boon steal roaming (but not really) build

felincyriac.5981

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRBHhhu1JRvQxNY1Ng5NAbvYpbw0DqD1mKVHYEUomyYDgAAA-jVyHQBf7JAELlQEUZgGVC2O1f6m+BAcSAUx+DAUpTAgDALv8yLv8yV5lXe5lXe5lXe5A-w

anyone tried a similar build? I had tried a similar build, but with no boon duration, so I though this would be an improvement, but the problem I see is the lack of CC (taking camps will prob be a pain in the... thnks to no real cleave), condi clear is pretty shite too, are the duplicate runes worth it? Since in scourge you only proc it whilst swapping and they are pretty powerful swap effects.

I doubt that this build can kill anyone. The damage is so low that everyone can factank you comfortably.

If you roam in a team and plan to be the punching bag until your team killed everybody, then this build may work.

For scourge roaming I would go for the fear lockdown build since scourge has the best fear access of all the necro specs. Playstyle: corrupt stability and then chain-fear your target to hell.

@"felincyriac.5981" said:How much damage then should I be aiming for?It depends, but in your case 1900 base power and 0 ferocity is way to low to be a threat. Your axe2 channels will be okay (nevertheless far from being really strong or a "must dodge" for your target), but when you swap to dagger your damage output goes down the toilet. Dagger is even underwhelming on marauder gear which deals about 50% (!) more damage than your gear.

In general power scourge is extremely weak on its own. It's an AOE team fighter and therefore should go for max burst. Condi scourge can at least go for trailblazer and be a corrupt bunker. When you invest in defense on power scourge, the spec becomes useless.

Do you have a link to that build?It's basically

• curses, soul reaping, scourge
  • terrifying descent, fear of death, terror
  • F4, staff5, spectral ring + stability corruptions ... all for 2s fears that deal damage
  • the rest is your choice

I'm also trying to theorycraft a "roaming" necromancer build (with friends, not solo because that doesn't work in 2019) I dropped necromancer many years ago around HoT for obvious reasons but with the boon spam it's tempting to try it again. Other options are warrior/thief for boon removal.

Anyhow, this is what I've come up with. You will have boons galore since you steal-corrupt them all, you have 3 stunbreakers which all grant stability, you have 20% incoming heals which applies to yourself as well (dagger 2 becomes about a 6k heal), you have protection and you have magnetic aura for good measure (I used earth runes on engineer for a while and it works miracles. AKA I've had deadeyes literally kill themselves trying to jump me). My question is will you have damage? I feel like you will because of the corrupts and boon steal. Btw you steal stability as well.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRBIhdG1JJNQTvYPNgNNAbvYZZwouBHhcw0MIA8C0Lrr14KA-j1zHQBvTVAhoEqdq0wQlgEUZQ/US0DlCfT/QZVRgQqBUgnAA8OBAA4gA8PlIcY/hAAIADtQL0CN4oH9oH9oHt6coD9oD9oH9o7cnlCY1ZaA-w

:^)

I can post a more simple substantive build when I get home, but boon corruption requires you to burn them hard when they don't have stability or protection and probably have weaknesses from corrupting might.

A mix of mostly marauders with a little soldiers gives you damage. Spike damage sigils like air and blood or fire are the way to go for additional damage. You'll also want spite over blood magic for additional damage and boon removal. A 20% reduction in axe cooldowns is a big deal.

Archived