PSA: Don't Buy Living World Season 4 Episode 3

Until it is fixed, don't waste your gems (if you have to use gems to get it) on Living World Season 4 Episode 3. All issues I've heard of with the map aside, there is a good chance you'll suffer from this bug. It is a shame because the story has been getting really good until this point and it just grinds to a halt when you find yourself unable to progress.

I'd just advise finding a video walk-through or reading the wiki to catch up on what happens, then experiencing it (which will still be cool, I think we all know what will go down anyway) when Anet fixes the bug.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:While you cannot progress the story, you can still accomplish quite a bit until the issue gets resolved. If you were planning to purchase the episode anyway, there’s really no point in holding it off.

Whispers If people keep buying a broken product, they might decide to not fix it. Like they've been doing for months now. This isn't a new issue, this issue has been an issue since it came out, according to all the threads I've found on it.

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:While you cannot progress the story, you can still accomplish quite a bit until the issue gets resolved. If you were planning to purchase the episode anyway, there’s really no point in holding it off.

Whispers
If people keep buying a broken product, they might decide to not fix it. Like they've been doing for months now. This isn't a new issue, this issue has been an issue since it came out, according to all the threads I've found on it.

The bug only impacts the story after you’ve gained access to the map. Considering that you can still accomplish the majority of what the episode offers, I wouldn’t consider it damaged.

This is also the first time I have heard of this particular bug other than the thread you created four minutes prior to creating this one about it.

Every single one of those threads showed that people were able to progress eventually, at worst right after a game update.

Of course ANet should fix the bug. But it's inaccurate to suggest to people that there is no way to progress.

You submitted a bug report. The best thing you can do now is help ANet find out how to reproduce the bug (so they can fix it): use the in-game /bug reporting tool so that ANet gets the diagnostic data about which map, see if you can identify any commonalities for situations in which the map is stalled (and include those details in the report), and (if you have time), see if you can find a better work around than wait for a new instance (which still happens, just not as often as before).

Alternatively, be patient.

Archived