Warrior bad ?

Undertaker.4368

Depending on what build you play, warrior is just fine in most cases. If you trait in Defense you'll struggle to get kills but be very sustainable to contest side nodes. I think going Strength instead of Defense is probably better but it requires great use of your movement skills for sustain and you really have to land your burst skills to upkeep the tether. Again, no Defy Pain means great movement and kiting is necessary for damage mitigation, so you have very little room for mistakes. Make sure you try your best to evade INTO enemies to proc big damage from Reckless Dodge and capitalize on being able to pressure while dodging, it's a big part of the build's game plan. Also, sword actually got a huge damage buff a while ago in case you missed it, Savage Leap is kind of crazy now.

My only problem with movement skill heavy warrior builds is that they're all buggy af. I can go a whole duel without a single movement skill hitting my target properly sometimes...

Yes warrior is garbo tier this meta. At higher levels its right there with ele. Movement is unreliable, 0 ranged pressure, Your whole damage relies on single easy to avoid big hitters. Couple that with the amount of aegis protection weakness, rediculous movement, range and overall spammy nature of the new elite specs and it becomes unreliable. A great warrior in the hands of the best players is only mediocre. U could just play soulbeast and do more but better. To get reliable big damage in u need to hit shieldbash or bullscharge and guess what. A blind person could dodge those. On another note warrior also sucks in teamfights. The only way for you to ever do anything in teamfights is rampage. If anyone thinks warrior is tanky pls think a little step further. The only reason why a warrior ever sustains alot is rousing resiliance. A good player can play arround it. Ur basically a sitting duck

Lel. This is just wrong. If you're new and reading this, disregard it.

@Bashi.8902 said:Yes warrior is garbo tier this meta. At higher levels its right there with ele. Movement is unreliable, 0 ranged pressure, Your whole damage relies on single easy to avoid big hitters. Couple that with the amount of aegis protection weakness, rediculous movement, range and overall spammy nature of the new elite specs and it becomes unreliable. A great warrior in the hands of the best players is only mediocre. U could just play soulbeast and do more but better. To get reliable big damage in u need to hit shieldbash or bullscharge and guess what. A blind person could dodge those. On another note warrior also sucks in teamfights. The only way for you to ever do anything in teamfights is rampage. If anyone thinks warrior is tanky pls think a little step further. The only reason why a warrior ever sustains alot is rousing resiliance. A good player can play arround it. Ur basically a sitting duck

@Bashi.8902 said:

@"Mbelch.9028" said:Lel. This is just wrong. If you're new and reading this, disregard it.

No its true and literally everyones opinion that has a basic understanding of the game.

Gosh my success on warrior in ranked & in other modes must be divine intervention then.Edit: You apparently have found success too, so I don't know what you're talking about. I'd love to know how you won 159 games without winning any fights and being on par with core ele ;).

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Lel. This is just wrong. If you're new and reading this, disregard it.

No its true and literally everyones opinion that has a basic understanding of the game.

Gosh my success on warrior in ranked & in other modes must be divine intervention then.

Dude im in plat 2 aswell as a warrior main. Were not talking about soloque monkey matches here. It has no place in the meta atm. War doesnt have value in teamfights. There are better sidenoders (Mirage/boonbeast/holo). God forbid its not a roamer/plus oner. Also matchup wise it also loses alot of em. Holo is barely 50/50, guard is guard favour, Chaos mirage is impossible (illusions/duelist is doable), Boonbeast is either a draw or boonbeast favour depending on your build. You dont have the pressure to kill fb nor scourge. It doesnt work.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Lel. This is just wrong. If you're new and reading this, disregard it.

Gosh my success on warrior in ranked & in other modes must be divine intervention then.Edit: You
, so I don't know what you're talking about. I'd love to know how you won 159 games without winning any fights and being on par with core ele ;).

On par with weaver** the bunker spec that is. Not core ele thats just another level of goddamn terrible. I feel bad for f2p ele mains lmao.

@Bashi.8902 said:

Gosh my success on warrior in ranked & in other modes must be divine intervention then.

Dude im in plat 2 aswell as a warrior main. Were not talking about soloque monkey matches here. It has no place in the meta atm. War doesnt have value in teamfights. There are better sidenoders (Mirage/boonbeast/holo). God forbid its not a roamer/plus oner. Also matchup wise it also loses alot of em. Holo is barely 50/50, guard is guard favour, Chaos mirage is impossible (illusions/duelist is doable), Boonbeast is either a draw or boonbeast favour depending on your build. You dont have the pressure to kill fb nor scourge. It doesnt work.

That hasn't been my experience. I don't lose to holos, guardians, power mesmers, boonbeasts. I do struggle a bit against the cancer mirage build, but I'm hoping they nerf it. I also struggle against corruption necro. That's about it, man.

I play multiple classes, but that's been my experience in ranked on warrior. YEMV, as they say.

I also feel bad for F2P eles :(.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

That hasn't been my experience. I don't lose to holos, guardians, power mesmers, boonbeasts. I do struggle a bit against the cancer mirage build, but I'm hoping they nerf it. I also struggle against corruption necro. That's about it, man.

I play multiple classes, but that's been my experience in ranked on warrior. YEMV, as they say.

I also feel bad for F2P eles :(.

In a perfect world where everyone is the same skill level as you you would lose those matchups tho. They have advantages against warriors. Guards in particular with blinds/aegis/blocks and basically forcing you to swap weapons constantly to cleanse burn. That shit ticks like a truck. Against Power mes you should win anyway. As i said holo is 50/50. Boonbeast is also doable depending on your build. On a defense build you have no chance. On strength you actually have the pressure to keep a node maybe but youll never kill it sadly.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Gosh my success on warrior in ranked & in other modes must be divine intervention then.Edit: You
, so I don't know what you're talking about. I'd love to know how you won 159 games without winning any fights and being on par with core ele ;).

it takes no skill to get to plat 2 tho, because of the number of player base this game hasif i reach plat 2 playing naked thief, will it make your argument nonsense?

but on topic, that's warrior's problem since 2012, so...there's no point in discussing that (like water field, aoe stealth, insta gap closer, aoe knock back stuff like that right?) they didn't give a crap when gw2 pvp is at it's prime, they wont give a crap now, its just casual pvp.only positive i see after years of not playing, is shake it off replacing main stunbreak, so you get that nice 6 condi aoe cleanse which is already 1000% more team utility then old warriors

@Lighter.5631 said:

it takes no skill to get to plat 2 tho, because of the number of player base this game hasif i reach plat 2 playing naked thief, will it make your argument nonsense?

but on topic, that's warrior's problem since 2012, so...there's no point in discussing that (like water field, aoe stealth, insta gap closer, aoe knock back stuff like that right?) they didn't give a kitten when gw2 pvp is at it's prime, they wont give a kitten now, its just casual pvp.only positive i see after years of not playing, is shake it off replacing main stunbreak, so you get that nice 6 condi aoe cleanse which is already 1000% more team utility then old warriors

Yes, if it takes "no skill" to get to plat 2, and keep the rating till the end of the season, please do it. Record your progress on literally any class other than condi mirage, and please report back.

My "argument" isn't nonsense in the slightest. The question is: "Is warrior bad?" The answer is: "No."

Nothing nonsensical about it mate. If anything is nonsensical, it's your chattering about playing naked and getting anything but stomped.

They might be in a decent spot if talentless entitled Mesmer mains would stop defending their classes so we can FINALLY nerf to balance. This game might be in a decent spot if ANET would just swallow their pride and say "Attacking while evading" is bad designed and needs a rework.

But yeah, out of all the classes, Warrior is the easiest to dodge count and bait stun breaks. Because they CANNOT just spam evades or "time" instacast attacks/defenses while attacking like Rangers/Mesmers/Guardians. Warrior was ALWAYS an honest class, because for example nowadays? Stow weapon/unblockable counters Spellbreaker full counter in a 1v1 situation AND they get AoE'd just as hard as they cleave in team fights once FC is down. Let alone other Warrior builds, where you're basically just counting their dodges and then you can kill them after they dodge 2-3 times with the available bursts in the game. You could even just run in a straight line and avoid everything Warrior has because their stuns and attacks have low range AND/OR high casting times, or it clunky in a different way. If you are having trouble with a Warrior, you're just a bad player. That's it.

They have great cleave, they can REALLY threaten the other team if the Warrior is good at downing in the first place because you're not getting up vs. a good Warrior. But there are so many cancers and evade spam in the game that make high casting times realistically hard, there is no point in playing an honest class like Warrior. It's just too much work when you can play a different class and roll your face on the keyboard. Ranger/Guardian/Mesmer ALL easier than Warrior because instant casts that allow them to defend while attacking MORE CONSTANTLY and effectively, and AI/illusions, it should be common sense at this point.

I want to believe I have high hopes once ANET gets their crap together that Warrior CAN be in a decent place like back in 2015 pre-HoT, where it's not too op but not too weak either. But from what it looks like, ANET only cares about the money (make something disgustingly OP like Mirage so people will buy expansions) or has a hard time swallowing their pride (Teenager mentality).

And yes OKAY, just because Elementalist is in a bad spot, that doesn't mean Warrior CAN'T be in a bad spot as well.

Warrior dies way too fast because just like about every other profession in the game, it's all about the burst now. Getting in as much damage as quick as possible and stacking modifiers. If Defense weren't a dead traitline, and if Spellbreaker actually functioned like a Boon/Condi-hate class then maybe we'd survive longer and have more utility at the expense of damage.

When it comes to being all bursty, a lot of the other professions do the same or even more damage while having double or triple the survivability warrior has.

Once they nerf condi mirage (just a little, or change a little more) and get rid of the soulbeast abomination, warrior will be in a good spot.

Once Rampage is nerfed too - what an annoying skill -, it might need small buffs indeed. But I would rather see more skills scale higher with stats to enable warrior mender bunkers or demo +1 roles. But I doubt they will do that. So it will remain the standard sidenoder.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Getting top 100 isn't really playing at the highest tier. At the top of the leaderboard and in competitive ATs Warrior is pretty worthless.

Archived