Visual clutter on Siren's Reef (T4) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Visual clutter on Siren's Reef (T4)

I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

Comments

  • @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

    At the very least assign different colors.

    I also think the captain's huge kitten daze cone she spams all the time while you're trying to move from squalls, drop off heat zones, and group for sharks while mobs spam chill is way over the top.

    Why are we having a constantly spammed conal daze to begin with?

    We now design content for our version of the trilogy. Please make sure to bring support and heals to trivialize this "hard" content. We do appreciate you noticing our attempts to create yet another failed WoW clone.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shadow Order.7258 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

    At the very least assign different colors.

    I also think the captain's huge kitten daze cone she spams all the time while you're trying to move from squalls, drop off heat zones, and group for sharks while mobs spam chill is way over the top.

    Why are we having a constantly spammed conal daze to begin with?

    We now design content for our version of the trilogy. Please make sure to bring support and heals to trivialize this "hard" content. We do appreciate you noticing our attempts to create yet another failed WoW clone.

    Well, support and heals are brought to help trivialize all T4 content. Y'know why T3 is so much harder than T4? No support/heals. Y'know why? Because once you have support and heals, the content becomes so much simpler you might as well do T4 for extra rewards.

    But you still have to bring your game - support classes don't do it on their own. I was told of a group that couldn't finish final boss of Thaumanova despite having FB heals + support Chrono. Support classes just make it all easier.

    The outrage train for this issue left the station years ago - this is the new normal (and has been since PoF launched afaik) so time for a paradigm change.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

    @Shadow Order.7258 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

    At the very least assign different colors.

    I also think the captain's huge kitten daze cone she spams all the time while you're trying to move from squalls, drop off heat zones, and group for sharks while mobs spam chill is way over the top.

    Why are we having a constantly spammed conal daze to begin with?

    We now design content for our version of the trilogy. Please make sure to bring support and heals to trivialize this "hard" content. We do appreciate you noticing our attempts to create yet another failed WoW clone.

    Can't heal if you're chain dazed anyways so I don't understand why you made a comment on the trinity when GW1 has had a trinity sice the beginning with Monk or Ritualist heals, and GW2 has had support builds since forever.

  • phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

    Yeah the windy thingies could have been red color or darker or something.

    "There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

  • FOX.3582FOX.3582 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

    You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

    @FOX.3582 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

    You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

    Nah, it's not just in Siren's Reef. The Twilight Oasis Fractal also has a bad visual clutter problem, I'm just used to it by now.

    The thing is, the final boss on Siren's Reef has:

    • Tons of trash mobs spawning constantly + their attacks
    • Circle AoE of garbage
    • Cone daze attack
    • Giant squalls spawning regularly to knock you into the trash mobs and water (easy to miss because of all the other stuff, but is the most important thing to notice)
    • Circle AoE of shark
    • Conditions constantly being applied that alter your screen's view (birds makes this worse with blind)
    • All of the normal visual clutter from the fight

    The end result is that the screen is almost literally filled with crud. I had one guy in my group last night saying the only way he could play that boss was from a top-down view.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • FOX.3582FOX.3582 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @FOX.3582 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

    You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

    Nah, it's not just in Siren's Reef. The Twilight Oasis Fractal also has a bad visual clutter problem, I'm just used to it by now.

    The thing is, the final boss on Siren's Reef has:

    • Tons of trash mobs spawning constantly + their attacks
    • Circle AoE of garbage
    • Cone daze attack
    • Giant squalls spawning regularly to knock you into the trash mobs and water (easy to miss because of all the other stuff, but is the most important thing to notice)
    • Circle AoE of shark
    • Conditions constantly being applied that alter your screen's view (birds makes this worse with blind)
    • All of the normal visual clutter from the fight

    The end result is that the screen is almost literally filled with crud. I had one guy in my group last night saying the only way he could play that boss was from a top-down view.

    Welcome in Guild Wars 2, haha.

  • I'm glad it isn't just me, I actually asked a group what it was that was knocking me off the deck. I usually can't see the orange indicators for the gusts or squalls.

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't have much to add that already has not been said it is just plain to much. Maybe keep everything but slow down the rates of the attacks that are automatic. Leave the skills from the boss at the same rate but make them hit a littler harder to make up for the speed of the knock offs and death circles.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It’d be great if stability did something on the ship.

  • @phokus.8934 said:
    It’d be great if stability did something on the ship.

    It does, it prevents you from being dazed when standing in the cone attack.

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cryostasis.7680 said:

    @phokus.8934 said:
    It’d be great if stability did something on the ship.

    It does, it prevents you from being dazed when standing in the cone attack.

    Talking more about the wind bursts.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @FOX.3582 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    I don't normally like to gripe about new fractals, because I expect that they'll be balanced soon enough. But my biggest problem with the boss fight on Siren's Reef is the visual clutter. There ends up being so much going on the screen that it becomes difficult to spot when the giant squalls will knock you off. Can we tone down the level of visual noise so we can see the actually important threats?

    You only have that in Siren's Reef, lol? I think my biggest problem with this game is the visual noise, what a mess it is.

    Was doing the Jade Construct event in Bloodstone Fen the other day, staying back at range on my Rev using hammer and dropping stab + DR, while my wife happened to be watching over my shoulder. At one point I landed a Hammer 3 and a several 4-digit green numbers flashed on the screen.

    My wife asked me: What was that?
    I replied: I must have hit a water field.

    Yeah, no way to see any field in that mess - the only reason I knew it was there was because I saw the effect of the blast finisher.

  • Starmiz.3298Starmiz.3298 Member ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019

    Visual clutter is a huge issue for me in this game. I tried Twilight Oasis for the first time the other day and really struggled on the last boss because of the clutter of effects. Makes me sad to hear that it is also an issue in the newest fractal. Sometimes the clutter gets so bad that I get sick from it and have to stop playing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.