(PVP) Looks like ele won't be meta after this UE AT monthly

Mr Godlike.6098

In past meta was decided by proleague and now we only have what's left of pro-scene that still does Monthly AT's...and things doesn't look good for ele in highest tiers of gw 2 competitive play.

First time since forever we got team that didn't need ele at all to win. No Weaver anywhere and now in teamfight not necro dies first...but tempest...and we could see a lot dead healbots on Sind stream.

In HoT meta generally tempest was needed to keep condi reaper alive and they both had great synergy. Tempest could non-directly beef up reaper damage by spamming chill and blasting/applying frost aura, put fire fields for reaper shroud burn spin combo. Tempest worked great with power rev by providing condi cleanse and auras, rev in return had for healbot boons especially fury needed to make mender tempest damaging.

And now we have Firebrand! Why Sind and his team decided that new guard elite spec will do better job keeping necro alive? Tempest can heal, aoe protection and projectile hate...and that's it. Firebrand bunker has all these + more surrivabilty, aoe stability, much more superior rez potential and BURN. We got new elite spec's and now Tempest stay in team fights about 4s...because obsidian flesh is only thing that keeps healbot alive and focus healbot first will be in EU AT's way to go. So who needs support that can't even follow necro in team fights and keep himself alive to do his role?

Weaver nowhere to be found? This part is completely my opinion. Waver by design looks like at last proper pvp 1v1 spec...ele has now evades, more stability, stunbrakers (I begged for this for years)...and nothing else. No unique utilities for team like portal or moa, better mobility than scrapper and druid but nothing to compete with celestial avatar or gyro's. All these wouldn't be a problem cause Berserker builds also didn't had any of these and were great for contesting far and winning 1v1...these spec's had both survivability and DAMAGE! I don't care for pve - in pvp waver has NO DAMAGE. The best thing that waver can do in 1v1 scenarios is just contesting node so it's on par with with d/d spam dodge thief which is disgusting in my opinion. D/D Dodge can contest by spaming same skill rotation over and over again and waver player must be GOOD to do the SAME FREAKING THING. There is no purpose at being good waver casue there are no good rewards for that. Power rev was and is difficult class/build but player is rewarded with something - before PoF rev was another immovable part of meta pvp meta comp.

Even if waver had something to offer for 1v1 spot in team comp... it's taken...and not by anything but probably the best, most broken build 1v1 spec in gw 2 pvp history called Spellbraker that has no counters, doesn't give s*** when +1 by thief/Mesmer and not even afraid of condi and corrupt. There is no class stacking rule anymore in tournaments so the best idea have one Spellbraker to deal with close and second one for far. SO FOR WHAT anybody needs weaver design made for 1v1?

I have no doubt that we will see good weavers in legendary division but only because they carried garbage spec and worked really hard despite they would do so MUCH MORE on better specs and there are heroes in my opinion. But I don't expect wavers with pvp god title or in team wining in EU Monthly AT. I really hope that something will prove me wrong...after removal of celestial amulet I was sure that this the end for ele and proleague discovered healbot.

I stay strongly with what I said many times earlier - if you are ele pvp only main - PoF is not worth your money. Don't pay devs for a bad job and waste of your time.

Side note: sorry for long post and horrible angry English. You can watch here how latest EU monthly looked like https://www.twitch.tv/videos/17869560 or check Sindrenerr stream if my links doesn't work. Feel free to discuss.

To be fair they had Tage who is probably the best guardian player in the world even after he’s taken a break, he’s certainly the best bunker player I’ve seen where people literally don’t even bother to fight him in a 1v1, they just go and stand there chatting him up. Given that firebrand is so support orientated he would be support and there’s no need to put an ele on top of that especially with a thief comp.

Still, yeah no weavers and it looks like tempest will be falling by the wayside possibly. One swallow doesn’t make a summer though.

This was foreseeable. A class spec that doesn't let you access your skills when you need them, especially those crucial for surviving, but instead puts them behind a 3-6s cooldown wall has no place in competitive pvp. So weaver is out of the game. And due to the power creep that, as it seems, comes with every addon, the remaining builds for the elementalist will not be able to keep up with the other elites.

At this point, if Arenanet wants to keep the elementalist pvp community from quitting the game, they need to fix this mechanic quickly. Even Tempest was a terrible idea for pvp since we became a healbot with no damage or mobility and an overload mechanic that just begged to be interrupted with all the cc introduced into the game. This is now the second time elementalist players are being disappointed. IMO, they need to act quickly here..

@cursE.1794 said:This was foreseeable. A class spec that doesn't let you access your skills when you need them, especially those crucial for surviving, but instead puts them behind a 3-6s cooldown wall has no place in competitive pvp. So weaver is out of the game. And due to the power creep that, as it seems, comes with every addon, the remaining builds for the elementalist will not be able to keep up with the other elites.

At this point, if Arenanet wants to keep the elementalist pvp community from quitting the game, they need to fix this mechanic quickly. Even Tempest was a terrible idea for pvp since we became a healbot with no damage or mobility and an overload mechanic that just begged to be interrupted with all the cc introduced into the game. This is now the second time elementalist players are being disappointed. IMO, they need to act quickly here..

I think the issue is more that spellbreaker and scourge are so good that 3/5 slots will be taken up by them and many HoT specs will slot into those nicely leaving no place for tempest due to corrupts. Then there’s the issue that weaver doesn’t fulfill a role that isn’t already taken, you have daredevil for insane spiking and mobility, revs are better also for spiking out people and many aren’t tired of rev yet, if you’re wanting something to stall a 1v1 forever...spellbreaker and druid are already in that niche. Then there’s the sword being slow and clunky in a fast paced PvP meta amounting to weaver not being worth considering outside of someone who uses it and can’t play something else as well.

It's cause Weaver lacks Power, condi or cc to shut people down. If you can't increase the raw damage increase the attack speed for sword or add poison to some earth base lines skills for either dagger, scpeter, staff or sword. Ele doesn't need any OP condis just more to mix in as a cover for DOT. Or you can increase the blind duration under traited fire. Since core ele can out D/D ele fire, water arcane in wvw or spvp will out dps, cc or condi any of tempest or weaver. It just lacks the condi removal as weaver solo since condi had power creep along with boon corruption or boon removal. The issue regarding resistance to cc has not been address either.Easy resolve would be increase attack speed, condi types and ccs to force people from heal spamming. Tiny packet damage spamming doesn't work in wvw or spvp it just kill ele faster when they have stacks of confusion on them mix with multiple conditions.

Either way spvp was changed 2 years ago to dps or condi bomb people fast single or with team coordination. Weaver is slow kitten and spvp doesn't need low and slow kitten damage and lack of ccs.

• 2 months later...

@"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

.... and not even afraid of condi and corrupt. (Spellbreaker)that is simply not true, spellbreaker are afraid (unless they are to stupid to be affraid #warriorjoke) of corrupt boon, since resistance is also a "buff" that gets corrupted to chilland Nekro has WAY more corrupts than a warrior resistance, per count and cooldown

@Alphons.9520 said:

@"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

.... and not even afraid of condi and corrupt. (Spellbreaker)that is simply not true, spellbreaker are afraid (unless they are to stupid to be affraid #warriorjoke) of corrupt boon, since resistance is also a "buff" that gets corrupted to chilland Nekro has WAY more corrupts than a warrior resistance, per count and cooldown

Hi, this discussion about meta after FIRST AT MONTHLY of PoF

IF your want my current view of ele place in meta https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17025/pvp-elementalist-is-a-pure-pve-only-class/p1

And about your comment: pvp conquest is all about rotation so...

Warrior builds generally are good for 1v1 or contesting in 1v2 on side nodes and necro builds are made for large scale team fights. Necro shouldn't push far or stay on close ( a lot dps wasted) so those two rarely have interactions with each other...so yea spellbraker doesn't give s about scourge even now. Even if he have to give s he can kite scourge forever crippling enemy's teams offence on mid.

Archived