any tips versus mirage — Guild Wars 2 Forums

any tips versus mirage

Ronnie Hu.1694Ronnie Hu.1694 Member ✭✭
edited January 29, 2019 in PVP

I m [email protected] . Anytips? I dunno how to fight mirage . Blink , stealth , evade , infinite dodge what else?

Comments

• At you almost all skills beat the area, kill clones.
    Constantly change weapon for removal conditions and use protective skills.
    And see confusion stacks, it can just kill.

It is not always important to kill a mirage, it is enough to take point.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019

As a warrior you have to better mechanicly, and a fair bit better, otherwise you won't win, mirage will kill you just by using his deffensive skills. As a warrior you cant apply that much pressure on mirage, so he'll be able to go offensive against you. A mirage as good as you will always beat you x1, unless he overextend himself on your aoes. Mirage right now ia over performing offensive and defensively there's nothing much any class can do against them, the games already have 2 on each side, anet is waiting until this spec is the only thing left in pvp to do something

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

nothing unless you can spike fast and hard, otherwise you'll get kited to death.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not an expert on fighting condi mirages on my warrior build that has minimal condi removal quite yet, but there's a few decent clips in my warrior gameplay. If this helps you, I'm glad. If not, my recommendation is to play condi mirage until you know how you can beat it.

Truly, though, you can always 'beat' them by rotating away if you're losing the engagement.

Anyways, GL!

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

@st elmos fire.2987 said:
    Dodge torch skills. Dodge or reflect pistol skills. Dodge axe 3, interrupt axe 2, interrupt or dodge scepter 3. Use unblockable to scepter block or dont hit it, kill all clones asap, swing your sword everywhere if hes in stealth. If you dont have resistance and you have more than 3 stacks of torment dont move, if more than 3 confusion dont use many skills. Pressing block is ok but spamming everything is not ok. Dont stand in chaos storm. Avoid the opener with non port spots and jumping puzzles. Non port spots are allso good to avoid shatters if you cant keep hes clones dead. Allso if he has lot of clones dodge the ambush skills. If hes bad and makes shatters that are easy to dodge then dodge them. Play safe cos you probably cant kill him and playing aggressive just makes you take more damage from confusion. Learn to find the real mesmer instantly. Dont fight them at all.
    (Edit. They should allmost allways have defensive cooldowns ready so you need to be tricky to make it harder for them to dodge on time. Use a lot of retargeting tricks. You dont need to hit with a lot of damage. Just hit with something consistently.)

I read this in the voice of Kramer lol good stuff

• Personally, the only method I’ve found to work is to also play Mesmer, just better than your opponent.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:
    So, my friend offers this advice: He plays mesmer and warrior heavily in sPvP and I've seen him 1v4 on his core warrior before when we are duo-quing. I asked him on discord and he provided some sage and very detailed advise. I hope it helps!

"Play very aggressive, cleave the clones, time bulls rush and burst skill right.

If it’s condi mirage you can use the clones to proc cleansing ire for condi cleanse too, warrior can abuse Mesmer clones big time, critting then gives might and might heals blocking them gives might which means that heals you too."

Pretty much this, abuse on hit procs and get your regen off the clones and out sustain them easily. After that it's kiting, AI is terrible in this game so you can easily lead clones where you want them for procs.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Safandula.8723 said:
    Very easy as some mirage says.
    Simply don't move and don't use skills, they lose hp from that

just dont play the game 😂😂

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:
    Very easy as some mirage says.
    Simply don't move and don't use skills, they lose hp from that

just dont play the game 😂😂

Yea that's another good solution, if there will be only mirage playing this game, they will also quit a game. And boonbeasts

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

My tip is: just accept the death and have fun playing versus other classes :D

• rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

As a marauder elementalist I find the most effective tactic to open with a burst to force defensive cooldowns. Then timing blinds in order to negate any counterpressure, and once the burst is on cooldown start to kite. The thing to avoid now is mainly shatters but also obstructing LoS so the mesmer can't really pressure you. Let the clones autoattack you and dps down phantasms while on the move. The next step is crucial and will decide whether you win or should rotate away from there, which is to let the mesmer do it's burst - and avoid it. Doesn't matter how, learn how long it takes from you start to kite until the mesmer forces LoS and sets it up, then how to best avoid it. Now is the time to counterburst and this is for all the money. As an ele the mes will outsustain me (goes for alot of power builds) between my burst cooldowns and staying after this step without finishing the mesmer will put you at a heavy disadvantage. You can always help out at another node and then come back for another try as mirages tend to stay in one spot.

When it comes to knowing when to use your skills, I always wait for the "blurred" animation (like when they dodge or use distortion) then wait just a split second before I press my buttons - this coupled with cast times, travel times and latency 95% of the time adds up to more than 1 second and you will land most of your damage, unless they double dodge of course in which case you should immediatly stow your weapon and use about face to move just beyond their range.

The most important thing really is to know it can't be facetanked unless by another mirage or soulbeast, and to avoid the shatters while using the terrain to your advantage. Also pack some condi cleanse - it never hurts.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mirage (mesmer in general) is the most unfair matchup for Warrior.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• BlackTruth.6813BlackTruth.6813 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

@Daishi.6027 said:

Shatters - Cry of Frustration is one of the biggest threats if you can't cleanse it efficiently. Assume if it lands with 2 - 3 illusions you will die. The biggest issue with condi mirages is that each shatter can put some stacks, but if you faithfully avoid the main two they shouldn't be able to kill you. Dying if it lands isn't a hard truth, and you may still come back; however shatters are a key thing to play around and there are several ways you can approach that.

It's hilarious that the mesmer main says it himself too, it's actually disgusting. Lets make it easy to understand, SHATTERS are instant cast so the ONLY way to beat shatters is random dodge or kill them before they kill you. GOD FORBID that you dodge the wrong shatter by the way. GOD FORBID that you EVEN dodge when you think he's going to shatter and he doesn't actually shatter, MEANING YOU CAN LEGIT WASTE A DODGE FOR NOTHING and high chance you will die after 2-3 dodges. And here's the catch, THERE IS NO REAL WAY TO TELL IF HE "WILL" SHATTER IN THE FIRST PLACE OR WILL BE A CRY OF FRUSTRATION LMAO BECAUSE IT IS INSTANT CAST and Mesmers can just spam evades while doing it. How long can a mesmer spam/layer "time" invulns again? LMAO. The fact that Mesmers can evade AND cast shatters at the same time ls too much privilege. And yeah, I am saving this, YOU HEARD IT from a MESMER MAIN HIMSELF IF HE LANDS AN INSTANT CAST SHATTER HE WINS.

Realistically, with a Mesmer's kit? THEY WILL HAVE so many chances if they mess up to land these insta-cast shatters.

Do you people see the problem now? A "long-time" mesmer main actually thinks you can BORDERLINE play around something or dodge something that is NON-TELEGRAPHED and insta-cast? This advice has too many flaws.

HASHTAGPOLITICALLYINCORRECT

• BlackTruth.6813BlackTruth.6813 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

On topic tho, build zerker amulet probably, have rampage, have berserker stance so weakness/blind spam doesn't mess your combos, probably use healing signet wisely defensively/offensively because you might get a random weakness or blind from something.

You want Rampage obviously, but keep in mind that Mesmer CAN counter Rampage with MOA, portal, evade spam, and z-axis teleport. It is your best bet most of the time with a zerker amulet because as a Warrior, building heavily on damage is the only way to touch a Mirage or a GOOD MESMER for that matter.

Obviously instant burst is NECESSARY so gunflame CAN work. STR ARMS Berserker if you have HoT. You sacrifice defense and will probably die to so many types of bursts in the game but it is possible to kill before you get killed with gunflame + GS rampage zerker, so you can hit evade spammers. Core Warrior Off-hand axe is actually looking good nowadays as well (50% movespeed and the damage is disgustingly high now), but then you need to figure out a way to deal with retal because you won't only fight Mesmers in sPvP (defiant stance, so you have to know when to use healing signet or defiant stance for a match). Spellbreaker is apparently really nice vs. Mirage and Mesmers in sPVP, so Magebane tether is nice to counter the stealth. But then guess what Mesmers can do? They can simply take advantage of the fact that running in a straight line counters everything Warrior has assuming that you dodge their slows and CC. They can simply outrotate a spell breaker and avoid 1v1s with them if it's THAT bad via portal plays. God forbid they know how to stow weapon vs. full counter as well because Spellbreaker with full counter down is just a normal Warrior who is just as vulnerable to portal plays and z-axis teleports that RESET THE FIGHT if you, god forbid, mess up on an evade spammer instant cast class.

TL;DR you can't depend on stun locking with bulls charge for example, you NEED damage that doesn't require CC or set ups to land i.e gunflame/off-hand axe/etc.

PRAY that you crit all your hits because if you don't crit for when it counts, Mesmers can just z-axis teleport to a ledge and they will reset the fight, or PORTAL out if they figure out a way to put portal on their build.

Because even if you know all of this, Mesmer has UPPER HAND vs. Warrior. It has been that way since day 1, Mesmer mains who think Warrior vs. Mesmer does not favor Mesmer is delusional and borderline probably unskilled players who fail bad on classes or builds that require actual brain cells (i.e 1200 grenade engi back in the day, mesmer mains could not handle playing that so they go back to their evade spam class). Portal > Warrior mobility in sPvP so you rotate points better. Z-axis teleport, Warrior CANNOT do that.

https://i.gyazo.com/4e70bc5b576a16c18ee74804006c1120.mp4
    Oh and daily reminder that Mesmer is a balanced class that does not really have an advantage vs. Warriors such as this (P.S Staff z-axis teleport has a 10 SECOND CD so once Mesmers "master" this "hard concept," you will probably have a very low chance of winning in a 1v1 in sPVP)

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:
    I m [email protected] . Anytips? I dunno how to fight mirage . Blink , stealth , evade , infinite dodge what else?

Complain about Mirage nerfs in the forum each night, pray to god in front of an altar, hope it happens.

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

@BlackTruth.6813 said:

HASHTAGPOLITICALLYINCORRECT

Lol honestly can't tell if trolling from this. ^

In case you're not:
    Skills don't function in a vacuum. The shatter's "initiation" is instant cast, but the illusion's travel time before the AI's individual cast is not, unless you let it be. There is a lot of counter play there, so long you don't just stand there and let the mesmer crowd illusions around you.
    All you have to do is keep moving and you'll see it coming; and have plenty of time to react.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

sPvP: yes, like mentioned: play aggressive to force him to use his endurance ressources as soon as possible in the fight. While doing so watch your confusion and torment stacks and cleanse properly if he is condi or hybrid. Dodging openers and tracking the real mesmer are mesmer fighting basics, which are not worth mentioning

WvW: forget about it, he has enough cloaks, distorsion, kiting abilities to be invulnerable for 95% of the fight. The damage you are dealing in that remaining 5%, he can easily heal up again. Not a single decent mirage has to die in a WvW fight

• everyman.4375everyman.4375 Member ✭✭✭

@BlackTruth.6813 said:
    You want Rampage obviously, but keep in mind that Mesmer CAN counter Rampage with MOA, portal

I mean nobody uses moa or portal so it's not realy something to keep in mind.

• Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:

Complain about Mirage nerfs in the forum each night, pray to god in front of an altar, hope it happens.

Not sure if sarcasm. But there is no K-I-T-T-Y way how to beat mirage with warrior right now.. So it is actually only way.. hope for patch or reroll.

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

Kiting works in some cases if you can do it consistently. Won’t work against all builds.

Results may vary if the Mirage is good and you are not. Mirage may not need to be significantly better than you.

Generally, don’t 1v1 a Mirage and you will do much better assuming both you and your allies are competent.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry. They are not good, and you might not be that bad. When the real nerf comes, have a vial ready to collect the salt from all the "mesmer main" tears. It will be worth it's weight in gold.

• whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    I love how Mirage mains are like:

"Mirage isn't OP it's a l2p issue. Look, if you do this and do that, and do it 110% perfectly at the performance level of the Abjured during their peak, you can deal damage to us. See? it was a l2p issue all along. You guys need to stop complaining."

Some of the explanations they suggest for "how to deal with them" is like riding a camel through the eye of a needle. To act so nonchalant as if it were an easy thing to do consistently or even possibly at all, is ridiculous lol.

Even tho this is pvp section I tell you something.

Right now I roam solo in WvW with full zerk power mirage.
    Instead of using greatsword I am using staff for fun, I have zero condi stats and even if I get 25 might stacks my torment hit maybe for 20 damage or even less, I am full zerk gear with might infusion.

Still everyday I receive 10 or more whispers by the guys I kill and they ALL call me "condi trash noob".
    And those guys are gold mithrill platinum rank as well, so it means they play WvW since a lot of time and they cannot even distinguish a kitten power from condi build, they see staff and they think it's condi.

This "experiment" just shows how people is stupidly bad at the game and those are the people who come in the forum to cry and ask for nerfs.

Mirage definitely needs adjustments, but in over 70% of the cases it's just a learn to play issue indeed and now I am always more sure about this after what happens in my whisper everyday.

People are lazy to learn to play, simple as that.

• Abazigal.3679Abazigal.3679 Member ✭✭✭

@whoknocks.4935 said:
    Mirage definitely needs adjustments, but in over 70% of the cases it's just a learn to play issue indeed and now I am always more sure about this after what happens in my whisper everyday.

I'm not disagreeing on this, but....

Whether it was turret engis, hambows, DH's and even scourge the L2P had a huge part because people were standing in AoE though you could see it.
    People refused to learn, though it wasn't so hard to simply avoid the fight. Now we have mirage, who you cannot see, deals stacks of conditions, and sometimes even hits you out of no idea. Can you really blame players for a l2p issue ?

Now if we're being honest, condition spamming has always been an issue in the game, there clearly needs tutorials to mitigate it.

edited February 3, 2019

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

"Mirage isn't OP it's a l2p issue. Look, if you do this and do that, and do it 110% perfectly at the performance level of the Abjured during their peak, you can deal damage to us. See? it was a l2p issue all along. You guys need to stop complaining."

Some of the explanations they suggest for "how to deal with them" is like riding a camel through the eye of a needle. To act so nonchalant as if it were an easy thing to do consistently or even possibly at all, is ridiculous lol.

Instead of using greatsword I am using staff for fun, I have zero condi stats and even if I get 25 might stacks my torment hit maybe for 20 damage or even less, I am full zerk gear with might infusion.

Still everyday I receive 10 or more whispers by the guys I kill and they ALL call me "condi trash noob".
    And those guys are gold mithrill platinum rank as well, so it means they play WvW since a lot of time and they cannot even distinguish a kitten power from condi build, they see staff and they think it's condi.

This "experiment" just shows how people is stupidly bad at the game and those are the people who come in the forum to cry and ask for nerfs.

This food is used in WvW by Mirages: Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew, 100% Chance to Gain Might on Dodge, +40% to Endurance Regeneration.
    Energy Sigils that grant +50% endurance are used in WvW by Mirages.
    DATS A LOT OF MIRAGE CLOAK BOI

Yes because fighting something that you cannot hit is a l2p issue.

You forgot to mention adventurer rune for another 50 endurance on heal for the whole package.

The player you referred to: well it's not worth to answer to such bull-kitten because that's a straw man argument he is throwing in. His experiences in meeting some players who could not distinguish between condi and power damage have nothing to do with the question whether mirage is overpowered or not.

edited February 3, 2019

pls delete

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

The only times I've been able to lock down a mirage is when playing a joke build. None other than full venomshare + thieves guild combo. Instant 30-40 poison stacks + all kinds of other... unhappy condi's. If you adamant on sticking to warri then play a self sustain build and try to hold the point.

• whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KrHome.1920 said:

The player you referred to: well it's not worth to answer to such bull-kitten because that's a straw man argument he is throwing in. His experiences in meeting some players who could not distinguish between condi and power damage have nothing to do with the question whether mirage is overpowered or not.

It does.

The people who can't even distinguish a power from condi build are the ones who comes to the forum and cry that mirage is OP because they got killed by it, but if you can't even distinguish a power from a condi build you are a noob who lacks of knowledge.

When I play any other profession and I fight other mirages I know how to deal with them because I know the profession, because I played it.
    If you never played it, you lack of knowledge and that's why you get killed easily, the more noob you are, the more it's easy to get killed by a mirage, simple as that.

Even a warrior seems unkillable when he rotate between double endure pain, shield block, full counter, gs evade, double dodge, poassive stability proc and repeat, but with time knowing the profession you can outplay warriors, same for mirages.

Mirage is overtuned and it's true, same as boonbeast and holosmith, but a good 50% is a l2p issue.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

It does.

**The people who can't even distinguish a power from condi build are the ones who comes to the forum and cry that mirage is OP because they got killed by it, **

This is just not true at all.

90% of feedback vs. Mirage is clearly discussing fine game mechanics, properly worded terms of skills and their effects, with detailed suggestions on how to fix it. That's a strong indication that the people saying Mirage is overpowered, know the game well.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2019

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This food is used in WvW by Mirages: Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew, 100% Chance to Gain Might on Dodge, +40% to Endurance Regeneration.

If Jeice, Burter, and Ginyu from the Ginyu Force had trained as hard as Goku had at that point in his life they would have been able to hit him.

Also a Mirage don't need to move. This is more accurate.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• the proper way of fighting a mirage is not fighting them

edited February 4, 2019
  • Facts and logic is hard. If you can layer and layer your evade over and over, and you have instant cast attacks to back those layered evades, and you have portal/z-axis teleport for when you mess up, then why are people still defending it?

This is just borderline advocating socialism: making the most unskilled player look like he does a lot of work but he doesn't.

P.S I'm still waiting for Mesmer mains to show they are better than Chaith by landing 1200 range grenades on core engi for example. Chances are it's realistically too hard mode for them.

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If Jeice, Burter, and Ginyu from the Ginyu Force had trained as hard as Goku had at that point in his life they would have been able to hit him.

I knew someone would make an analogy with Obito's justsu. Even that justsu is under mirage's capabilities.
    When Obito use that technique, he can t get hit nor hit someone else either....whilst mirage....

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2019

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I knew someone would make an analogy with Obito's justsu. Even that justsu is under mirage's capabilities.
    When Obito use that technique, he can t get hit nor hit someone else either....whilst mirage....

This is wrong. Obito's Kamui can specifically select exactly which body parts he makes intangible and which parts are in the real world. For example if he puts his stomach into the kamui dimension his hands are still in the real world and can attack you. Hence why when you see the kamui dimension when Kakashi is in it he specifically sees Obito's parts appear in the dimension, but not usually his whole body.

See here he went intangible to avoid a blow towards his stomach. As a result his stomach was vulnerable in the kamui dimension. The rest of him wasn't in danger and thus weren't sent to the kamui dimension and thus theoretically free to attack.

I'd love to post some Lemillion gifs too, but unfortunately the guy ends up fighting naked a lot because his clothes frequently fall off while becoming intangible.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• @Ronnie Hu.1694 said:

Stun -> attack, repeat as needed. yw bro

• Chuck.2864Chuck.2864 Member ✭✭✭

Remember most condi Mirage players out there right now are not really Mesmer players nor are they necessarily good players. They're what we call bandwagon players.

I picked up this tip from a stream - blow all your dodges and defensive CD's at the start of the fight. Just focus on not getting hit by anything. On Rev I basically go in with Staff + Shiro and don't waste energy, I just chain together dodges + riposting shadows + staff 3+ more dodges + staff 5 to basically cover the first 7-8 seconds of the 1v1 with 100% evade\block uptime. You'll be surprised at how often you basically come out of this with no condis on you and the Mirage having blown his entire condi burst - shatters, Axe 3, some ambush skills, pistol skills etc all on CD with nothing to show for it, because so many of them are used to just facerolling the keyboard at the start of the fight without even paying attention to what the enemy does and timing their attacks and still coming out ahead.

The real laugh is that unfortunately, on Rev even avoiding the entire burst is not enough as even the incidental condition pressure from random autos, clones, whatever he has left is too much to deal with. But I can give them more of a fight than I used to be able to do, almost by answering their brainless spam with brainless spam of my own. Obviously I only do this in WvW or whatever, in PvP the truth is most specs should not pick the 1v1 with a cmirage, certainly not Rev.

But you can do something similar with Warrior. Just operate under the assumption most of them aren't very good and will blow most of their CD's instantly because that's what they usually do, so just go in and chain shield block, GS3, full counter, dodges etc. If you come across a real Mesmer player who is good then you're dead meat if you do this but this brainless tactic is surprisingly effective against most of them.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

Ive seen Rampage hurt Mirages a lot lol. All the CC, gap closer and damage. If you can stick on them, you have a good chance.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Shadow Order.7258Shadow Order.7258 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

Realize if there are mirages in your match you're going to have a cancerous time. I enjoy those few matches when we don't have any mirages in the game. Just come in for your pve rewards and get out before you become terminally ill. And if you are looking for something remotely competitive this game is not for you.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.