Another No Down-State Event? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Another No Down-State Event?

xZombieTaco.5809xZombieTaco.5809 Member ✭✭✭

Can we get another No-Down-state event? I've never experienced so many roamers in my life and I loved it.

Comments

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

the no down state one was good but the last one was bad

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

No downed state was fun, in favor of it returning.

• Luranni.9470Luranni.9470 Member ✭✭✭

Yes please!

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

+1 here as well. Also wouldn't mind seeing other concept weeks. Example, spiked people are forced to respawn. No-rez week, just revives or respawn.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• YES! WE WANT NO DOWNSTATE!

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

No passives & boons week xd

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't like no downstate, but enough people enjoy it to where I wouldn't be upset if it were rotated in once every couple months. Maybe the first week of a new server link.

• +1 from me too.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

Yes please, I'm tired of having to walk away from my bags because their friends showed up all pew pew happy like I'm covered in chocolate.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Kirin.7306Kirin.7306 Member ✭✭✭

Might as well be "that guy".

NO I don't want!

• Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

Sure why not I enjoy running permatealth deadeye walking alongside the entire enemy zerg and then blasting the driver (usually firebrand) to smithereens as his friends wonder what just happened.

• shortcake.8659shortcake.8659 Member ✭✭✭

I would rather have an only downed state week, where everyone has to just sit around throwing rocks at each other from the floor.

@Turk.5460 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

No boons week would be great

@Ruufio.1496 said:
    Sure why not I enjoy running permatealth deadeye walking alongside the entire enemy zerg and then blasting the driver (usually firebrand) to smithereens as his friends wonder what just happened.

Except that's not what happened at all. DE can't 1shot a Firebrand commander who is most likely in Minstrel stats. The most the DE will be able to do is chunk about half of the commander's hp. Please take your tinfoil hat elsewhere.
    The only thing of this type I saw was groups of soulbeasts targetting commanders with coordinated unblockable rapidfires from 1875+ range

Umm I say this out of first hand experience... a full berserker deadeye running as glass as glass can be can certainly kill a minstrels firebrand who is unprepared with a quickness deaths judgement with three round burst.

edited February 5, 2019

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Except that's not what happened at all. DE can't 1shot a Firebrand commander who is most likely in Minstrel stats. The most the DE will be able to do is chunk about half of the commander's hp. Please take your tinfoil hat elsewhere.
    The only thing of this type I saw was groups of soulbeasts targetting commanders with coordinated unblockable rapidfires from 1875+ range

Umm I say this out of first hand experience... a full berserker deadeye running as glass as glass can be can certainly kill a minstrels firebrand who is unprepared with a quickness deaths judgement with three round burst.

Umm no. You're not saying that out of first hand experience because it doesn't happen. Here's why:
    1. You're not going to hit a Commander in it's Zerg with a non-piercing ranged attack
    2. A 1-Malice DJ from a full Zerk DE will hit a full Minst FB for about 8k.
    3. TRB followup won't hit the target, see 1. On the insanely and almost impossible small chance TRB hits It will only net you about 6k total. The commander has already been healed by this time anyway.

That combo barely kills Marauder-wearing players who have zero toughness. You must not understand the game mechanics if you think the same attack will also "1-hit" a character in Minstrels armor with toughness as it's main stat and vitality as a secondary. Go take your misinformation and fear-mongering elsewhere, please.

I'm not sure why you're arguing so hard against this lol. But you do not need a piercing attack to hit the player at the front of the zerge. Okay okay, maybe it takes a death judgement with three round burst with air sigil proc as well. No, the firebrand will not be healed in this 1s timeframe when everyone around is totally unexpecting it to happen. I've done it for funzies so I'm not sure what the issue is lol.

Alternatively, you can also do malicious backstab.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Umm no. You're not saying that out of first hand experience because it doesn't happen. Here's why:
    1. You're not going to hit a Commander in it's Zerg with a non-piercing ranged attack
    3. TRB followup won't hit the target, see 1. On the insanely and almost impossible small chance TRB hits It will only net you about 6k total. The commander has already been healed by this time anyway.

That combo barely kills Marauder-wearing players who have zero toughness. You must not understand the game mechanics if you think the same attack will also "1-hit" a character in Minstrels armor with toughness as it's main stat and vitality as a secondary. Go take your misinformation and fear-mongering elsewhere, please.

I'm not sure why you're arguing so hard against this lol. I've done it for funzies so I'm not sure what the issue is lol.

You'd have to post a video.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

I'm not sure why you're arguing so hard against this lol. But you do not need a piercing attack to hit the player at the front of the zerge. Okay okay, maybe it takes a death judgement with three round burst with air sigil proc as well. No, the firebrand will not be healed in this 1s timeframe when everyone around is totally unexpecting it to happen. I've done it for funzies so I'm not sure what the issue is lol.

I'm arguing against this because you're wrong, and using a scenario that cannot happen as a poor argument against a WvW event you don't happen to like. If you had a valid argument then there would be no need to disprove you. But your argument is not valid, and I've already disproved it. You fail to see the concept of Power damage vs. Toughness - math doesn't lie, and that's where damage comes from: Math. But also in your fantasy world where impossible damage happens, it also seems that this Commander doesn't have any reaction time and seemingly doesn't know how to use defensive abilities or dodge. Malicious Backstab against this theoretical target would do even less damage and require you to not accidentally hit one of his following zerg members.

If you tell us why you actually don't like the no-downstate event, rather than providing fake scenarios that don't happen, your posts will be taken a little more seriously.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

edited February 5, 2019

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

I'm arguing against this because you're wrong, and using a scenario that cannot happen as a poor argument against a WvW event you don't happen to like. If you had a valid argument then there would be no need to disprove you. But your argument is not valid, and I've already disproved it. You fail to see the concept of Power damage vs. Toughness - math doesn't lie, and that's where damage comes from: Math. But also in your fantasy world where impossible damage happens, it also seems that this Commander doesn't have any reaction time and seemingly doesn't know how to use defensive abilities or dodge. Malicious Backstab against this theoretical target would do even less damage and require you to not accidentally hit one of his following zerg members.

If you tell us why you actually don't like the no-downstate event, rather than providing fake scenarios that don't happen, your posts will be taken a little more seriously.

Okay. Another example of insta-gibbing is chronomanncer 1 shot cheese from stealth. No, you won't live through a proper burst from that either.

Btw no, 3k armor does not save you from nearly 4k power with about 270% ferocity before damage modifiers lol.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Okay. Another example of insta-gibbing is chronomanncer 1 shot cheese from stealth. No, you won't live through a proper burst from that either.

Btw no, 3k armor does not save you from nearly 4k power with about 270% ferocity before damage modifiers lol.

Do you think most commanders are only running 3k armor?

@Ruufio.1496 said:

That's even less likely to happen!
    1. Mesmer stealth burst doesn't rip Aegis or Protection
    2. I don't really need a 2, but Mirrored Blade won't hit the Commander more than once.
    3. Even easier to dodge than DE stealth burst.

Stop trying.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

edited February 5, 2019

Since you don't seem to understand how to kill people with no counterplay and why no downed state i bad, I will help you:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQFAUlsMhGnYXTw7Jw/ELtE22hK6ko0CAhoPAfzca2NB-jlBEABEcBAA4BA0mOAm2fU+lo6PbpEMAwBw5nHAO/8zP/8zr5nf+5nf+5nf+5lCgyJYA-w

You are trying to tell me that I can't do what I have already done lol.
    That's like saying a soulbeast can't one shot anyone and never has.

But I'll leave it at that. You can believe it's impossible if you want to.

• Maybe when PoF first came out a DE could 1 shot a commander before the metabuilds for commanders changed. But in current state gameplay it can't happen. Zergs are tighter than they were pre PoF, and commander's typically run full Minstrel or another super tanky stat set

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

I love how this thread has deteriorated to a couple of people arguing about pinsniping. LOL no wonder arenanet doesn't take us seriously

• @Trajan.4953 said:
    I love how this thread has deteriorated to a couple of people arguing about pinsniping. LOL no wonder arenanet doesn't take us seriously

Threads man.. Threads.. lol

edited February 6, 2019

@Ruufio.1496 said:
    Since you don't seem to understand how to kill people with no counterplay and why no downed state i bad, I will help you:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQFAUlsMhGnYXTw7Jw/ELtE22hK6ko0CAhoPAfzca2NB-jlBEABEcBAA4BA0mOAm2fU+lo6PbpEMAwBw5nHAO/8zP/8zr5nf+5nf+5nf+5lCgyJYA-w

You are trying to tell me that I can't do what I have already done lol.
    That's like saying a soulbeast can't one shot anyone and never has.

But I'll leave it at that. You can believe it's impossible if you want to.

I can guarantee that you have not "1 shot" killed a Minstrels FB Commander with either DJ + TRB nor Malicious Backstab. Why? Because math doesn't lie. You are not above mathematics...

Not to mention your "build" shows that you don't know much about DE for incredibly obvious reasons. I don't want to spoil it for you but here's a hint: Binding Shadows.

@Trajan.4953 said:

Could it be possible because sensationalizing and grossly over-stating the abundance of pin-sniping is one of the loudest cries of people who oppose the No-Downstate event? Gee...

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Vasdamas Anklast.1607Vasdamas Anklast.1607 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

That was the best week of my GW2 roaming. Or perhaps best time in GW2 at all, no chance for puny suckers to get insta revived in outnumbered fights.

Not to mention that ya know, some classes have much better downstates than the others.

• Yeah, put me down for the No Thanks option as well.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

The people have spoken, yet Anet does not listen.
    The people don't want down state in WvW.
    We the people hold these truths to be self-evident:

• Down State is a handicap for groups who hold the advantage in numbers
    • There is no game in the universe who gives handicap advantage to those who already have the advantage (for some reason GW2 is the only game in the entire universe that handicaps the advantageous group.)
    • Down state is a second life for noobs.
    • Down state + Bowl of Fire Salsa = never die when your team has the advantage in numbers.
    • Down state punishes good people and rewards noobs.
    • Stomp punishes the attacker by setting him in a 3 second invulnerable position that forces you to waste valuable defensive skills for a stomp that could or could not be.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Krypto.2069Krypto.2069 Member ✭✭✭

Anet,

I wish we could have NO-Downstate week every so often. Perhaps the first week of every odd month or once a quarter, please? :smiley:

Thank you for your consideration! :smile:

Moonlight [THRU]

• @Hitman.5829 said:
    The people have spoken, yet Anet does not listen.
    The people don't want down state in WvW.
    We the people hold these truths to be self-evident:

• Down State is a handicap for groups who hold the advantage in numbers
    • There is no game in the universe who gives handicap advantage to those who already have the advantage (for some reason GW2 is the only game in the entire universe that handicaps the advantageous group.)
    • Down state is a second life for noobs.
    • Down state + Bowl of Fire Salsa = never die when your team has the advantage in numbers.
    • Down state punishes good people and rewards noobs.
    • Stomp punishes the attacker by setting him in a 3 second invulnerable position that forces you to waste valuable defensive skills for a stomp that could or could not be.

Yes, the people have spoken, and a majority has said that they want to KEEP downstate. There are several polls and threads that have said this. These threads keep popping up in hopes that one day enough people will have cried the loudest for the devs to listen and remove Downstate. It's not going to happen. It's a core mechanic that has been built into the game from day one. So enough with this "remove Downstate" permanently. Just be happy that you will get it for a week once in a while and leave it at that.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hitman.5829 said:

Uh... Only like every shooter nowadays has downed state. Because people like it.

Unless you count tiny games such as Fortnite or the entire Battlefield series as mobile games or something.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

Boring event. No. Thanks.

People were/are polarised on Desert map and we got a compromise there, don't see why we can't have the odd no-downed event in a similar spirit :).

• @Luranni.9470 said:
    People were/are polarised on Desert map and we got a compromise there, don't see why we can't have the odd no-downed event in a similar spirit :).

We can. Once in a while the devs will apply it for a week. There is your compromise.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

@Luranni.9470 said:

We can. Once in a while the devs will apply it for a week. There is your compromise.

Works for me! So when's the next one!?? :D

• @Luranni.9470 said:

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

@Luranni.9470 said:

Works for me! So when's the next one!?? :D

"soon" (tm)

• Tiny Doom.4380Tiny Doom.4380 Member ✭✭✭

I was on vacation when the last one happened so I never got to try it. I was agaisnt it in principle because I play a Berserker Staff Ele and staying alive when I shouldn't is just about my favorite part of the whole game. That said, I was surprised by how positively it was received and, while I would be dead set against any permanent change, a week of no-downstate every few months wouldn't be too terrible. I might die more but think of all the extra kills...

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

My power rev that has little access to stability for stomping would be fine with no downstate. I might even bring my DE out of hibernation.

• @Spartacus.3192 said:
    My power rev that has little access to stability for stomping would be fine with no downstate. I MIGHT EVEN BRING MY DE OUT OF HIBERNATION.

And THAT right there is why I detest No Downstate so much. The rampant overuse of Thieves and Mesmers during the event trying to spawn camp absolutely drives me crazy. If powercreep 1 shots were toned down, I might not have so much of an issue. But with the amount of damage both those classes can do from stealth, no thank you!

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:
    My power rev that has little access to stability for stomping would be fine with no downstate. I MIGHT EVEN BRING MY DE OUT OF HIBERNATION.

And THAT right there is why I detest No Downstate so much. The rampant overuse of Thieves and Mesmers during the event trying to spawn camp absolutely drives me crazy. If powercreep 1 shots were toned down, I might not have so much of an issue. But with the amount of damage both those classes can do from stealth, no thank you!

Thats exactly what i was trying to point out. No downstate heavily favors ranged burst classes and classes that have little access to stability. Just pew pew as DE/Soulbeast or port burst as rev and move on. No need to move in for stomp or continue to fire from range to finish the enemy.

Since i play multiple classes i can take advantage of no down state. Do i think its a good thing? No... but if ANET brings it back for a week....sure ill take advantage of it.

• Arekai.5698Arekai.5698 Member ✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

Yes please.
    The no-downstate week was the most fun i had in this game since it got released.

• +1. missed it last time

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.