Is this normal?

Bashi.8902

This cannot be platinum. Either you duoQ with someone in bronze , either you played on very empty hour and were teamed with and against bronze/silver players.

On a side note: it's very hard to carry a game as a warrior with and against lower experienced players, especially when you do face multi mesmers and necros.

If you duo que in ranked with someone much lower than you this happens.

Example: I am plat1 and my brother is silver and we make a party to play together. When I try to que us an error apears that he is too low, when he ques us it works.

The problem is when we win I only get 5-8 points but for a loss I get -18

It is match makers way of getting your ratings equal ASAP

Solution is don't que with people not on the same rank rating as you

@Abazigal.3679 said:This cannot be platinum. Either you duoQ with someone in bronze , either you played on very empty hour and were teamed with and against bronze/silver players.

On a side note: it's very hard to carry a game as a warrior with and against lower experienced players, especially when you do face multi mesmers and necros

What are good specs to carry? If my team is bad, as a reaper for example, I feel like I don‘t have much of an impact... (with bad I mean clearly bad, like no idea of capping points instead zerging in mid all game or not knowing about the effect of certain map mechanics such as treb = kitten)

@Serenity.6304 said:

@Abazigal.3679 said:This cannot be platinum. Either you duoQ with someone in bronze , either you played on very empty hour and were teamed with and against bronze/silver players.

On a side note: it's very hard to carry a game as a warrior with and against lower experienced players, especially when you do face multi mesmers and necros

What are good specs to carry? If my team is bad, as a reaper for example, I feel like I don‘t have much of an impact... (with bad I mean clearly bad, like no idea of capping points instead zerging in mid all game or not knowing about the effect of certain map mechanics such as treb = kitten)

Nothing really. If you have a clueless player on your team feeding and going in 1v3 over and over it's like 4v5.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

Nothing really. If you have a clueless player on your team feeding and going in 1v3 over and over it's like 4v5.

You need to split your opponents across all 3 nodes, this is easiest done by roamers and duelists. This way you can carry maybe 1 bad player but it makes no difference if you have 2 players not carrying their weight. You'll just get clobbered whatever you do.

@Yannir.4132 said:

You need to split your opponents across all 3 nodes, this is easiest done by roamers and duelists. This way you can carry maybe 1 bad player but it makes no difference if you have 2 players not carrying their weight. You'll just get clobbered whatever you do.

Yeah true. But I mean someone who is just woeful and goes in and gets 1 shot over and over is giving free points and you're literally down to 4v5 most of the game.

No matter how much you split their team this guy will be on respawn. Or will be giving points to the opposition.

I'd rather have 4 good players against random opponents than 5 players including a player like this.

That's why you only play PvP at prime time.There just aren't enough players playing PvP and matchmaking is beyond busted to begin with, matching golds with legendary players.

At off times, the game literally just throws the only 10-20 people playing PvP together, and the higher your rank, the more likely you are to lose massive ranking while gaining next to nothing.

I've seen everything from -38 to +3, solo Queue that is.

@Serenity.6304 said:What are good specs to carry? If my team is bad, as a reaper for example, I feel like I don‘t have much of an impact... (with bad I mean clearly bad, like no idea of capping points instead zerging in mid all game or not knowing about the effect of certain map mechanics such as treb = kitten)

Just play Mirage or Soulbeast, everyone else does.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

Isn't that a 4v2 in your favour?.. :o

Archived