Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019

GW2: Path of Fire Soundtrack - Army of the War God

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

Long list incoming and also linking some examples. Would tell my gw1 ones too but the list would be enormous.

Core Game

Plains of Ashford
    Charr Triumphant
    Knight of Embers
    The Walls of Ebonhawke
    Zhaitan
    Here Be Dragons
    The Seraph
    Raven Speaks
    Heritage of Humanity
    The Vaults of the Priory
    Tyria Awaits
    Fear Not This Night (instrumental)
    The Hammer Falls
    The Darkness Will Fall
    Tyria Reborn
    Hero's Canton

LWS1

Battle on the Breachmaker
    Twisted Marionette pt. 2
    Southsun Cove
    Across The Sea

LWS2

The Gathering of the Pact
    Shadow of the Dragon
    The Priory Archives
    The Golden Cave

HoT

Some of the random battle musics
    Attack on Tarir
    Dragons Stand
    Rata Novus
    SCAR
    HoT Main Theme
    Maguuma Overture
    Hearts and Minds
    Mordremoth
    Gorseval the Multifarious
    Sabetha
    Matthias Gabrel
    Slothasor
    Xera I & II
    Glint's Legacy

LWS3

Dragon Vigil
    Taimi's Game
    Demmi's Theme

PoF

Dhuum
    Twin Largos
    Soulless Horror
    Enter the Fire God
    Tomb of the Primeval Kings
    Veins of the Dragon
    Welcome to the Crystsl Desert
    The All

LWS4

Amala's Theme
    Kralkatorrik VS. Aurene
    Eye of the Brandstorm
    Scarab Plague
    Blish's Sorrow
    Praise Joko
    Aurene's Vision
    The Hope of Tyria

• Faowri.4159Faowri.4159 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019

The GW1 OST will always have a special place in my heart - even hearing some of my favourites, like First Light, chokes me up. JS's work is always very good for ambient environmental immersion.

But aside from a few of his tracks for GW2, I never really felt like his work on this game specifically stood out. The most emotive pieces are the GW1 tracks that play in Ascalon maps, imo. There are a couple, like the charr themes, that stick out in my mind, but that's it. The rest all kinda blur into one big "nice" ambience after a while.

I feel like the in-house team have brought a lot more distinctive, lively character to the soundtrack ever since. There are some real standouts, and the expansion OSTs are fantastic. I've said before, I wish they'd properly release the LW season soundtracks the same way. I'd happily buy. Soundcloud is a little restrictive, even if I can appreciate getting stuff for free.

One I haven't seen linked here is the Marionette battle music from S1, another of my faves:

(I really miss that fight, too! :'( )

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.