Auto loot/quick loot

Dennis.6952

I completed the Pact Commander advanced logistics trait line and find that some of my characters have the auto loot enabled and other do not. All of my characters have the box checked in the options menu, but some are grayed-out w/ the check mark in the box. Those characters do not have the auto loot working (meaning I get loot bags on the ground rather than in my inventory).

Anyone have a work around for getting this corrected?

Thanks

I seem to recall this situation and an oft kilter bug associated with it. You could check your account settings as Ill Na suggested because that affected me, but I want to say the fix for characters not following account bound settings was something silly like taking the affected characters to LA or a core map.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Healix.5819 said:If you're in WvW, the mastery isn't available there, so looking under the options will show it as not being unlocked.

There is, however, a WvW mastery associated with it, in the provisions line.
Provisions Master: 4 Learn to automatically pick up loot from fallen foes.
That's it. WvW issue - I had been playing a character previously that had most everything maxed in WvW, .so auto pickup was working. Then I switched to another character where that trait line wasn't maxed and I was getting bags dropping rather than auto pickup. Just went in and maxed that line out. I will check ity tonight when I play. That was driving me nuts. Thanks sooooo much.

@Dennis.6952 said:

@Healix.5819 said:If you're in WvW, the mastery isn't available there, so looking under the options will show it as not being unlocked.

There is, however, a WvW mastery associated with it, in the provisions line.
Provisions Master: 4 Learn to automatically pick up loot from fallen foes.
That's it. WvW issue - I had been playing a character previously that had most everything maxed in WvW, .so auto pickup was working. Then I switched to another character where that trait line wasn't maxed and I was getting bags dropping rather than auto pickup. Just went in and maxed that line out. I will check ity tonight when I play. That was driving me nuts. Thanks sooooo much.

If it makes you feel any better, this has happened to me more than once. I stopped keeping track after the second toon died to not having adding gliding mastery (both older toons that hadn't been to WvW previously).

I like to push my luck every now and then by taking lowbes in to get easy dailies like monument, it's exilerating looking all around waiting to be pounced on a level 15 toon :)

Every newly created character imo should have gliding and provisions at the very least (if you have enough deposible points). If you have points to max everything, you can of course do so, but maybe you'll never ever take that guy in to run around? It's a judgement call depending on how many points you have and what purpose new characters will have. I personally prefer these 2 categores for Ruins and portable provisioner Big Spender dailies.

Archived