[POLL] Would you change your character's race?

Aoi.8570

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably wouldn't but I am a bit surprised that they haven't added a Gem shop item which enabled this. Probably some issues with backstory/personal story lines etc that stops them from doing it, otherwise I'm pretty sure we'd seen a highly priced Gem option by now!

Yes, I immediately would use a race change if one were finally added (even if it reset personal story progress as a result).

I have 5 female human characters that I haven't played since they changed their running animation to the current wobbling brick some years ago. They've all been mules for years now and only serve as storage (mainly bags full of hundreds of stacks of exotic luck essence that I cannot use for anything yet) and for birthday gifts.

A race change would allow me to be able to use those character slots for actual playing again, as well as lead to my purchasing name change contracts, makeover kits and re-gearing and outfitting a couple of them.

I wouldn't use it. I spend a lot of time planning my characters, I have a hard time finding uses for makeover kits I get free because changing my characters faces looks weird to me. I did use one on my charr because none of the default faces were quite right, but most of them I just use to give new hairstyles to alts.

So to change their race...I'd have to want to delete a character at the same time I want to make a new one AND want to skip levelling the new one. I can't see that happening.

But I wouldn't be opposed to other people having that option.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@Aoi.8570 said:If there was such possibility, would you change your character's race, for example from human to asura?

No. All the non-human races look ridiculous.

Actually all of my characters are humans and that's why I'd like to change them - because they're boring. In Guild Wars everyone wanted to have another playable race, and now when we have them in Guild Wars 2 most people keep playing human race.

Although I have to say... most skins are made especially for humans, they look like trash on other races.

I have enough character slots to have made at least one of each race & gender for each. Almost at the point of enough for one of each profession too. I've always said, if you take into account a total makeover kit & name change contract (if you need to switch the name for lore reasons and not give an Asura a Charr name for example) the cost would probably be cheaper to get a character expansion slot rather than a race change kit if ever it were in the gem store.

Archived