How do you spot a bot? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How do you spot a bot?

Omnicron.2467Omnicron.2467 Member ✭✭✭

I have been seeing a lot of threads on people botting and farming pvp with accounts, just wondering how you spot them? I often have pvp matches where I feel I am playing with bots because there is no communication at all, even at the start you ask about close and there is no reply an you have 2 people going close and you just facepalm. But that could just be bad playing. So how can I tell if there is no player there?

Comments

• Cicada.6298Cicada.6298 Member ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019

usually they'll pursue you until one of you dies -- if you're on point and leave and they continue to pursue to the point where you can kite them all around the map, it's probably a bot, or someone that's so bloodthirsty that they forget how the game works :p

Last night, I was in a match that we were losing really badly, to the point where everyone on the team just sat in spawn to make it go faster because the other team started camping our spawn; the bot on the team kept running out of spawn and dying endlessly by right into a full opposing team standing right outside spawn

• Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019

@Omnicron.2467 said:
    I have been seeing a lot of threads on people botting and farming pvp with accounts, just wondering how you spot them? I often have pvp matches where I feel I am playing with bots because there is no communication at all, even at the start you ask about close and there is no reply an you have 2 people going close and you just facepalm. But that could just be bad playing. So how can I tell if there is no player there?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64190/name-account-bots-here/p1?new=1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64390/bots-do-3000-matches-per-season-with-total-impunity#latest
    (some videos of just farming rewards bots - but I haven't seen one of them this season)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66767/another-season-same-bot#latest
    (video of a real human playing account bot - seems to be immune to bans)

ATM I have spotted 3 real human players botters. A mirage (in the video) and 2 necros.
    One of the necro use even speed hack and we can clearly see him moving with small tp.

Those automated bots are silver and gold ranks, not highter. In higher ranks, some players should use speed hack but be more cautious, like using it when in stealth only.

The farming bots seems to have been erased but the real human accounts are still here. So I suppose they are worth a lot of real money for Anet.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

where to get bots and hacks?
    Spose there's no harm in making a free to play account to farm PvP, obviously it's good for the games health if Anet still hasn't acknowledged it as a bad thing.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• I think they're a little less sophisticated, less common, and way more obvious than people would have you believe. The only bots(or wintrader perhaps) that i've ever seen have been recently, but they will autorun into a corner of the map and endlessly spam their heal skill or the like. Obvious bot behavior. I've never seen one actively pursue enemy players or even react to being attacked.

The lack of communication I think is a common theme throughout ranked in general, and it's just as likely they're intentionally throwing rather than being bad outright or botting; which, don't get me wrong, shouldn't be a thing either.

Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

• I would like to see actual players of gw2 who have reached a certain criteria in the game - Only to be able to play pvp-

• Whoopie Doop Sarah.3245 is also a bot.

• I have a very likely suspect on the NA server. Got stuck with them in a couple of matches and something just didn't smell right. So I added as friend so I could track on the ratings. Racked up >300 matches in the first week of season.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:
    where to get bots and hacks?
    Spose there's no harm in making a free to play account to farm PvP, obviously it's good for the games health if Anet still hasn't acknowledged it as a bad thing.

They have in the rules every player agreed to when playing the game. A free to play account won't matter as they'll ban that one along with your others.

• The most well known bot on EU has around 1100 matches now.

Also, this guy has 30k ap on his account.. just ridiculous he is getting away with that for a year

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.