Suggestions for improvements in GW2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Suggestions for improvements in GW2

Dear Developers of GW2,

I the Elementalist Alan Medeiros, one of the founders of the Fat Pig Guild, come through this message, bring to you, noble and creative Developers the requests and cries of the Latin American Guilds!

We all love GW2, mainly because it is a game that allows the evolution and the accomplishment of tasks of shared form between friends and players of the whole world. It is the differential that keeps us connected to our friends and partners, whether in fun or in battles! Keep it up!

My goal here as well as my friends is to bring to the developers and art directors some suggestions for improvements that would be greatly appreciated by all of us gamers. (Possibly not just us Latin Americans, the proposals would surely captivate everyone)

Here are the suggestions below:

• Include the possibility of dyeing skills, new effects and impressive animations;

• Increase the amount of skills;

• Include the possibility of selling account bound, soul bound, etc. items among players;

• Create masteries that allow you to load other players, both in Glider and in Mounts (it would be an incredible experience to give this support to other players on the map);

• Create masteries to breathe underwater (depth should be an evolution)

• Add an Elite Specialization editable (so that players can choose the elites skills that most identify themselves Ex: Druid + Soul Beast)

Legendary weapons must be more attractive, should allow the player to edit their skins, animations and steps with the subjects water, ice, fire, air, thunder, earth, mineral, vegetable, crystal, death, stiletto, etc. ..for all types of weapons. And you could still include a temporary elite skill that significantly increased the attributes of that weapon. (Investigate the Bleach anime, where the character's swords temporarily evolve into "Bankai" mode, it's incredible);

• We would like to see in GW2 more hair options (even longer and with different hairstyles), faces, physical types (fat and dwarfs). * Use hair references from musicians of Heavy Metal, Pop, Indie Rock, Gothic or sportsmen (from skateboarding, surfing, etc);

• More emotive animations (with keyboard shortcuts);

• Bring the Dwarves back to GW2, there are thousands of fans of this race and friends of mine who are not playing on account of this;

• Do not limit the skins of the Elementalists, Necromancers and Mesmers to Robes (we also want to wear covers, pants, light metal armor, or leather and stylish hats);

• We also want to name the thumbnails;

• We want dyeing options for weapons.

For now these are our top expectations! We would be very happy if they could meet some of our wishes for improvements to the Game.

Thank you!

Best Regards

Alan Medeiros.

Comments

• I have to refute that you're speaking for all of us gamers. I know for a fact that I don't like many of your suggestions.
    You're suggesting more impressive animations, when the game already has a problem with too much visual effect clutter. Many bosses completely drown in visual effects so you can't even see their models.
    Account bound and soul bound items are bound for a reason. If you have any specific items that shouldn't be bound in your opinion, it wouldn't hurt to name them. The general concept of items that can only be earned and not bought however should stay.
    I don't know what you mean by "load other players". If you mean teleporting them to your position, that could be annoying and/or abused to troll people. If you mean carrying people, I have nothing against that. I just don't think it's easy to implement because clients aren't perfectly in sync with each other.
    We can already breathe under water. No need for a mastery that does nothing.
    What is an elite specialization editable?
    I would love more customization options for weapons and legendary weapons. Adding dye-channels to them would be a good thing. Turning their auras and foot steps into infusions (that you can cheaply get once you've unlocked them) would be another good thing. However I don't agree with adding unique skills to legendary weapons. Especially not if they boost your stats. Legendaries are supposed to be only as strong as ascended weapons. We don't need a gear-grind for power!
    While more hair options wouldn't hurt, we already got a lot of new hair options since release. I would like to also get new body, face, ear, eye, horn, tattoo, skin-pattern, etc options.
    I believe the Dwarves are a lore issue. All Dwarves have turned to stone. That much is certain. For a long time they've fought Primordus's forces in the depths of Tyria. Newer lore says that Ogden is the last Dwarf and all others are dead (except that talking head). I don't remember where I read that though and haven't encountered a convincing ingame source that confirms the Dwarves' defeat. Maybe they're still fighting. If they're still around it would be cool to see their armies in action one day. Maybe (after Primordus is defeated) we can even reverse the Rite of the Great Dwarf and help them re-establish their kingdom.
    What do you mean by naming thumbnails?

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

yeah, gonna have to tell you you don't speak for all gamers.

(pro tip: unless you just had a massive meeting/discussion, never say "all of us")

these are mostly superfluous and/or counter-intuitive requests that come at the cost of performance and balance.

Create masteries to breathe underwater

this just confuses me. we already can

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• @LanHouse.3497 said:
    Dear Developers of GW2,

I the Elementalist Alan Medeiros, one of the founders of the Fat Pig Guild, come through this message, bring to you, noble and creative Developers the requests and cries of the Latin American Guilds!

We all love GW2, mainly because it is a game that allows the evolution and the accomplishment of tasks of shared form between friends and players of the whole world. It is the differential that keeps us connected to our friends and partners, whether in fun or in battles! Keep it up!

My goal here as well as my friends is to bring to the developers and art directors some suggestions for improvements that would be greatly appreciated by all of us gamers. (Possibly not just us Latin Americans, the proposals would surely captivate everyone)

Here are the suggestions below:

• Include the possibility of dyeing skills, new effects and impressive animations;

• Increase the amount of skills;

• Include the possibility of selling account bound, soul bound, etc. items among players;

• Create masteries that allow you to load other players, both in Glider and in Mounts (it would be an incredible experience to give this support to other players on the map);

• Create masteries to breathe underwater (depth should be an evolution)

• Add an Elite Specialization editable (so that players can choose the elites skills that most identify themselves Ex: Druid + Soul Beast)

Legendary weapons must be more attractive, should allow the player to edit their skins, animations and steps with the subjects water, ice, fire, air, thunder, earth, mineral, vegetable, crystal, death, stiletto, etc. ..for all types of weapons. And you could still include a temporary elite skill that significantly increased the attributes of that weapon. (Investigate the Bleach anime, where the character's swords temporarily evolve into "Bankai" mode, it's incredible);

• We would like to see in GW2 more hair options (even longer and with different hairstyles), faces, physical types (fat and dwarfs). * Use hair references from musicians of Heavy Metal, Pop, Indie Rock, Gothic or sportsmen (from skateboarding, surfing, etc);

• More emotive animations (with keyboard shortcuts);

• Bring the Dwarves back to GW2, there are thousands of fans of this race and friends of mine who are not playing on account of this;

• Do not limit the skins of the Elementalists, Necromancers and Mesmers to Robes (we also want to wear covers, pants, light metal armor, or leather and stylish hats);

• We also want to name the thumbnails;

• We want dyeing options for weapons.

For now these are our top expectations! We would be very happy if they could meet some of our wishes for improvements to the Game.

Thank you!

Best Regards

Alan Medeiros.

If anything, we need a way to turn skills off all-together. I'd LOVE the option to do this so my computer doesn't have a heart attack during certain meta events - especially in Thunderhead Peaks and Istan.

-Lv 80 Guardian - Lv 80 Ranger - Lv 80 Elementalist - "For the spoons!" - Tequatl

• Hello,

I assume when you said "we"; you meant you and your friends/guildies who have similiar desires/wishes of what could improve your time in GW2.
    Anywayz allow me to provide some own analysis/feedback on your idea/suggestions as a fellow adenturer. (WARNING: contains small Living story spoiler in Question 10!)

1.Include the possibility of dyeing skills, new effects and impressive animations;
    Due to limitations of the current engine and constrictions time/money wise i highly doubt this will happen.

2.Increase the amount of skills;
    Due to the nature of how the combat/weapon system has been setup the only viable option would be to add more uttility skills only. but even then it could result in increased balancing when time would be better spend on other facets of the game.

3.Include the possibility of selling account bound, soul bound, etc. items among players;
    These type of items/gear/weapons have been implemented specificly for the reason of obtaining them as an individual ingame accomplishment; thus they are dubbed account/soul bound. this will never change.

4.Create masteries that allow you to load other players, both in Glider and in Mounts (it would be an incredible experience to give this support to other players on the map); The use of specific "free mounts" is implemented is present in festival stuff. Gliders and mounts were meant as a means for people to explore the world on their own
    The idea of a multipersonel mount sounds interesting but it might only be interesting to those who play as couples. most people can simply follow another mount/glider with their own.

5.Create masteries to breathe underwater (depth should be an evolution)
    What i assume you meant; future masteries(water pressure resistance magic?) wich allows you explore deeper regions of tyria's sea.
    the idea would be nice for a underwater Xpac; but atm its pointless to apply; we can remain underwater infinitely already.

6.Add an Elite Specialization editable (so that players can choose the elites skills that most identify themselves Ex: Druid + Soul Beast)
    The idea the creators had in mind was to create unique specs with their own advantages and weaknesses. If the player is allowed to make their own recipe as they please it would seriously disrupt the foundation that has been placed already and how specialization suppose to work. Alot of time/research/effort from alot of departments went into each specialization to refine/balance/to make it work. wether a spec DOES work for them; is in the eye of the beholder.

7.Legendary weapons must be more attractive, should allow the player to edit their skins, animations and steps with the subjects water, ice, fire, air, thunder, earth, mineral, vegetable, crystal, death, stiletto, etc. ..for all types of weapons. And you could still include a temporary elite skill that significantly increased the attributes of that weapon. (Investigate the Bleach anime, where the character's swords temporarily evolve into "Bankai" mode, it's incredible);
    Due to Engine/gameplay restrictions + Time/money /priorities these idea's arent realistic to implement. The definition of what defines Attraction is personal flavor.
    Some find a slingshot skin the "bomb" while other enjoy a shooting unicorns. The creators have to sort off "guess" what would work for all the players within the limited timeframe/resources allowed to make such objects. At best they could add new generic acc's/infusions wich add new footfalls /auras etc for flavor.

8.We would like to see in GW2 more hair options (even longer and with different hairstyles), faces, physical types (fat and dwarfs). * Use hair references from musicians of Heavy Metal, Pop, Indie Rock, Gothic or sportsmen (from skateboarding, surfing, etc);
    More hair options is always good if you wanna cosplay Beethoven or Goku.
    I assume the physical types/face presets have limitations due to Armor piece placement i think(possibility bodies/faces/hair clipping through armorpieces etc.).

9.More emotive animations (with keyboard shortcuts);
    There is already quite alot of those; but specify wich ones you would like to see? XD

10.Bring the Dwarves back to GW2, there are thousands of fans of this race and friends of mine who are not playing on account of this;
    We got Ogden already; but atleast they should also bring Killroy back; he's worth atleast a thousand dwarves.

11.Do not limit the skins of the Elementalists, Necromancers and Mesmers to Robes (we also want to wear covers, pants, light metal armor, or leather and stylish hats);
    Agreed. Holding on to the stereotypical idea of what heavy, medium, light armor should look like is a bit Hypocrite in any mmo i think.

12.We also want to name the thumbnails;
    I cant imagen any sane person/player wanna rename all gear/items/skills/etc. They went through great trouble todo all the work for you XD.

13.We want dyeing options for weapons.
    Due to the nature of the current system they would have to make duplicates of each weapon for each dye. I dont see that happening.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.