Astralaria/Frostfang logging skins

So a few patches ago we had gotten to new musical skins that are also legendaries: The Minstrel (focus), and Verdarach (warhorn gen 2 leg), that you had to make in order to get. In the spirit of these two great insturments I had thought what about making logging axe skins of the two legendary axes we have? I think it would be a great way for people that made these weapons to enjoy them all the more.

Don't they have celestial harvesting tools? That poses a serious overlap with a potential Astralaria tool. Still, and interesting idea. Although, without already possessing an infinite tool (no way they'd give one for free with the Legendary) you'd have to blow a lot of Xmutation charges to use it.

@JDub.1530 said:Don't they have celestial harvesting tools? That poses a serious overlap with a potential Astralaria tool. Still, and interesting idea. Although, without already possessing an infinite tool (no way they'd give one for free with the Legendary) you'd have to blow a lot of Xmutation charges to use it.

A skritt gives you an instrument if you made the minstrel before the instrument version was released.

@JDub.1530 said:Don't they have celestial harvesting tools? That poses a serious overlap with a potential Astralaria tool. Still, and interesting idea. Although, without already possessing an infinite tool (no way they'd give one for free with the Legendary) you'd have to blow a lot of Xmutation charges to use it.

Cosmic Logging Tool doesn't look anything like Astralaria.Frost Wasp Logging Tool doesn't look anything like Frostfang either.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

A skritt gives you an instrument if you made the minstrel before the instrument version was released.

I know that, but I don't think ANet would hand out an infinite harvesting tool with a Legendary. That seems a way more valuable perk than an instrument that is specific to that Legendary. Since infinite tools are generic now (but come packaged with a skin), I think they would only offer the Legendary skin to apply to your own tools.

@JDub.1530 said:

I know that, but I don't think ANet would hand out an infinite harvesting tool with a Legendary. That seems a way more valuable perk than an instrument that is specific to that Legendary. Since infinite tools are generic now (but come packaged with a skin), I think they would only offer the Legendary skin to apply to your own tools.

I would be okay with that.

@JDub.1530 said:

I know that, but I don't think ANet would hand out an infinite harvesting tool with a Legendary. ...

But see, they would not need to give out the actual TOOL, just a skin unlock.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Cosmic Logging Tool doesn't look anything like Astralaria.Frost Wasp Logging Tool doesn't look anything like Frostfang either.

You're correct, they don't look the same. However, they are similar thematically - astral and icy respectively.

@"Linebreaker.7904" said:Personally, even if Anet gave a free logging tool out I wouldn't use it or I'd reskin it immediately.

I spent a lot of time and effort making the best battleaxe in the game. I'm not about to sully it by using my "legendary axe" to chop wood.

NOT a free infinite logging tool. Just. The. Skin. Just the skin that's it.

Archived