help me I'm lost

DuiePyle.4398

Ok, I need help. My goal is to get glider, mount, and mastery ranks. I have all of my skills, specializations, and 58% of my Elite specializations for Druid. I also have 19 mastery points for Central Tyria. I'm getting a pop-up window stating "Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master!" At this time, I don't know what that means and I don't know how to get glider, mount, or get a mastery rank. I have read and I have read and read somemore and I am more confused than ever. I have gone through tyria and gotten all available mastery points, amounting to 19 points. As I understand it, this is the "Pact Commander" points needed to get the before mentioned goals. I have been getting the feeling lately however, this is incorrect thinking. So, if it is, I'm lost. Can anyone out there guide me and put me on the right track? How can I turn mastery points to mastery rank. I'm getting tired of running around killing things and collecting things and getting very little exp for it. There are things that would be easier to get if I had a mount and so forth. What is it I have to do? :/

Gliding is done in the HoT maps and use the HoT mastery points to increase it's capabilities. You have to go into your Hero panel and under the Masteries tab, select gliding to train in.

You also have to get the XP from the HoT maps to fill the bar at the bottom of your screen. When it's full and you have enough mastery points, you can train in that line.

Then select the next one to train, rinse and repeat.

Edit: I think you have to talk to the Scout at the Shipwreck way point to get started and get the basic glider. It's been a long time so not sure on that.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Gliding is done in the HoT maps and use the HoT mastery points to increase it's capabilities. You have to go into your Hero panel and under the Masteries tab, select gliding to train in.

You also have to get the XP from the HoT maps to fill the bar at the bottom of your screen. When it's full and you have enough mastery points, you can train in that line.

Then select the next one to train, rinse and repeat.

Edit: I think you have to talk to the Scout at the Shipwreck way point to get started and get the basic glider. It's been a long time so not sure on that.

Glider Basics is selected by default after Torn from the Sky which also unlocks masteries if it wasn't already and also gives 1 mastery point for putting into Glider Basics.

You might be confusing the need to talk to the scout to unlock the glider skins for the black and white wings.

Two basic things that seems to be causing confusion:1) You need to play through the beginning of either expansion to unlock the mastery system.2) Once unlocked, the mastery system is divided by areas - both Mastery Points and the Experience needed are separated into Core/HoT/PoF.

Unlock tactics, most basic step:Pact Commander is a Core mastery line - absolutely set that as your first for when you play in core tyria, its last step is a game changer!Gliding is the first HoT track you'll unlock. Here you won't want to focus as exclusively on it, but come back for more info once you have Gliding 1.In PoF, each mount has its own mastery line. Don't spend points on the 4th step in any mount until you have 3 in at least two but preferably all "base" mounts.

Well, what do you know! I looked into my Hero panel under the glider and I found the glider Icon with no padlock image on it. So, I assume the glider is unlocked for me. Which begs the question, How do I deploy it? Is it now that I go talk to the NPC scout? I'm still a little hazy on converting my mastery points to mastery Rank. The Hero panel says I'm supposed to go to the "Hart of Maguuma" for the story step "Torn from the sky". So far, however, I have not been able to get there. There is a doorway of vines in "Dry Top" that I have been unable to get through. I don't know why except that I have something in "Dry Top" I have to complete yet, and there is a "point of interest" on top of a towering rock I can't get to, try as I might, without a mount. Maybe that's why the vined gate/doorway won't open, to let me into "The Hart of Maguuma".

H -> Story Journal -> Heart of Thorns -> Begin this StorySince you need the Story to unlock the Masteries in HoT and PoF (For PoF H -> Story Journal -> Path of Fire - Begin this Story)You will need the second Story step (Torn from the Sky) of the HoT Story to unlock the Glider,The first Story Step of the PoF Story to unlock the Raptor Mount.

The Portal to Maguuma is in the Silverwastes not Dry Top. but the Story should lead you right to it.

There are three different kind of Mastery PointCentral Tyria Mastery PointsPath of Fire Mastery PointsHeart of Thorns Mastery Points

All are earned in the corresponding areas/maps.To get the Exp you need for a Mastery track you need to be in the corresponding Maps as well, e.g. For Gliding Mastery you need to earn Exp on one of the HoT Maps.

@"DuiePyle.4398" said:Ok, I need help. My goal is to get glider, mount, and mastery ranks. I have all of my skills, specializations, and 58% of my Elite specializations for Druid. I also have 19 mastery points for Central Tyria. I'm getting a pop-up window stating "Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master!" At this time, I don't know what that means and I don't know how to get glider, mount, or get a mastery rank. I have read and I have read and read somemore and I am more confused than ever. I have gone through tyria and gotten all available mastery points, amounting to 19 points. As I understand it, this is the "Pact Commander" points needed to get the before mentioned goals. I have been getting the feeling lately however, this is incorrect thinking. So, if it is, I'm lost. Can anyone out there guide me and put me on the right track? How can I turn mastery points to mastery rank. I'm getting tired of running around killing things and collecting things and getting very little exp for it. There are things that would be easier to get if I had a mount and so forth. What is it I have to do? :/

The current ability fully trained is your hero points you have gained to get your elite specialization, nothing to do with masteries. Each area has their own mastery line which is to the bottom right of your screen for easy access, or the last icon on your hero window. Core masteries are Red, Hot Masteries are Green and, PoF mastery's are Purple. First open your mastery panel if you have 19 core Red mastery points start with the first one then set to the second one and start that one for more experience for that one. Next go to the Hot Green panel and start the first mastery for gliding look for a mastery point you can commune with get all the experience to gain the first level of gliding then go from there. Now there are several masteries for each area ones that help the most for travel through HoT will be the gliding line and itzel lore at least for jumping mushroom mastery. Once you start you will then understand what has to be done to use masteries Mastery rank is just completed mastery totals for the entire game and the expansions

Archived