[PVE] Diviner Core Warrior

TheManowar.2014

Hi guys, what do you think about the viability of a Core Power Warrior with Diviner stat, from a purely PVE point of view? I'll never lose hope for the release of Demolisher in PVE too, but in the meantime I was wondering if it could be a good choice for moving from a classic zerker setup, just to remove some dust from my Warrior build.

I don't think it's good idea ... most boons are easy to get and long lasting for warrior. Diviners helps push shortlived, hard to get boons. Maybe if you wanted to try pushing Resistance on a SB that could be interesting, but a core warrior I would think doesn't need it. Of course, you realize you would get a DPS drop for little gain.

Warrior is the only class that does not have access to boons on command.Having boon duration is pointless on warrior. For PvE it is recommended to use max damage to melt NPCs fast.

Diviner stats are for eles, mesmers, rangers....You know, more power creep added to the game and more boon spam duration.

What boon does warrior give that warrants dropping precision and ferocity for concentration as a main stat?

If it isn't alacrity (20% recharge) with classes that hugely benefit from it or quickness partywide , it probably isn't worth considering. Even fury is iffy. Given guardian quickness uptime it boils down to Mesmer and renegade.

If you're thinking of might from tactics, it's a bad idea because you dropped precision and you could just run strength runes or even the strength sigil.

I use diviner almost exclusively for solo play at this point, but on Spellbreaker axe/dagger dagger/axe. The quickness from dual strike and heightened focus is pretty fun. Normally I just used dual wielding in arms but eh, 100% crit on burst skills is pretty sweet too. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be fun on core power war as well. Generally I always build/trait around high boon duration when playing solo in PvE and I save most of the dmg modifiers in the same slot for group play where I can count on getting those boons from other sources.

@Zagerus.8675 said:I use diviner almost exclusively for solo play at this point, but on Spellbreaker axe/dagger dagger/axe. The quickness from dual strike and heightened focus is pretty fun. Normally I just used dual wielding in arms but eh, 100% crit on burst skills is pretty sweet too. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be fun on core power war as well. Generally I always build/trait around high boon duration when playing solo in PvE and I save most of the dmg modifiers in the same slot for group play where I can count on getting those boons from other sources.

This is actually the main reason to switch to Diviner for me: I have not so much time to do group content, so I thought this could provide a little more boon support during solo play. However, I'll try a full zerker Core build and then I'll decide.

@TheManowar.2014 said:

@Zagerus.8675 said:I use diviner almost exclusively for solo play at this point, but on Spellbreaker axe/dagger dagger/axe. The quickness from dual strike and heightened focus is pretty fun. Normally I just used dual wielding in arms but eh, 100% crit on burst skills is pretty sweet too. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be fun on core power war as well. Generally I always build/trait around high boon duration when playing solo in PvE and I save most of the dmg modifiers in the same slot for group play where I can count on getting those boons from other sources.

This is actually the main reason to switch to Diviner for me: I have not so much time to do group content, so I thought this could provide a little more boon support during solo play. However, I'll try a full zerker Core build and then I'll decide.

I highly doubt those boons will end up 8n more. Dmg than just simply going zerkers

Archived