Elementalist can't deploy an Earth filed at all? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elementalist can't deploy an Earth filed at all?

How comes the Masters of The Four Elelements can't deploy an Earth field with any of their weapon or utility skill? Am I missing some option? I've checked all weapon skills and all utility ones, and haven't find a single one deploying it.

Comments

• because there are no earth fields in the game. You can use glyph of storms in earth to summon a sandstorm, but it still isnt a "field" combo effect.

• Yea, apparently it doesn't exist. Really strange, all other 3 exist, and a bunch of other fields, but not Earth field. Why so?

• Idk, what would an earth field really be? like in combination with a projectile. Shooting an arrow through a fire field will catch the arrow on fire, through an electric field it will give it static, through water it will splash the magic water around. What will it do for earth, toss sand around? Logically an earth field wouldnt have special effects like that. Earth has purely physical properties will little to no chemical or physical reactions to anything, while the other elements are a lot more reactive and have special interactions with other things. I would say its from a logical point of view they decided to not have earth fields.

• MoriMoriMori.5349MoriMoriMori.5349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

Applying logic to a game world which denies logic on each step you make through it won't get us far )) But answering the question.. projectiles going through the Earth field would do more damage and inflict bleeding, same goes for Whirl finisher, just it will be tossing "earth bolts" causing dmg and bleeding in all directions. For blast, it will be something giving mass Protection (better dmg resist than Frost Armor offers) or even short-term mass invul, and for Leap it will be the same as for blast, just only for yourself.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is no air field either. Maybe because the ground you're walking on and the air you're breathing are too mundane.

• Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

Or maybe it didn't make sense to add an earth field when the only class that could produce them would be elementalist. None of the other professions work with the earth theme.

Though, I am under the impression that that's the case for mesmers and ethereal fields, so...

• @MyPuppy.8970 said:
    There is no air field either. Maybe because the ground you're walking on and the air you're breathing are too mundane.

There is Lightning which I believe represents it.

• @MoriMoriMori.5349 said:
    Applying logic to a game world which denies logic on each step you make through it won't get us far )) But answering the question.. projectiles going through the Earth field would do more damage and inflict bleeding, same goes for Whirl finisher, just it will be tossing "earth bolts" causing dmg and bleeding in all directions. For blast, it will be something giving mass Protection (better dmg resist than Frost Armor offers) or even short-term mass invul, and for Leap it will be the same as for blast, just only for yourself.

The game doesn't deny logic. The game adds the fantasy of producing magic as part of its logic. The problem is, even with magic, earth is just that. its dirt/rock/mud or whatever. You can sumon it, manipulate it, but earth doesn't necessarily enhance anything and it has all physical properties, even if it is produced via magic. It has zero magical enhancing properties, and thats more so an assumption because earth magic never has those kinds of properties in most if not all fantasy genres. You can summons shields, earthquakes, rocks, etc. but its a little ridiculous to have an earth field. What would that field be made of? aren't we always constantly standing on an earth field? why doesn't the ground we stand out throw bolts of rocks everytime we do a spin attack? it just makes no sense.

• Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

How about a smoke field, like the sand acts as a smoke screen that does not let you see. It could be put on earth overload, also on staff earth 4, that could be a "sand wall", and then we can blast finish it for stealth.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if earth a real element in this game it seems more like your using "something" to simply control the rock near you. What that something is i am not sure is an element at all. But ya i would love to see an earth field in this game protection blast root leap bleed projectile / wherrl.

edited January 28, 2019

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:
    The game doesn't deny logic.

Well, it is. How comes a light armor consisting of a few scraps of cloth protects you from anything and has armor rating at all? How comes if somebody starts spinning in a field of some element, they start to spit bolts of energy from all their pores? :) How comes the "Magnetic leap" skill attracts you to its target if neither you, nor the target have enough metal in it to be affected by magnetism? How exactly all those magical blasts, mortar shells and bullets sent by your allies can come through you without hurting you? :)

The answer to all this is "because of magic duh", it's just a universal plug used to cover all those breaches in logic this system uses. Overall, skills' descriptions justifying them often quite arbitrary and make impression of something that was made up in 5 minutes to just be there, providing a false sense of understanding it.

Or, getting to this part:

You can summons shields, earthquakes, rocks, etc. but its a little ridiculous to have an earth field. What would that field be made of? aren't we always constantly standing on an earth field? why doesn't the ground we stand out throw bolts of rocks everytime we do a spin attack? it just makes no sense.

..what is smoke field made of? Is it smoke? Than why, for the love of god, when you blast into a smoke field you become invisible? Is smoke invisible? No. Okay, may be you become a cloud of smoke, but it's still not invisible at all. And if anything else, blasting in a cloud of smoke should disperse the cloud, not combine with it. See? Logic is not very useful in such kind of game. How comes projectile coming throw Smoke field cause blindness? Does it literally transport some smoke from the field and unleashes it into your eyes on impact? Is it a special kind of ammunition? How does it work, exactly? You now need to come up with another "because of magic!" to fix this one.

Or why bullets coming through fire field causing burning AND damage? The field is so hot it sets metal on fire? Why then the bullet won't loose its structural integrity, and won't simply melt? Even more questions with arrows - what kind of wood they are made of, so they can go through the same field which sets metal on fire, without turning into ashes? Metal as well? Let me guess, the answer again is "Magic!"

But that's not a big issue, just noting that using logical approaches here isn't helpful, game's creators often don't care about it themselves. But if you really need some explanation, that here it goes: Earth field is magically magnetized area of the ground with a lots of mud and pebbles with sharp edges. When a projectile comes through, it magically attracts all this rubble and turns it into a part of a shrapnel cloud, inflicting severe bleeding. And when you blast, it rises the mud and pebbles from the ground, which then envelop you, forming an improvised stone armor for a few moments. That's explanation is nowhere worse than many skills in the game give us.

You also seem to be perfectly okay with somebody spinning in a field of fire spitting fire in all directions, but not with somebody spitting "earth bolts". Well, at least the latter rises less questions, as because you can actually use rubble as shrapnel charges (historically it was done in earlier cannons), but what exactly do you throw in case of Fire field? You can't throw fire, so what is it? Plasma? Are you dancing in a puddle of plasma, throwing it in all directions? Do you, like, actually grab an orb of plasma and throw it, or how does it work at all?

You see, we'll get nowhere this way :)

• ScottBroChill.3254ScottBroChill.3254 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

The game doesn't deny logic.

Well, it is. How comes a light armor consisting of a few scraps of cloth protects you from anything and has armor rating at all? How comes if somebody starts spinning in a field of some element, they start to spit bolts of energy from all their pores? )) How comes the "Magnetic leap" skill attract you to its target if neither you, nor the target don't have enough metal in it to be affected by magnetism? How exactly all those magical blasts, mortar shells and bullets sent by your allies can come through you without hurting you? ))

First I have to say, you have to draw the line somewhere in logic otherwise theres no reason for anything to exist in the game. There would be no point on why I can walk on the ground, why cant I just walk through it? see, we need to draw the line. ok now onto your arguments. Well, light armor is more just a representation of armor. Obviously for balance reasons you aren't going to give certain pieces of armor more value just because of its appearance. You have categories for armor, and light armor is for scholarly professions. We can assume the armor value comes from magical properties and not the physical toughness of the thin material used. Magnetic leap used to throw a magnetic projectile at the enemy that you could leap to. In order for balance, they removed the first part so now you can just leap.

The answer to all this is "because of magic duh", it's just a universal plug used to cover all those breaches in logic this system uses. Overall, skills' descriptions justifying them often quite arbitrary and make impression of something that was made up in 5 minutes to just be there, providing a false sense of understanding it.

The magic is used to manipulate things. At this point in time, earth magic is basically telekenesis with a bias on earth and dirt.

Or, getting to this part:

You can summons shields, earthquakes, rocks, etc. but its a little ridiculous to have an earth field. What would that field be made of? aren't we always constantly standing on an earth field? why doesn't the ground we stand out throw bolts of rocks everytime we do a spin attack? it just makes no sense.

..what is smoke field made of? Is it smoke? That why, for the love of god, when you blast into a smoke field you become invisible? Is smoke invisible? No. Okay, may be you become a fog of smoke, but it's still not invisible at all. See? Logic is not very useful in such kind of game. How comes projectile coming throw Smoke field cause blindness? Is it literally throws smoke into your eyes? So it somehow transports a bit of smoke from the field to its final target? Is it special kind of ammunition? How does it work, exactly? You now need to come up with another "because of magic!" to fix this one.

The invisibility from smoke represents the inability to see through the smoke and providing a visual defense from the enemy. If you wanted to make it as real as you say, you would make it so you couldnt target or see people within a smoke field, but this is an mmo and that kind of visual obstruction would be bad for the game. And yes, the smoke serves as a magical element that causes the obstruction of view and the inability to effectively fight it. The bullet going through the smoke takes that magical property and spreads it. I agree that it is a stretch to say a smoke field can cause combos, but it serves a purpose of fulfilling a certain role of hiding and evasive gameplay. Smoke is being treated like fire, is a gaseous element that obstructs view and has blinding properties. If smoke gets in your eyes, you will get blinded and will need to rinse out your eyes in real life. Don't believe me? try walking inside a burning building wihtout a face mask. Even if you don't get burned by the element of fire, you will still choke and be blinded by the smoke. Earth magic doesnt really fit this. It doesn't have properties like this. Its basically the same as the metal that your weapon is made from or the metal armor you have. To me, an earth field would be what, flying rocks? well why not have fields of flying daggers or swords? well we have these. We have sandstorm, daggerstorm, and earthquake. But what special properties do these have that can enhance someting? the problem is that unless we are fighting under water, we already are on an earth field 24/7.

Or why bullets coming through fire field causing burning AND damage? The field is so hot it sets metal on fire? Why then the bullet won't loose its structural integrity, and won't simply melt? Even more questions with arrows - what kind of wood they are made of, so they can go through the same field which sets metal on fire, without turning into ashes? Metal as well? Let me guess, the answer again is "Magic!"

Fire would not melt a bullet like that, especially that fast, so no, thats a terrible point. And have you ever played the legend of zelda? or have you read a history book in which people would light there arrows on fire? its a real thing, thats why. It follows logic in a rough sense. What, I shoot my arrow through a field of rocks and now my attacks do rock damage? what elemental significance would this add? it wouldnt, because rocks dont have a special elemental effect. They cause bleeds, but thats out of sharpness much like a serrated blade would cause. Touching a rock doesnt make you bleed. Touching fire will burn you. Touching an extremely cold object will give you freeze burn if you touch it too long. smoke in your eyes will blind you. a field of lighting will cause static electricity and possible extreme electrucution.

But that's not a big issue, just noting that using logical approaches here isn't helpful, game's creators often don't care about it themselves. But if you really need some explanation, that here it goes: Earth field is magically magnetized area of the ground with a lots of mud and pebbles with sharp edges. When a projectile comes through, it magically attracts all this dribble rubble and turns it into a part of a shrapnel cloud, inflicting severe bleeding. That's explanation is nowhere worse than many skills in the game give us.

You also seem to be perfectly okay with somebody spinning in a field of fire spitting fire in all directions, but not with somebody spitting "earth bolts". Well, at least the latter rises less questions, as because you can actually use rubble as shrapnel charges (historically it was done in earlier cannons), but what exactly do you throw in case of Fire field? You can't throw fire, so what is it? Plasma? Are you dancing in a sea of plasma, throwing it in all directions?

the problem isnt that I have a problem with spinning earth bolts around. My problem is what the hell does this field look like? rocks arent a gas, liquid, or something that can be applied to an attack. The field would be spinning rocks already, and I assumed that you wish that a spin attack would launch these rocks? but whats the combo benefit from this and does it serve a purpose other than filling a slot of having all four elements have their own field?

And then for the fire field. Fire needs a substance to combust in order to exist. So it needs a fuel. Whats the fuel? well magic. Magic acts as the oil that burns so the fire can exist. You are spinning and throwing bolts of magic that are on fire.

You see, we'll get nowhere this way :)

Answer me this question. Why don't we have a wood field? we could fling logs around, leap finishers can give me a grass aura, and blast finishers can cause a vines to rush out?

Edit: and p.s., there are currently zero fields in this game that are made up from a physical form element. All fields are of magical properties that exists and function much like a gas or liquid, or a formless element. Earth and earth magic are inherently physical and have a solid form.

edited January 28, 2019

Well, light armor is more just a representation of armor. Obviously for balance reasons you aren't going to give certain pieces of armor more value just because of its appearance. You have categories for armor, and light armor is for scholarly professions. We can assume the armor value comes from magical properties and not the physical toughness of the thin material used.

So, the answer is "because those scraps are magically charged". Ok, I'm making a note here, for future reference ;)

Magnetic leap used to throw a magnetic projectile at the enemy that you could leap to. In order for balance, they removed the first part so now you can just leap.

How exactly does it work, again? Let's assume you threw something magnetized to your target - but for it to pull you through with this tremendous acceleration, it should pretty much strong force, and, first of all, you must be susceptible to it. But you are not made of metal, and your.. ahem.. armor is neither. Do you cover yourself in metal exoskeleton before battle to pull this trick? But you need to add some magic to this contraption so it would actually carry you there, without tearing you apart due to tremendous force which is needed to leap your body through such distance in less than a second, or break your bones. Do you get at least injured after pulling that? No? Hm, that's not logical at all...

The magic is used to manipulate things. At this point in time, earth magic is basically telekenesis with a bias on earth and dirt.

Who said this? What I see is it has strong emphasis on magnetism. And magnetism is sort of "earthy" feature.

The invisibility from smoke represents the inability to see through the smoke and providing a visual defense from the enemy. If you wanted to make it as real as you say, you would make it so you couldnt target or see people within a smoke field

Oh, so many would be glad to simply target those inside this smoke cloud :) That would resolve most of the issues with those using stealth in PvP. Except they can't because they don't see them at all.

but this is an mmo and that kind of visual obstruction would be bad for the game. And yes, the smoke serves as a magical element that causes the obstruction of view and the inability to effectively fight it. The bullet going through the smoke takes that magical property and spreads it. I agree that it is a stretch to say a smoke field can cause combos, but it serves a purpose of fulfilling a certain role of hiding and evasive gameplay.

So, it's okay to throw logic out of the window, to " fulfill a certain role"? I'm noting this part as well ;)

And then for the fire field. Fire needs a substance to combust in order to exist. So it needs a fuel. Whats the fuel? well magic. Magic acts as the oil that burns so the fire can exist. You are spinning and throwing bolts of magic that are on fire.

Sorry for omitting the rest of the arguments, but they sums up to "magic", in the end. Let's get to the vital part:

Answer me this question. Why don't we have a wood field? we could fling logs around, leap finishers can give me a grass aura, and blast finishers can cause a vines to rush out?

That's simple! Because we have Earth element in the game, but don't have Wood element! Every other element has its field, but not the Earth - that's why it would be simply logical to add it (and giving ele more utility and a slight buff like that won't hurt at all)

To me, an earth field would be what, flying rocks? well why not have fields of flying daggers or swords? well we have these. We have sandstorm, daggerstorm, and earthquake. But what special properties do these have that can enhance someting? the problem is that unless we are fighting under water, we already are on an earth field 24/7.

As I said before, it could be all about magical magnetism (the same that carries you large distances without smashing your bones, despite you don't have enough metal on you to be attracted by magnetism )

What, I shoot my arrow through a field of rocks and now my attacks do rock damage? what elemental significance would this add? it wouldnt, because rocks dont have a special elemental effect. They cause bleeds, but thats out of sharpness much like a serrated blade would cause.

Because of magic! Remember? We agree that logic can be put aside for a good cause, and "magic" is an ultimate explanation when logic doesn't offer one. Magical magnetism gathers sharp shards of rock around the bullet/arrow and give them acceleration. With whirl finisher you're moving through the field, disturbing it's magnetic fields, and it makes the field to spontaneously fire shrapnel charges. And with blast finisher, you hit the ground so hard small stone fractures and mud rise from it, are attracted and stick to you, forming a stone armor.

And finally:

Touching a rock doesnt make you bleed. Touching fire will burn you.

And touching a water will, supposedly, heal your wounds? :) That's what projectiles coming through water field do. Why then there are so many injured NPCs in different locations in the game, waiting for treatment? They could just take a bath... Not to mention the fact that this Regen status is carried to you by a bullet (or a rock, or an arrow), in the first place. One should be pretty desperate at that moment to rely on such.. ahem.. radical treatment. I imagine how doctors look like in this grim universe. Should be sight to behold :)

You try to justify logical breaches, selecting only those examples where it can have a bit of sense, as of now.

• Well unfortunately thats not how earth magic works in this game. And no, I don't selectively choose the examples I want, I am using the examples available. You are literally giving me zero examples as to why I might be wrong, and instead just saying "well you said magic, so I'm saying magic cuz i want it!" I am using examples in the game in order to support my opinion, and to hopefully determine the magical laws of the game to the best of my ability. I am saying it doesn't make sense in the game world and how magic is represented. Using smiley faces just proves to me that you don't have a legit argument and instead are trying to target emotion, in a sort a snarky way.

What you're asking for doesn't make sense. I agree to disagree with you.

edited January 28, 2019

Well unfortunately thats not how earth magic works in this game.

It's literally how it works:

Obsidian Flesh - Envelop yourself in stony armor, making yourself invulnerable.

Magnetic Wave - Damage foes, cure three of your conditions, and reflect projectiles with a magnetic surge.

Magnetic Aura - Reflect projectiles with magnetic energy.

Magnetic Leap - Pull yourself to a foe and deliver an immobilizing strike.

Magnetic Current - Launch a large magnetic force that reflects projectiles along its path, crippling foes that touch it.

It's mostly either something related to magnetism (of Anet's own special kind, as unless projectiles are magnets as well, they shouldn't be repelled by a magnetic field; and if the field has mind of its own and is capable to decelerate projectile and accelerate it in the opposite direction, than it can easily do what I described in the previous post - forming shrapnel shots), or related to seismic activity. So it's more likely that skills like this:

Rock Spray - Spray a cone of gravel to bleed foes

..are in fact use magnetism of some wicked sort to propel those projectiles. It's still much more convincing explanation then using telekinesis for this, magnetism has stronger relation to earth than it.

You are literally giving me zero examples as to why I might be wrong

I'm not saying you're wrong in the explanation you give, just that they lack common sense, which you substitute with "magic" plug. Which is perfectly fine for a game universe like this one, which never was planned to have too much sense or be realistic. But then you suddenly seeing gaping chasms in logic in a similar explanation of how Earth field could work, what sound really strange. Suddenly, magic is not a good substitution of common sense in this particular case.

I am using examples in the game in order to support my opinion, and to hopefully determine the magical laws of the game to the best of my ability

I couldn't even think of it, as I so far was treating it as a hollow "what if" contest, out of boredom, tbh. Because finding any laws in this universe is futile, as I'm pretty sure Anet made up half of those explanations out of thin air without thinking too much - for same reason they've done a bunch of other questionable decisions so far, adhering to one of the most strict laws of our universe, dictating a commercial company to cut their expenses at any opportunity, to maximize their profits. The whole mechanic was designed to be playable, first of all, then they came up with improvised explanations for each of the nonsensical skill they had to made up. What we are doing right now is a another discipline of special Olympic games, mostly :) If Anet will need Earth field, it will immediately appear in the game, and they won't think even for a minute how well it blends into the lore, they will adjust lore on the fly to accept it, that's how it's always done. Except it blends very well with the current selection of Earth skills.

• ScottBroChill.3254ScottBroChill.3254 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

Well unfortunately thats not how earth magic works in this game.

It's literally how it works:

Obsidian Flesh - Envelop yourself in stony armor, making yourself invulnerable.

Magnetic Wave - Damage foes, cure three of your conditions, and reflect projectiles with a magnetic surge.

Magnetic Aura - Reflect projectiles with magnetic energy.

Magnetic Leap - Pull yourself to a foe and deliver an immobilizing strike.

Magnetic Current - Launch a large magnetic force that reflects projectiles along its path, crippling foes that touch it.

It's mostly either something related to magnetism (of Anet's own special kind, as unless projectiles are magnets as well, they shouldn't be repelled by a magnetic field; and if the field has mind of its own and is capable to decelerate projectile and accelerate it in the opposite direction, than it can easily do what I described in the previous post - forming shrapnel shots), or related to seismic activity. So it's more likely that skills like this:

Fair enough. My interpretation of it is different. I like the magnetism idea. I just disagree with an earth field, like a sandstorm field idea. I'm just not sure how you would make a skill like sandstorm enhance attacks or have combos. You could just give it properties you would like. But for me, things like fire fields enhancing attacks in the sense that now your sword/arrow/whatever now is on fire and can do burning or whatever. I don't see how putting rocks on a sword/arrow/whatever would be more effective than the sharp metal that is built to cut or pierce.

Rock Spray - Spray a cone of gravel to bleed foes

..are in fact use magnetism of some wicked sort to propel those projectiles. It's still much more convincing explanation then using telekinesis for this, magnetism has stronger relation to earth than it.

except most rocks aren't magnetic in most cases and thats just sort of ridiculous :) I say telekenesis because you are using the same medium or force to control all 4 elements. Why would fire/air/water use some kind of magic that acts similarly to telekenesis, but earth would use magneticism for everything?

You are literally giving me zero examples as to why I might be wrong

I'm not saying you're wrong in the explanation you give, just that they lack common sense, which you substitute with "magic" plug. Which is perfectly fine for a game universe like this one, which never was planned to have too much sense or be realistic. But then you suddenly seeing gaping chasms in logic in a similar explanation of how Earth field could work, what sound really strange. Suddenly, magic is not a good substitution of common sense in this particular case.

No :) I am saying how magic has been working in this game, and then I am saying how it seems to apply to earth magic. I don't have gaps in my logic, I'm saying how earth magic seems to manifest in this game and I am seeing more reasons to why it wouldnt fit into this game than why it would. Magic can act however anet wants, but to me its like asking why certain ranger pets cant also be underwater pets because we have breathing apparatuses we can put on the pets. Like maybe I should be able to bring a moa underwater to fight, because ANYTHING is possible. That's how I am viewing your argument.

I am using examples in the game in order to support my opinion, and to hopefully determine the magical laws of the game to the best of my ability

I couldn't even think of it, as I so far was treating it as a hollow "what if" contest, out of boredom, tbh. Because finding any laws in this universe is futile, as I'm pretty sure Anet made up half of those explanations out of thin air without thinking too much - for same reason they've done a bunch of other questionable decisions so far, adhering to one of the most strict laws of our universe, dictating a commercial company to cut their expenses at any opportunity, to maximize their profits. The whole mechanic was designed to be playable, first of all, then they came up with improvised explanations for each of the nonsensical skill they had to made up. What we are doing right now is a another discipline of special Olympic games, mostly :) If Anet will need Earth field, it will immediately appear in the game, and they won't think even for a minute how well it blends into the lore, they will adjust lore on the fly to accept it, that's how it's always done. Except it blends very well with the current selection of Earth skills.

Yes anet could do that, I just don't think they have because its such a stretch. And I don't think it is futile to find laws and to define things. If we stop defining things and having parameters then we have a chaotic system. Even for weird conceptual things like this that are made up.

But alright I'm out of arguments lol :)

Barrier seems like the closese thing to being real earth magic a kind of "sand" but that is scorge who getting this effect. Ele earth feels more like giving up magic to be full def.

That being said i would not mind seeing an earth field that apply barrier maybe give earth fields to ranger ele and scorge.

• I'd like to see a staff earth skill get an earth combo field with magnetic effects : something that could apply some kind of "heavy" status to projectiles (% chance to apply knockback to target), jump would give magnetic aura, swirl would hurl bleeding projectiles around, and blast could shake the earth and apply crippled, or something like "entangled" within the blast range.
    other ideas possible.

and i'm not sure i understand debating how or why things like that exist, it's just suspension of disbelief.
    of course having an explanation is always better, then again, lore and coherence aren't that important in this game, unfortunatley

Doug Warobaz - Norn To Be Alive [NtbA]

• fuzzyp.6295fuzzyp.6295 Member ✭✭✭

I mean, if we consider smoke field as the closest to an 'earth field', then yes an Ele does have access to it... its just underwater.. because why not.

They need to add more effect to each magic type for ele. Right now magic on ele feels like phical effects only where each atument should have there unique effect that even other classes do not have. Earth should some how mess with ppl ability to heal, Lighting should have armor penetration, fire should burn away boons, and water should apply cc that get stronger then others hit that target. Having earth be def is not magic its not even unique fire burning is a joke if that its unique effect water healing needs too much healing power and lighting crititing dose not seems to have any thing to do with lighting in the first places.

The magic system for the ele class has nothing to do with magic and not one bit of it is unique to the ele class.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

Idk, what would an earth field really be? like in combination with a projectile. Shooting an arrow through a fire field will catch the arrow on fire, through an electric field it will give it static, through water it will splash the magic water around. What will it do for earth, toss sand around? Logically an earth field wouldnt have special effects like that. Earth has purely physical properties will little to no chemical or physical reactions to anything, while the other elements are a lot more reactive and have special interactions with other things. I would say its from a logical point of view they decided to not have earth fields.

could be simple though...
    Earth field-
    Projectile finish: adds bleed stacks
    Blast finish: AoE stab
    Whirl finish: lots of bleed stacks?

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Idk, what would an earth field really be? like in combination with a projectile. Shooting an arrow through a fire field will catch the arrow on fire, through an electric field it will give it static, through water it will splash the magic water around. What will it do for earth, toss sand around? Logically an earth field wouldnt have special effects like that. Earth has purely physical properties will little to no chemical or physical reactions to anything, while the other elements are a lot more reactive and have special interactions with other things. I would say its from a logical point of view they decided to not have earth fields.

Earth field-

Earth field:
    Leap: 3 target root
    Projectile: bleed
    Blast: Protection or barrier (stab is too much)
    Whirl: Bleed

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jski.6180 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Earth field-

Earth field:
    Leap: 3 target root
    Projectile: bleed
    Blast: Protection or barrier (stab is too much)
    Whirl: Bleed

Leap finisher as Immobilize is a pretty good idea actually..

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• i do find it funny that none of think earth has a field when it does its just very short fields. Lets say you play staff tempist and you do overcharg yes that is a field then dont forget about also adding in the earthquake and then the earth wall. if any of this stacks with anything it gives you the earth field stuff so were are you all confused here? I am trying to be nice here but it does seem you need to fully test out your classes befor you complain about them. I saw someone say how does smoke give you invis and that one is also supper easy to explane think of what happens if you are in fog or by a house on fire it limets your vission makeing it harder for you see. So if you shot into a smoke field its like a arrow with powder making hard to see at all making one seem like they invis its simple stuff when you think logicly. I do hope this helps you understand everything.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Belishine.7493 said:
    i do find it funny that none of think earth has a field when it does its just very short fields. Lets say you play staff tempist and you do overcharg yes that is a field then dont forget about also adding in the earthquake and then the earth wall. if any of this stacks with anything it gives you the earth field stuff so were are you all confused here? I am trying to be nice here but it does seem you need to fully test out your classes befor you complain about them. I saw someone say how does smoke give you invis and that one is also supper easy to explane think of what happens if you are in fog or by a house on fire it limets your vission makeing it harder for you see. So if you shot into a smoke field its like a arrow with powder making hard to see at all making one seem like they invis its simple stuff when you think logicly. I do hope this helps you understand everything.

People werent thinking about visual fields, as in skill animation. They meant combo field, to interact with combo finishers. Earth only provides finishers.

• but dont the 3 earth skills i list all give you protection when they all stacked?

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Belishine.7493 said:
    but dont the 3 earth skills i list all give you protection when they all stacked?

Only overload does, other 2 are just CC.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.