Removal of Lunar New Year Event for North American Servers — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Removal of Lunar New Year Event for North American Servers

Hello there,

I had never even heard of the lunar new year before I saw the event in Guild Wars 2, and I am puzzled as to why it is included on North American servers? Does it occur to anyone that maybe the vast majority of Americans don't celebrate the lunar new year?

Regards,

Hildace

Comments

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

If you feel offended by the inclusion of a holiday you don't personally celebrate, I suggest you simply ignore it and do not play the events--there is nothing forcing you to take part.

• @PulsarianDevil.8125 said:

I had never even heard of the lunar new year before I saw the event in Guild Wars 2, and I am puzzled as to why it is included on North American servers? Does it occur to anyone that maybe the vast majority of Americans don't celebrate the lunar new year?

I am puzzled why it matters that you personally haven't heard of something in order to make it interesting or fun for others in the gaming community.

The vast majority of Americans haven't heard of Zephyrites either. Lots of players don't participate in Super Adventure Box. And yet those are both festivals.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy getting the opportunity to make a few gold for no effort, or playing a couple of games. It's fun for plenty of people.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

@PulsarianDevil.8125 said:
    Hello there,

Regards,

Hildace

Many people in North America actually do celebrate the Lunar New Year.

I also want to bring up that St Patrick’s Day, Christmas, and Halloween also did not originate in North America. They’re really not all that different from Lunar New Year.

• Maybe you can learn something from it , think about it like that

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.