Suggest Improvements

migcun.5240

Hello Engineers and ANET itself :)

This post is on my personal opinion and experience about this profession / class, doesn't mean it's " the SOLUTION to the class itself, so please do not take anything here personal because all i want is to give some good feedback that i have been collecting over the time.

Please consider that some of this suggestions may only fit for PvE and others for PvP. Numbers are not spoken or consider because i can't present valid results, and as i written before " my personal opinion and experience ", I'm not going to make an overhaul skill situation but only giving some ideas based on specific skills / builds.

Engineer itself is not broken, but is not also competitive. This class itself, being compared to other available classes who can progress further than us, DPS , sustain( thank ), Support ( healing/ buffing) is outrun . Some builds perform better , others just don't fit and other possible solution are out of date, making some traits misplaced on the current Game Status.

By the time, Engineer lost it focus, and the builds that once were fun have been nerfed so much all over the years that lost their identity.

Turrets:

How do you overcharge your turrets?? Sadly, you cant anymore, but i have a suggestion to this, and probably making this viable again!

• each turret have it's effect, and also have their own Tool-belt , why not making this Tool-belt skills the overcharge?Example:

When you place Riffle Turret every time it HITS the target, it gets an overcharged point, let us say at max of 5 stacks.This stacks would be marked above your Tool-Belt skill, every successful shoot on your target you get a +1 , 2 hit +2 etc etc. if you have +5 mark, and your turret is currently up, you would use the Tool-Belt skill, alloying the riffle / you ( as currently is ) to shoot 5 consecutive shoots at your selected target giving more DMG than the regular shoot.

Rocket Turret would have the similar effect, but instead of shooting at your target the Overcharged Stack number would appoint to the number of missiles that it would Bombard the selected area. +2 = 2 bombard missiles ( example ) +5 = 5 bombard missiles

The healing Turret could increase the stack number of Regeneration effect, or even, giving a healing burst, considering the number of successful healing pools that it had actually been given to any player. ( numbers of players inside the turret range do not stack, but only the healing pool numbers that were successful, which means that you need at least 1 friendly target to be hit by the healing pool to have a +1 stack ).

Although, this Tool-Belt can only be used when the current turrets are up, or this can be only an improvement to your current Tool-belt skill . Bringing the Turret build more viable and some small burst DmG / Healing situations, making this class a bit more unpredictable and giving players more decisive situations.

Gyros

" I keep saying in every post about this, that gyros should always stay close to the user ( engineer ) and they should be considered like turrets update, but instead of staying on the ground they move with you. Where you go, they go .

Shredder gyro would literally "shredder" everyone around the Scrapper ( if you move the gyro moves with you and still shredding everything). Like warrior dual axe skill n°5 ( where he spins And slashes everything).

Blaster gyro should be a riffle gyro shooting your selected target instead of charging and boom. "

Gyros should be an extension of engineer itself, supporting your roll on the stage right now, and i see Scrapper as a Combat / Support, field engineer.Unlike turrets, Gyros cannot be Overcharged, but they move with you, ALWAYS being immune to any kind of Interruptions, BUT being able to be destroyed by hostile skills.

Scrapper has really weak Traits, compared to what it used to be in Heart Of Thorns this looks like a bad joke of it's old potencial.

Depending on the Build Purpose, every trait line should direct the player to a simple and effective Build mechanics, forcing the player to chose what he wants to aim for inside of what that build can offer, placing an impact of survival, tank / Direct DMG / Condition DMG / healing , support builds.

SCRAPPER is a Gyro build so let us give it as SIMPLE example:

1 - DMG 1 - DMG 1 - DMG

2 - SUSTAIN / TANK A - Gyro Trait buff ( example ) 2 - SUSTAIN / TANK B - Gyro 2º Trait buff ( example ) 2- SUSTAIN / TANK

3 - HEALING / BUFFS 3 - HEALING / BUFFS 3- HEALING / BUFFS

Every trait must make an impact in what you chose, sacrificing something by piking the other.

Builds should aim (focus) to their own play style, wherever is for " survival, tank / Direct DMG / Condition DMG / healing , support " , allowing players to mix up around 3 builds like we have right now. And the traits should give the player a chance TO EXPLOIT the Class build to it's maximum POTENCIAL and IDENTITY making every skill count and unique to it's game play style, and not making what obviously should be taken because is "overpower" and the other options are just useless or weak.

I know balance is hard, and sometimes is unfair, we all understand that a build has always it's counter part (PvP), but is not good to see a class like this to be ignored for so long. specially scrapper, in PvP and PvE, i know what scrapper can be " fairly good at support on PvP " but what about the others possible selections? why is it not good on face to face players?What i mean is that this class is FORCEFULLY a " go for this build to be able to play with it". This is what players complain so much, this class lacks of versatility.

My opinion may not be the best, but it's an opinion that can be considered to at least a possible fix to some issues as many others on this forum.

Thank you.

Archived