I'm displeased with access changes due to mounts

Mini.8495

:/...Hello.I am a Tyrian roleplayer that has been on the game for roughly four years. My house is in Garenhoff, and, frankly, my asuran character used to go in the lab behind it with her miniature and relogging. But, now, since the release of PoF, or whenever this was patched, I cannot get in. I would very much appreciate if this was undone, for there is no downside for you if us roleplayers go in, nor does this particular lab break the game in any way for farming or if want to use it for for an advantage as far as I have seen.Thank you.

-Virtue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Many places have been patched with PoF, lots of invisible walls have been added and reworked to prevent people from going to places where they don't belong (according to Anet). Probably due to mounts and their abilities to basically get everywhere now (and get stuck,...).Secret jumping puzzles have been sealed - the cerebro jp in Caledon Forest will be gone forever now.It's a 'negative' side effect - of course it depends on which side you are. If you liked these places, you'll be sad. Anet on the other hand probably sees it as a great overhaul of the game in general.

Agreed. Invisible walls feel like a relic of gaming past. They are incredibly immersion breaking and take you out of the game to remind you that this is a game with many limitations. Sadly, most of these invisible walls have no reason to be there.

A friend and I were running around in HoT and wanted to get to the other side of a hill that was in our way. We couldn't find an easy way around so we swapped to our Springer mounts and decided to go over. We made a couple quick leaps, got on top and then BAM, invisible wall. A painfully obvious one at that considering that there was no physical reasons why we wouldn't be able to go that way. Does it damage the game that we were about to skip around some tedious BS in old content? I certainly don't think so and out of all the enjoyable mount traversal we had in the HoT zones, it should say something that this one invisible wall moment is the only part I really remember.

• Like 1

Some other players already mentioned that they put a giant cage around the Bitterfrost Vantage Point.We used to get up there and glide in every direction we wanted to.

It just happened to me. I got up there, aimed for a direction and suddenly hit the invisible walls. They made the Vantage Point item (from a black lion chest!) completely worthless for everyone only to prevent some players to jump up there with their mounts.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bitterfrost_Vantage_Point

I hit that barrier in Bitterfrost when I tried to glide from that spot. It completely invalidates that Black Lion item.

Two other strange barriers. One that blocks off map completion to a vista in Ashford, unless you can get a Mesmer to portal you, and a barrier to a cave that leads to a small jumping puzzle and a chest in Sparkfly Fen.

Because people wouldnt be happy with mounts being limited to PoF. Just like they werent happy with gliding originally being limited to HoT. People demanded they bring it to the core game, which Anet did. Which began the invisible walls. Now we have mounts, which obviously added to those walls. Perhaps with time they can come up with a way to make some of the walls 'one way' (such as with Vantage Point), allowing users to get out, but not allow users to get in via inappropriate means.

• 1 year later...

@"Eternalonus.5043" said:Hello, i know this is an old thread but i hope you receive my message. A guild mate decided to make getting back in here a challenge so i decided to give it a go. It IS still possible to get to cerebro!! This video was done today 12/7/2018

I just went there out of curiosity, as this was a completely unknown location to me! What is this place? And why is it called "Cerebro"? :o

There are even consoles inside with whom you can interact (to no avail). You can enter the sphere from the entrance/door side, there is a hole in the matrix:

ZjcFCyC.jpg

• Like 1

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Eternalonus.5043" said:Hello, i know this is an old thread but i hope you receive my message. A guild mate decided to make getting back in here a challenge so i decided to give it a go. It IS still possible to get to cerebro!! This video was done today 12/7/2018

I just went there out of curiosity, as this was a completely unknown location to me! What is this place? And why is it called "Cerebro"? :o

Dont let anet see that video! Or theyll fix the way in! D;

As to why its called Cerebro its because it looks like Cerebro from the Xmen comic books/Movies.

Anet: If you are seeing this, please dont fix the way in, or remove the invisible wall blocking the regular/old way in, its a fun non gameplay impacting location thats great for screenshots.

@Tekey.7946 said:Many places have been patched with PoF, lots of invisible walls have been added and reworked to prevent people from going to places where they don't belong (according to Anet). Probably due to mounts and their abilities to basically get everywhere now (and get stuck,...).Secret jumping puzzles have been sealed - the cerebro jp in Caledon Forest will be gone forever now.It's a 'negative' side effect - of course it depends on which side you are. If you liked these places, you'll be sad. Anet on the other hand probably sees it as a great overhaul of the game in general.

Yea, i was sad when i realized i couldn't get into that Caldeon secret unfinished JP anymore :( I think things like this are great in game especially for explorers! Better if they were intentional however and not just unfinished oopsies/ devs forgot about. I'm not really sure why it was sealed off other then limiting void jumping. But it seems void jumping is perfectly fine anyways or nothing much is being done about it let's say. Imo void jumping/ getting beyond the invisible faceplant walls is part of the fun in any game. You get to see how devs create the landscapes based on how the seams come together and you get to explore a bit in no mans land, which is totally fun! It would be better to put uber secret locations in these areas! even make some kind of end game exploration thing out of it! unseal those locations and create something new!

It' be nice it they'd eliminate all walls inside the maps and only have border invisible walls. Even better if those border walls were outside the visible mountain borders so explorers could have some fun rock climbing! Or make these changes with all future maps. ONe place i can think would benifits this off the top of my head is the Windswept Haven Guild hall. Push the invisible border back into the sand dunes. Most people don't venture, but for us Explorers, Decorators, & Architects it would be wonderful. Some potential homes were cut in half/ not useable because those walls are just too close.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Dante.1763 said:

Anet: If you are seeing this, please dont fix the way in, or remove the invisible wall blocking the regular/old way in, its a fun non gameplay impacting location thats great for screenshots.

Haven't seen a thing. I've been basking on a tropical island for the last few months, so I totally missed the entire thread. Since September 2017, apparently. ;) ;) ;)

The bottom line is that if there's a point of access, I believe the devs intended that. What I'm not sure about, though, is the changes to the Bitterfrost Vantage Point. I'm going to assume no one would mind me passing along that observation?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Dante.1763" said:

Haven't seen a thing. I've been basking on a tropical island for the last few months, so I totally missed the entire thread. Since September 2017, apparently. ;) ;) ;)

The bottom line is that if there's a point of access, I believe the devs intended that. What I'm not sure about, though, is the changes to the Bitterfrost Vantage Point. I'm going to assume no one would mind me passing along that observation?

The original point of access had an invisible wall put up when PoF launched! D;

Heres the original "guide" on how to access it. You would jump with the teleporter gun over a vine wall and fall into a hole behind it essentially. When my guild leader first showed me how to get back there it was one of my favorite spots to hang out when i wanted to idle!

The current way to do it(and i probably shouldnt say this but it helps get the wall removed..) involves breaking out of a hole in the map(please dont pass that along so it gets fixed unless the wall gets removed), id honestly rather be able to just fall through the hole behind the vine wall :(

That hidden jumping puzzle that you are calling "cerebro" is very huge, from that "lake" at the south-west of Town of Cathal Waypoint to skritts ruins (Ruins of the Unseen) the REAL entrance to that puzzle is at the left of the vista where three paths meet themselves on the map. The entrance is hidden under the ground. Just a path linking the ruins to the entrance is missing, all the rest is done. What prevent players from doing all the puzzle is only that link and two vines doors within the puzzle tunnels preventing players from passing from a room to another.

Here is the structure: Volcanic tunnel -> Huge room with strange trumpet plants -> Volcanic Tunnel -> mysterious vine tubes with lava inside room -> Volcanic tunnel -> huge Sylvari Tree room with holographic hexagons, containment cell and an interactable control panel -> Volcanic Tunnel -> huge room with bell plants, with one poisonous mushroom -> Volcanic tunnel -> huge Sylvari tree room with no asuran devices -> "Cerebro" room, a ball made of holographic asuran blue hexagons with a platform equipped of an intractable console at the middle. A broken asuran gate, surely leading to the another one at the end of the secret volcanic asuran lab (at the left of Naulshead refuge)

Pretty please, release that jumping puzzle, it seems so cool, i'm sad for the developers who made that puzzle -_- :anguished: a great work has been done here, will not add screens, don't want to spoil that content. :/

@"hugo.4705" said:That hidden jumping puzzle that you are calling "cerebro" is very huge, from that "lake" at the south-west of Town of Cathal Waypoint to skritts ruins (Ruins of the Unseen) the REAL entrance to that puzzle is at the left of the vista where three paths meet themselves on the map. The entrance is hidden under the ground. Just a path linking the ruins to the entrance is missing, all the rest is done. What prevent players from doing all the puzzle is only that link and two vines doors within the puzzle tunnels preventing players from passing from a room to another.

Here is the structure: Volcanic tunnel -> Huge room with strange trumpet plants -> Volcanic Tunnel -> mysterious vine tubes with lava inside room -> Volcanic tunnel -> huge Sylvari Tree room with holographic hexagons, containment cell and an interactable control panel -> Volcanic Tunnel -> huge room with bell plants, with one poisonous mushroom -> Volcanic tunnel -> huge Sylvari tree room with no asuran devices -> "Cerebro" room, a ball made of holographic asuran blue hexagons with a platform equipped of an intractable console at the middle. A broken asuran gate, surely leading to the another one at the end of the secret volcanic asuran lab (at the left of Naulshead refuge)

Pretty please, release that jumping puzzle, it seems so cool, i'm sad for the developers who made that puzzle -_- :anguished: a great work has been done here, will not add screens, don't want to spoil that content. :/

Is this the area you are referring to?

z9iN6uU.jpg

As that was the "old" way to get inside the areas you mentioned, but after POF launched, you cant walk the final steps and fall into the hole thats visible.

nah another one, it end simply as an open tunnel, here are all the things:QRJ2BtI.jpg Entrance, at the front of skritt ruins, very far from where you are. At the right of the waypoint, ruin vista. ^CH0H61y.jpg Interior of tunnels between rooms. ^OpbmMcu.jpg Lava vines tubes room. ^UZA1igU.jpg The mysterious second sylvari tree room with a kind of containment cell and hexagons. ^eB6f7Hk.jpg "Cerebro" ^The map (approximately) based on my observations:XBzDfsz.jpg map of that hidden puzzle. ^

• Like 1

This is pretty amazing. Love learning about things I've never seen before. It took some doing going over and under walls but I managed to get to the part above. I followed the trail to a lava tube connected to the upper vines and it opens up to a closed Nightmare Court vine door. It looks like a room in Twilight Arbor, but I can't say for certain. I would love for them to actually do something with this, but if it's from the start of the game it's probably not going to happen.

@"hugo.4705" said:nah another one, it end simply as an open tunnel, here are all the things:QRJ2BtI.jpg Entrance, at the front of skritt ruins, very far from where you are. At the right of the waypoint, ruin vista. ^CH0H61y.jpg Interior of tunnels between rooms. ^7264cKn.jpg Lava vines tubes room. ^OoPpFNp.jpg The mysterious second sylvari tree room with a kind of containment cell and hexagons. ^eB6f7Hk.jpg "Cerebro" ^The map (approximately) based on my observations:MiKwjD9.jpg map of that hidden puzzle. ^

Ahhh ive explored the whole thing before, somehow missed that entrance though! Curious! But yus! id love to see this get finished and put out to actually be a thing!!

@"Kal Spiro.9745" said:This is pretty amazing. Love learning about things I've never seen before. It took some doing going over and under walls but I managed to get to the part above. I followed the trail to a lava tube connected to the upper vines and it opens up to a closed Nightmare Court vine door. It looks like a room in Twilight Arbor, but I can't say for certain. I would love for them to actually do something with this, but if it's from the start of the game it's probably not going to happen.

It has been there since launch, but hey, who knows maybe a dev who loves jumping puzzles can do it as a "work on it as i can" kinda project! Its really cool and a shame to have it wasted and locked away like it is!

yeah... I'm against letting things unfinished, I do assume that it has been 6 years, but that's something that should be made available NOW, I feel so sad and sorry to the artists/devs who designed that great puzzle and don't receive any recognition for their work. ;'( I mean, the only thing to do is to delete that wall between spekk's lab and cerebro, make the two consoles functionnal and add a chest at the end. I don't mind having 0 enemies :D

But in all cases, I will continue to go outside the map to access that area and chill out here with my asuras, dreaming.

@hugo.4705 said:yeah... I'm against letting things unfinished, I do assume that it has been 6 years, but that something that should be made available NOW, I feel so sad and sorry to the artists/devs who designed that great puzzle and don't receive any recognition for their work. ;'( I mean, the only thing to do is to delete that wall between spekk's lab and cerebro, make the two consoles functionnal and add a chest at the end. I don't mind having 0 enemies :D

Completely agree honestly, theres some actual issues with the floor(holes that go through the map, floors that arent completely solid and your feet fall through) that need to get fixed as well, but(and this is ignorance on how hard placing terrain is in the engine) most of that wouldnt take to long to do. Would also be a nice(not needed) addition to include a small portion of text to the consoles that link Spekks lab and Cerebro to each other. Total ignorance here also, but i cant imagine itd be to hard to throw a few enemies in the puzzle itself(some spiders for instance, or even some skritt), but if it is, 0 enemies is just fine too!

I'm trying to see actually if something is modeled under Aquabase terror 7 within mount maelstrom, pretty hard to find out, the map is very well coded without notable hole in the ground. Ah... I love discovering hidden assets or features.Would like to have more gizmos like "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bitterfrost_Vantage_Point", with several others areas not accessible normally. I discovered many stunning landscapes and viewpoints outside of maps boundaries.

@"hugo.4705" said:I'm trying to see actually if something is modeled under Aquabase terror 7 within mount maelstrom, pretty hard to find out, the map is very well coded without notable hole in the ground. Ah... I love discovering hidden assets or features.Would like to have more gizmos like "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bitterfrost_Vantage_Point", with several others areas not accessible normally. I discovered many stunning landscapes and viewpoints outside of maps boundaries like the summit of Rata Primus. (outside of the story instance).

i had no idea you could get up to the top of Rata Primus, i must now attempt to do this