Another No Down-State Event?

xZombieTaco.5809

@DemonSeed.3528 said:No passives & boons week xd

No boons week would be great

@Ruufio.1496 said:Sure why not I enjoy running permatealth deadeye walking alongside the entire enemy zerg and then blasting the driver (usually firebrand) to smithereens as his friends wonder what just happened.

Except that's not what happened at all. DE can't 1shot a Firebrand commander who is most likely in Minstrel stats. The most the DE will be able to do is chunk about half of the commander's hp. Please take your tinfoil hat elsewhere.The only thing of this type I saw was groups of soulbeasts targetting commanders with coordinated unblockable rapidfires from 1875+ range

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:Sure why not I enjoy running permatealth deadeye walking alongside the entire enemy zerg and then blasting the driver (usually firebrand) to smithereens as his friends wonder what just happened.

Except that's not what happened
at all.
DE can't 1shot a Firebrand commander who is most likely in Minstrel stats. The most the DE will be able to do is chunk about
half
of the commander's hp. Please take your tinfoil hat elsewhere.The only thing of this type I saw was groups of soulbeasts targetting commanders with coordinated unblockable rapidfires from 1875+ range

Umm I say this out of first hand experience... a full berserker deadeye running as glass as glass can be can certainly kill a minstrels firebrand who is unprepared with a quickness deaths judgement with three round burst.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

at all.
DE can't 1shot a Firebrand commander who is most likely in Minstrel stats. The most the DE will be able to do is chunk about
half
of the commander's hp. Please take your tinfoil hat elsewhere.The only thing of this type I saw was groups of soulbeasts targetting commanders with coordinated unblockable rapidfires from 1875+ range

Umm I say this out of first hand experience... a full berserker deadeye running as glass as glass can be can certainly kill a minstrels firebrand who is unprepared with a quickness deaths judgement with three round burst.

Umm no. You're not saying that out of first hand experience because it doesn't happen. Here's why:

1. You're not going to hit a Commander in it's Zerg with a non-piercing ranged attack
  2. A 1-Malice DJ from a full Zerk DE will hit a full Minst FB for about 8k.
  3. TRB followup won't hit the target, see 1. On the insanely and almost impossible small chance TRB hits It will only net you about 6k total. The commander has already been healed by this time anyway.

That combo barely kills Marauder-wearing players who have zero toughness. You must not understand the game mechanics if you think the same attack will also "1-hit" a character in Minstrels armor with toughness as it's main stat and vitality as a secondary. Go take your misinformation and fear-mongering elsewhere, please.

@Turk.5460 said:

at all.
half

Umm no. You're not saying that out of first hand experience because it doesn't happen. Here's why:
  1. You're not going to hit a Commander in it's Zerg with a non-piercing ranged attack
  3. TRB followup won't hit the target, see 1. On the
    insanely and almost impossible small chance TRB hits
    It will only net you about 6k total. The commander has already been healed by this time anyway.

That combo
barely
kills Marauder-wearing players who have
zero toughness.
You must not understand the game mechanics if you think the same attack will also "1-hit" a character in Minstrels armor with toughness as it's main stat and vitality as a secondary. Go take your misinformation and fear-mongering elsewhere, please.

I'm not sure why you're arguing so hard against this lol. But you do not need a piercing attack to hit the player at the front of the zerge. Okay okay, maybe it takes a death judgement with three round burst with air sigil proc as well. No, the firebrand will not be healed in this 1s timeframe when everyone around is totally unexpecting it to happen. I've done it for funzies so I'm not sure what the issue is lol.

Alternatively, you can also do malicious backstab.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

at all.
half

It will only net you about 6k total. The commander has already been healed by this time anyway.

That combo
barely
zero toughness.
You must not understand the game mechanics if you think the same attack will also "1-hit" a character in Minstrels armor with toughness as it's main stat and vitality as a secondary. Go take your misinformation and fear-mongering elsewhere, please.

I'm not sure why you're arguing so hard against this lol. I've done it for funzies so I'm not sure what the issue is lol.

You'd have to post a video.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

at all.
half

That combo
barely
zero toughness.

I'm not sure why you're arguing so hard against this lol. But you do not need a piercing attack to hit the player at the front of the zerge. Okay okay, maybe it takes a death judgement with three round burst with air sigil proc as well. No, the firebrand will not be healed in this 1s timeframe when everyone around is totally unexpecting it to happen. I've done it for funzies so I'm not sure what the issue is lol.

I'm arguing against this because you're wrong, and using a scenario that cannot happen as a poor argument against a WvW event you don't happen to like. If you had a valid argument then there would be no need to disprove you. But your argument is not valid, and I've already disproved it. You fail to see the concept of Power damage vs. Toughness - math doesn't lie, and that's where damage comes from: Math. But also in your fantasy world where impossible damage happens, it also seems that this Commander doesn't have any reaction time and seemingly doesn't know how to use defensive abilities or dodge. Malicious Backstab against this theoretical target would do even less damage and require you to not accidentally hit one of his following zerg members.

If you tell us why you actually don't like the no-downstate event, rather than providing fake scenarios that don't happen, your posts will be taken a little more seriously.

@Turk.5460 said:

at all.
half

That combo
barely
zero toughness.

I'm arguing against this because you're wrong, and using a scenario that
cannot happen
as a poor argument against a WvW event you don't happen to like. If you had a valid argument then there would be no need to disprove you. But your argument is
not
valid, and I've
already
disproved it. You fail to see the concept of Power damage vs. Toughness - math doesn't lie, and that's where damage comes from: Math. But also in your fantasy world where impossible damage happens, it also seems that this Commander doesn't have any reaction time and seemingly doesn't know how to use defensive abilities or dodge. Malicious Backstab against this theoretical target would do
even less damage and require you to not accidentally hit one of his following zerg members.

If you tell us why you actually don't like the no-downstate event, rather than providing fake scenarios that don't happen, your posts will be taken a little more seriously.

Okay. Another example of insta-gibbing is chronomanncer 1 shot cheese from stealth. No, you won't live through a proper burst from that either.

Btw no, 3k armor does not save you from nearly 4k power with about 270% ferocity before damage modifiers lol.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

at all.
half

That combo
barely
zero toughness.

I'm arguing against this because you're wrong, and using a scenario that
cannot happen
as a poor argument against a WvW event you don't happen to like. If you had a valid argument then there would be no need to disprove you. But your argument is
not
valid, and I've
already
disproved it. You fail to see the concept of Power damage vs. Toughness - math doesn't lie, and that's where damage comes from: Math. But also in your fantasy world where impossible damage happens, it also seems that this Commander doesn't have any reaction time and seemingly doesn't know how to use defensive abilities or dodge. Malicious Backstab against this theoretical target would do
even less damage and require you to not accidentally hit one of his following zerg members.

Okay. Another example of insta-gibbing is chronomanncer 1 shot cheese from stealth. No, you won't live through a proper burst from that either.

Btw no, 3k armor does not save you from nearly 4k power with about 270% ferocity before damage modifiers lol.

Do you think most commanders are only running 3k armor?

@Ruufio.1496 said:Okay. Another example of insta-gibbing is chronomanncer 1 shot cheese from stealth. No, you won't live through a proper burst from that either.

That's even less likely to happen!

1. Mesmer stealth burst doesn't rip Aegis or Protection
  2. I don't really need a 2, but Mirrored Blade won't hit the Commander more than once.
  3. Even easier to dodge than DE stealth burst.

Stop trying.

Since you don't seem to understand how to kill people with no counterplay and why no downed state i bad, I will help you:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQFAUlsMhGnYXTw7Jw/ELtE22hK6ko0CAhoPAfzca2NB-jlBEABEcBAA4BA0mOAm2fU+lo6PbpEMAwBw5nHAO/8zP/8zr5nf+5nf+5nf+5lCgyJYA-w

You are trying to tell me that I can't do what I have already done lol.That's like saying a soulbeast can't one shot anyone and never has.

But I'll leave it at that. You can believe it's impossible if you want to.

Archived