Slippery Slope in Chaos

phs.6089

I appreciate the fact that you exclude the first puzzle in fractal from being affected by SS but what about the second (one where we need to go down to valley) ?Getting splat is fun first couple of times :) But it get old fast.Please consider exclude it too.

@phs.6089 said:

@FOX.3582 said:Oh please no, not again. Fractals always have been way too easy and they still are. At least the new instabilities bring some chaos every now and then, it's fun.

What exactly is fun? Getting killed on puzzle? You must like pain!

So you fall down a couple of times, what's the big deal? My groups and me always laugh with the new instabilities instead of getting mad, maybe it's a personality issue? At the end of the day we always clear everything, being fast as always.

@FOX.3582 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@FOX.3582 said:Oh please no, not again. Fractals always have been way too easy and they still are. At least the new instabilities bring some chaos every now and then, it's fun.

What exactly is fun? Getting killed on puzzle? You must like pain!

So you fall down a couple of times, what's the big deal? My groups and me always laugh with the new instabilities instead of getting mad, maybe it's a personality issue? At the end of the day we always clear everything, being fast as always.

I'm not mad. I'm just pointing that second puzzle needs to be excluded as well. It is fun first couple of times, I don't argue with it.

Well you need to play with pugs to know the true pain.. the reason I quit fractal is the introduction of mistlock to fractal and it wasn't the mistlock it's the combination of it and pugs. There are many many many ppl can't play with statics due to many many reasons.. mislock instability isn't fun for pug group.I haven't tried slippery slope. As soon as I heard the news of new 10 mistlocks coming with update ... My urge to enter fractal new map goes to zero.... So I havent tried the new mistlocks. But I am speaking as a whole for all mistlocks

@Talindra.4958 said:Well you need to play with pugs to know the true pain.. the reason I quit fractal is the introduction of mistlock to fractal and it wasn't the mistlock it's the combination of it and pugs. There are many many many ppl can't play with statics due to many many reasons.. mislock instability isn't fun for pug group.I haven't tried slippery slope. As soon as I heard the news of new 10 mistlocks coming with update ... My urge to enter fractal new map goes to zero.... So I havent tried the new mistlocks. But I am speaking as a whole for all mistlocks

I mostly pug fractals and still having fun with it. People just complain too much and about the wrong things. Maybe I have no problems because I play at night mostly, when most of the kiddos sleep?

@FOX.3582 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:Well you need to play with pugs to know the true pain.. the reason I quit fractal is the introduction of mistlock to fractal and it wasn't the mistlock it's the combination of it and pugs. There are many many many ppl can't play with statics due to many many reasons.. mislock instability isn't fun for pug group.I haven't tried slippery slope. As soon as I heard the news of new 10 mistlocks coming with update ... My urge to enter fractal new map goes to zero.... So I havent tried the new mistlocks. But I am speaking as a whole for all mistlocks

I mostly pug fractals and still having fun with it. People just complain too much and about the wrong things. Maybe I have no problems because I play at night mostly, when most of the kiddos sleep?

Maybe. I play in EU day time to EU early evening due to time zone difference. But my experience in fractal pug group last few years - people hardly say hi or bye so I doubt your pug experience on people having fun and laugh about is true for pug in EU. After two fail ppl either leave group or be toxic to the others. That is reason I stop playing.

@phs.6089 said:I appreciate the fact that you exclude the first puzzle in fractal from being affected by SS but what about the second (one where we need to go down to valley) ?Getting splat is fun first couple of times :) But it get old fast.Please consider exclude it too.

Use dodges to stop momentum (generally a good advice when playing on Slippery Slope). Don't think I've ever died while going down into the valley even with Slippery Slope.

The fire gauntlet where you have to light 4 fires, while affected and made different with Slippery Slope, actually benefits you with increased speed. Now that every person can light all the fires, all it takes is 1 person who can solo it. You can either be that person, or hope 1 of the other 4 people you are with is that person. Otherwise stick together as a group and run together.

@Deepcuts.9740 said:@phs.6089 no point. Its like arguing with a BDSM person saying you don't like pain while they argue that pain is good for...something.

Sorry that the FREELOOT.INC has stopped working for you. Maybe apply some LEARNTOPLAY.ITSNOTTHATHARD. Seems that the PLEASENERFCAUSEIWANT.LOOT has not fixed the issue.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Deepcuts.9740 said:@phs.6089 no point. Its like arguing with a BDSM person saying you don't like pain while they argue that pain is good for...something.

Sorry that the FREELOOT.INC has stopped working for you. Maybe apply some LEARNTOPLAY.ITSNOTTHATHARD. Seems that the PLEASENERFCAUSEIWANT.LOOT has not fixed the issue.You do realize you're making his point for him with this, don't you.

When getting down a small cliff which only requires you to hit 1 of the platforms on the way down is to big a hurdle to overcome. That's 2019 GW2.

Here is my guide:

• approach the cliff with Slippery Slope
  • dodge towards the Mistlock Singularity which will in turn stop your momentum
  • take 1 coordinated jump onto ANY of the platforms (which is possible since you are standing at top the ledge after dodging)
  • dodge once more in the general direction of the ground if possible hitting any of the other platforms so as not to have to stop at the bottom to regenerate life
  • done

I love how people come piling on who very likely haven't even done this part of the fractal or even tried to do it. It's hilariously easy once you've realized how movement under Slippery Slope works.

I wasn't asking to teach me how to deal with SS on puzzle, tho. What I'm saying SS was removed from first, meaning second has to go.People can go haha and jajaja first 2-3 times, then it starts to get frustrating and people run outta patience to pretend otherwise.Second of all, that haha or jajaja may and will offend someone.Its fine if you go do with friends and if you friends find out that someone splats down is funny. Then there are lots of cliffs in GW2 outside of fractals.

@phs.6089 said:I wasn't asking to teach me how to deal with SS on puzzle, tho. What I'm saying SS was removed from first, meaning second has to go.People can go haha and jajaja first 2-3 times, then it starts to get frustrating and people run outta patience to pretend otherwise.Second of all, that haha or jajaja may and will offend someone.Its fine if you go do with friends and if you friends find out that someone splats down is funny. Then there are lots of cliffs in GW2 outside of fractals.

Because there is a major difference in traversing an actual jumping puzzle and an upward slope versus a drop with a couple of platforms.

The mere fact that you call a basically stairs down a jumping puzzle is an insult to the most basic jumping puzzles in this game. It's 3-4 platforms on the way down of which you need to hit 1!

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@phs.6089 said:I wasn't asking to teach me how to deal with SS on puzzle, tho. What I'm saying SS was removed from first, meaning second has to go.People can go haha and jajaja first 2-3 times, then it starts to get frustrating and people run outta patience to pretend otherwise.Second of all, that haha or jajaja may and will offend someone.Its fine if you go do with friends and if you friends find out that someone splats down is funny. Then there are lots of cliffs in GW2 outside of fractals.

Because there is a major difference in traversing an actual jumping puzzle and an upward slope versus a drop with a couple of platforms.

The mere fact that you call a basically stairs down a jumping puzzle is an insult to the most basic jumping puzzles in this game. It's 3-4 platforms on the way down of which you need to hit 1!In other words, because there is a convoluted way of dealing with it
you
have no problem with using, it means it can't be annoying/problematic for anyone else.

You know, at some point i'm sure i heard something exactly the same about the parts where slippery slope got ultimately disabled. It still got disabled. Because, so it happens, that one person/small group of people having no problem with a mechanic still doesn't mean that mechanic is fun, or well designed. It just means some people can ignore the badly designed parts.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"phs.6089" said:I wasn't asking to teach me how to deal with SS on puzzle, tho. What I'm saying SS was removed from first, meaning second has to go.People can go haha and jajaja first 2-3 times, then it starts to get frustrating and people run outta patience to pretend otherwise.Second of all, that haha or jajaja may and will offend someone.Its fine if you go do with friends and if you friends find out that someone splats down is funny. Then there are lots of cliffs in GW2 outside of fractals.

The mere fact that you call a basically stairs down a jumping puzzle is an insult to the most basic jumping puzzles in this game. It's 3-4 platforms on the way down of which you need to hit 1!In other words, because there is a convoluted way of dealing with it
you
have no problem with using, it means it can't be annoying/problematic for anyone else.

You know, at some point i'm sure i heard something exactly the same about the parts where slippery slope got ultimately disabled. It still got disabled. Because, so it happens, that one person/small group of people having no problem with a mechanic
still
doesn't mean that mechanic is fun, or well designed. It just means some people can ignore the badly designed parts.

Honest question, have you actually played this fractal so far with Slippery Slope? Or is this just a "I have to stick to my nonsense" situation where unrelated to how difficult the actual content is, I have to complain?

I am honestly surprised that people have a hard time to get down a fall which provides 3-4 platforms to prevent instant death. That's all this "jumping puzzle" is. Yes, if you do miss ALL the platforms, you will die from fall damage and re-spawn up top. If pressing the dodge button once to stop movement and then simply jump and hit 1 platform is convoluted, then I am out. This is trolling of a new level.

EDIT: just so we are all on the same page

at time stamp 5:55, that's what we are talking about. It's basically a stairs, in a strait line, which is barely high enough to get people killed height wise. Yes, I am sure Slippery Slope here is absolutely terrible and people are not in the least trolling. /s

@Talindra.4958 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Maybe. I play in EU day time to EU early evening due to time zone difference. But my experience in fractal pug group last few years - people hardly say hi or bye so I doubt your pug experience on people having fun and laugh about is true for pug in EU. After two fail ppl either leave group or be toxic to the others. That is reason I stop playing.

I rarely have this problems. Sorry.

Archived