Shrine Guardian Outfit ( head piece Suggestion) - To become armour skin — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Shrine Guardian Outfit ( head piece Suggestion) - To become armour skin

Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭
edited February 1, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Please could we have the ears of the Shrine Guardian outfit to also be an armour skin?
( love the ability to make my character look the way i want it to with the armour parts rather than be locked down to a 1 unit outfit )
I have no interest in outfits, but those ears are just perfect!

I would love it if you could forward this on to the design team to see if it is possible to add it into the game as an armour part skin as well. Even if you have to get the outfit to unlock the head armour part. I'm sold.. However I wont get it if its just an outfit alone with no unlockable head armour skin. ( If a dev could confirm that this is going to happen, I'd happily buy the outfit today knowing that soon the ears will come.)

Please could we make this happen, love the ears!

An Example of what it could be:

We got cat ears, We got Bunny ears.... its time for the wolf to come too!

PLEASE NOTE - I can not change the No vote title - Please treat it as a generic no rather than what i had originally put it as.

Shrine Guardian Outfit ( head piece Suggestion) - To become armour skin 85 votes

Yes - Please make this into a skin as well.
72%
mikansei.5742starhunter.6015Danikat.8537Khailyn.6248Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864Worlds.7530Tachenon.5270Skyrum.5483Haleydawn.3764Kiva.9012Hot Boy.7138Shikigami.4013Tekoneiric.6817Palador.2170Basaltface.2786Tunderbrew.9531Udolpho.1209sorudo.9054hugo.4705UncleSwag.7930 62 votes
No - I have no taste in custom design.
7%
Asztarte.2957Dragana.1497Raknar.4735Weindrasi.3805Kumouta.4985Nath Forge Tempete.1645 6 votes
Not bothered either way
20%
Pifil.5193Ceburek.8950Randulf.7614Witch of Doom.5739Ben K.6238ProtoGunner.4953supa suop.8026Dreamy Lu.3865jwaz.1908Microundeas.4530Caro.2730Mackowidz.4629Dezember.1295Tzarakiel.7490Warkind.6745Dragon Priestess.9760Hoover.6394 17 votes

Comments

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

Absolutely! They're so pretty, and replacing charr horns would be cool for an ear armor skin :D

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭

That does look really cool.

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I really really really hope they make it as a standalone option because I would love to put these ears on any outfit.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Akkebi | Akkebyyon | Alister Kebi | Akkebi Revi | Occultist Lulu | Shadow Stalker Lulu| Bonebreaker Lulu | Glittermancer | The Mewcifer
    Max Masteries | 15.5k AP

• Yes - Please make this into a skin as well.

I think this is really great idea and gives us something that was missing for a long time.

Yes, and no reason not too, Braham's outfit also has the shoulders sold separate via Gem store.

• I'm all for new skins (not this one though) but the no part of the poll can be read as if to mean if you vote no you have no taste.

• @Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:
    Nice Poll there ... so if we're not agreeing - then we have no taste LUL...

I like the shrine outfit and the paint on the face ! I don't like the ears .

I thought the same thing, Didn't vote because of that. It feels very snow flaky. "my way or the highway"

In total honesty I didnt even think of that when i made this pole, as you can tell I want this to happen. I would change it to generic yes and no tick boxes, however I cant edit the poll im afraid. So welp, it is what it is for now.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:
    Nice Poll there ... so if we're not agreeing - then we have no taste LUL...

I like the shrine outfit and the paint on the face ! I don't like the ears .

I thought the same thing, Didn't vote because of that. It feels very snow flaky. "my way or the highway"

Voting no just because the poll is bad

@Linebreaker.7904 said:
    I'm all for new skins (not this one though) but the no part of the poll can be read as if to mean if you vote no you have no taste.

Aye I understand how that came across, as you can tell I feel strongly for this to happen, which did influence the way i had written the poll. All future polls I create will be generic Yes, No and undecided. I unfortunatly can not edit the poll or post.

So apologies that this poll has come across with a prejudice.

• Udolpho.1209Udolpho.1209 Member ✭✭✭

I voted yes because they should do this with every outfit.
    ie. being able to toggle headgear while wearing an outfit: no head gear, armor helm, outfit headpiece. So armor helms can be worn with outfits, and outfit headpiece with armor gear.
    I'm especially interested in the hexed female headpiece as a skin that could be worn by both genders. But I can see why people like this one too.

@Udolpho.1209 said:
    I voted yes because they should do this with every outfit.
    ie. being able to toggle headgear while wearing an outfit: no head gear, armor helm, outfit headpiece. So armor helms can be worn with outfits, and outfit headpiece with armor gear.
    I'm especially interested in the hexed female headpiece as a skin that could be worn by both genders. But I can see why people like this one too.

I was going to post if this should be a thing that could be done with all outfits, buy the outfit, get the head armour skin. it is the one skin that has the least chance of clipping and will really expand the armour customisation in this game.

Never know, might even sell a few more outfits for the ones that dont like outfits.

• Not bothered either way

we will get armor like that when the game leads us to Cantha!

yes pls! take my wallet anet… srsly.. u could make tons of money if we would get more of those things (im still wanting my foxtail as backarmor skin^^) i already spent a nice sum on this game but i gladly support it in the future too^^ just give me reasons ^-^

• Tolmos.8395Tolmos.8395 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019

I'm so torn.

On one hand: outfits are easily my least favorite part of the game. I love custom armor choices, which allow me to at least differentiate my character slightly from everyone else wearing the outfits. So outfits have absolutely no appeal to me at all, with very rare exception. Skins are where the real amazingness is at.

On the other hand: I bought every skin on the store. This was bad for my wallet. Now that I own all the skins, I have nothing left to buy. This is good for my wallet. My wallet approves of outfits overtaking the store.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

@Hoover.6394 said:

Keep dreaming.

Also, while I voted yes, I would rather you change the poll on No to just say they don't like it. Telling people they have no taste just because they don't agree makes you look like a child.

@Kanok.3027 said:

@Hoover.6394 said:

Keep dreaming.

Also, while I voted yes, I would rather you change the poll on No to just say they don't like it. Telling people they have no taste just because they don't agree makes you look like a child.

I would love to be able to change the poll to be generic but i cant change the poll now that it has been made.

I don't even like this skin, but I think it'd be a moneymaker for ArenaNet to pop it into the gem store. People like hats; that's just how it is.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sure, but do it every other outfits too.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' DONE, Housing DONE, New asuran expansion DONE, Designing a new lounge "current", New GameMode DONE

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭

Yes, but treat it like the dragon horns, where unlocking it gives you three versions.

Ears alone.
    Face markings alone.
    Ears and face markings.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Not bothered either way

@Kanok.3027 said:

@Hoover.6394 said:

Keep dreaming.

I will keep dreaming, thanks

• Weindrasi.3805Weindrasi.3805 Member ✭✭✭

My taste in custom design isn't "anime cat ears". Also, I hate that it removes charr horns and ears--it makes them look stupid. (Yes, I know it's fox ears. Either way, I get the anime girl vibe)

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Palador.2170 said:
    Yes, but treat it like the dragon horns, where unlocking it gives you three versions.

Ears alone.
    Face markings alone.
    Ears and face markings.

This would be perfect.

Mr. Z, open this gate. Mr. Z... Mr. Z, tear down this wall!

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭

what a terrible poll.
    Imo there are more than enough furry anime human females already, and these ears don't actually grant any truly new cosmetic options that you couldn't have gone for with the other ears already. It has a chance to be a little profitable for anet, considering how many people just want to make anime thots in guild wars though.

• what is really missing is the nine tails like the mount that would be interesting

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Legendofzelda.1278 said:
    what is really missing is the nine tails like the mount that would be interesting

I am hoping anet will make tails as back pieces.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Akkebi | Akkebyyon | Alister Kebi | Akkebi Revi | Occultist Lulu | Shadow Stalker Lulu| Bonebreaker Lulu | Glittermancer | The Mewcifer
    Max Masteries | 15.5k AP

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

I suggested before they make all outfits into both outfits and armors of their respective weight. I think this will increase the outfit purchases significantly. Right now I rarely see anyone with an outfit.

@Kumouta.4985 said:
    what a terrible poll.
    Imo there are more than enough furry anime human females already, and these ears don't actually grant any truly new cosmetic options that you couldn't have gone for with the other ears already. It has a chance to be a little profitable for anet, considering how many people just want to make anime thots in guild wars though.

I can not stress enough, I know - which is why i had put a notice at the end of the text wall.

Thank you for voting though.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.