What nerfs to rampage do you proposed before it gets "Full countered"?

Vancho.8750

I expect from anet to nerf either the duration and CD to compensate, but it will be the worst possible trade off .OR just damage nerf the "full counter" way...

An idea for rework:

Instead of special weapon skills, you keep your normal weapon skills, but utility skills change instead.You can use each special utility skill only once during Rampage. Those utility skills would be Kick, Dash and Seismic Leap. Each provides Peak Performance buff.

The point of this change would be reducing cc spam original Rampage provided and not crippling warrior for actually using it in any way.Balanced cooldown and duration would be up to anet to figure out. Due to only 3 cc effects on new Rampage (but still retaining vitality/toughness bonuses and damage reduction), it could be something like 60/75 sec CD with 8/10 sec duration.

I know its good only as a sucker punch mechanic while people don't pay attention meaning +1 at max cd should be up by 10 seconds at the worst case 20. I just don't want to be reverted back to being useless or the whole class to be nerfed and be the Rampage the profession like before.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Elites should be that strong IMO.Compared to other meh elites (signet and banner), I'm glad we have a decent one that perfectly fits warrior theme. And since when it's OP when you can still kite the warrior?

I agree, elites should be strong. I am not saying that Rampage is OP, but I noticed people claiming that it is.I didn't notice much issue playing against Rampage myself. Exactly as you said, people can kite it or even shut it down with condi bomb and burst.You know what happens when warrior has something good, so... prepare just in case.All I want is Rampage to have reasonable CD in PvE.

Granted how the balance tend to go, the warrior could be "necroed" for the physical skill in an intent to nerf rampage. Something like:

"We felt that peak performance was more of a shackle to warrior than a boon due to the fact that it make or break physical skills. In order to address this issue, we choose to improve the trait and the physical skills."

• Peak performance: this trait no longer affect physical skills, instead it now inflict 10 stack of vulnerability (6s) whenever you inflict a hard CC.
  • Throw bola: this skill no longer immobilize for 4s, it now knockdown your foe for 1s.
  • Reduced cast time of bull charge from 1 second to 1/2.

Then PvP players see that the warrior is now great at inflicting vulnerability and think it's a PvE buff while PvE players see this as an outragous dps nerf bringing down their potential dps. Some smart people make use of the vulnerability in PvP and we got cry from the PvP community that warrior is now breaking PvP due to a PvE change.

@Hitman.5829 said:Are you kidding? We warriors need more CC now that every class got tons of stability and stun breakers with the PoF and HoT expansions.There are classes that get 10+ stacks of stability with duration of 11+ sec.

No they don't need more CC, especially coupled with the damage they can inflict. Infact rampage should see the damage nerfed, or 1-2 cc removed but keeping the damage. Warrior has enough CC already, and the fact that you bring up 10+ stacks stab to support your claim, which we know there's only one classes that can reliably do that, is an indication of how much that should not exist. No more CC, no more 5+ stacks of stability for noone on any given class. It is time to start nerfing everything in this game, since it's already out of control damage, cc, sustain, boons wise.

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Are you kidding? We warriors need more CC now that every class got tons of stability and stun breakers with the PoF and HoT expansions.There are classes that get 10+ stacks of stability with duration of 11+ sec.

No they don't need more CC, especially coupled with the damage they can inflict. Infact rampage should see the damage nerfed, or 1-2 cc removed but keeping the damage. Warrior has enough CC already, and the fact that you bring up 10+ stacks stab to support your claim, which we know there's only one classes that can reliably do that, is an indication of how much that should not exist. No more CC, no more 5+ stacks of stability for noone on any given class. It is time to start nerfing everything in this game, since it's already out of control damage, cc, sustain, boons wise.

• Sword = 0 CC
  • Great Sword = 0 CC
  • Axe = 0 CC
  • Long bow = 0 CC
  • War horn = 0 CC
  • Rifle = 1 CC (130 melee range constrain)
  • Dagger = 1 CC (only 1 target)
  • Shield = 1 CC (only 1 target)
  • Mace = 2 CC (only 1 target) (3 CC if equip 2 maces)
  • Hammer 3 CC (3 targets average)

The only combination that gives max CC is Mace + Shield and hammer with 6 CC; and the CC are melee restricted. That build makes the warrior the SLOWEST class in GW2 and even the necro can kite the warrior with that build while dealing damage with AoE.

The truth is, warrior CC got heavily rekt by the HoT and PoF expansions. Try playing with that build I gave you and tell me if you manage to stun a mirrage or a thief or a ranger or any class!

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Shadowcat.2680" said:A rampage nerf would affect engi (elixir x) also, so no thank you.

Knowing anet they would probably forget to change the elixier x version of rampage

They're technically the same "spell." Warrior and engi just have different cds/traits affecting that spell. So if Anet altered something about rampage itself, it would affect both professions, just like the way the plasma nerf in sPvP hit both thieves and rangers.

how about instead of taking about nerfs to rampage how about stances in general? rampage use to last for 30 seconds back in the day in wvw and now only lasts 15 seconds but one can still take damage while in the form, stances like endure pain stacked with the trait that gives a second endure pain if traited correctly a warrior can be immune to all power based damage for 10 seconds. And shouldn't there be more penalties for glass cannons in general versus classes with higher Armour stat chosen instead ? or make shouts heal twice more then they do now and make stances a thing of the past and give warrior the wave of support it desires

@prototypedragon.1406 said:how about instead of taking about nerfs to rampage how about stances in general? rampage use to last for 30 seconds back in the day in wvw and now only lasts 15 seconds but one can still take damage while in the form, stances like endure pain stacked with the trait that gives a second endure pain if traited correctly a warrior can be immune to all power based damage for 10 seconds. And shouldn't there be more penalties for glass cannons in general versus classes with higher Armour stat chosen instead ? or make shouts heal twice more then they do now and make stances a thing of the past and give warrior the wave of support it desires

Stances are fine. You already paid a steep price by taking defense (if you want to improve stances).So you are not glassy anymore! Plus, I prefer using stances over shouts because I play charr and shouts feel weird.Warrior already support with banners, even if they are not fun. Rework all banner system as it was already said in other threads.

Archived