How many people quit rev after the 1 second delay on Shackling wave?

RobMonty.3719

Funny how a mesmer (our whole team spoke of this) killed us all so fast, we didnt even hear the spell noises before we were dead, like a super sonic jet flying by, you see it, then the noise happens.

Yet they nerf the only good hit a rev has anymore...

Its so slow everyone seems to dodge it.So I quit playing rev over this last bad nerf...

I wish the person who made rev would come back to the dev team. He knew how to do right.

So many toons have instant or close to it attacks, yet they somehow take revs only hit that works well and wrecked it.

Anyhow, enjoying engi since this latest terrible move.

Pistol daze? seems to be part of this.. instant kill, my engi is 32k hp for sustain and its an instant kill on me, whatever it is, its so wrong..... if a mesmer can do this, then other classes should be able to respond with instant kills as well...

Does anyone test this stuff anymore, or is it all guess work and release?

@RobMonty.3719 said:Pistol daze? seems to be part of this.. instant kill, my engi is 32k hp for sustain and its an instant kill on me, whatever it is, its so wrong..... if a mesmer can do this, then other classes should be able to respond with instant kills as well...

How the hell you have 32k HP on engi?

Which means, ya have to hit them in the back because everyone can see the graphic wind up, here comes a surprise, get ready to dodge and they do, again, unless you hit them in the back, most tend to dodge it so easy.... about a week of this and it was off to another class. Seems that the devs just dont understand enough about this rev class to actually do any good with it. Maybe just an opinion, but wow, heavy armor and its the weakest spec out there as well... Ele, Necro, Mesmer, cloth armor and they can out tank a rev? So dumb.... i cant even think of the right word to express how wrong that is...

Good point on the set up the hits, which for me was basically, it only lands when they are not looking... lol

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@RobMonty.3719 said:Pistol daze? seems to be part of this.. instant kill, my engi is 32k hp for sustain and its an instant kill on me, whatever it is, its so wrong..... if a mesmer can do this, then other classes should be able to respond with instant kills as well...

How the hell you have 32k HP on engi?

Play with the set up... its like 31.8khpHere, i will post my set up for sustain, its the rune of the flock, barbarian amuletWorks great, lower dps though i like the higher hit points.

and before people say, its my build as to why the mesmer instantly kills me... its only a few people who know this trick as well... not all mesmers do this, but it can be done and its just stupid wrong... Everyone on the team was hit like this, not a single sound, dead,. totally dead, instantly, then they mesmer sounds come in after your on the ground... so, its not just my engi build... lol

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:It was extremely overtuned @ 0,5 seconds cast time, so good call on the nerf by Anet.

well if you ever look at top 250 players, there is usually no Rev there unless they are the ones who recently where banned for doing the nasty... lol

If Rev actually worked somewhat right, there would be 10% in the top 250, not even close... maybe .5%...

Anyhow, that was the only good hit a rev had.... so, if you notice, the rev in pvp is always dead and useless now... all specs... trash....

Well, i could say this, like hammer rev... The huge wind up graphic, totally gives away what a rev is about to do. These long tells... if they fixed that... it would be fine... Its more the huge, DODGE NOW graphic tells that are the problem... hilarious... so many other specs do not do this.......

they shouldnt have nerfed the cast time. Revenant has already absurd high cast time skills, wich makes it a really clunky, predictable and easy to interrupt class (no wonder thief and mesmer, the most interrupt like class, counter revenant really hard). I would have nerfed the dmg instead, but maybe not even that, unless they changed some energy consuming skill ratio. Rev have always been to the point that chaining skills is more hard than any other class, so i am okay on any of the nerfs you want on sword 4, only if you make it recover energy for rev if it hits. I'm tired to play revenant only to use autoattack half the time cuz of no energy. The legend swap should be used for adapting to different situations (since we can't edit our utilities slots!), not as the only way to recover energy, wich is the only purpose used for this class mechanic by revenant players.

Actually, in my opinion, the problem isn't in slow animation but i in other things being sped-up. You see, there are lots of skills that need to be casted - take for example a very powerul one - "Chilled to the Bone!" - Everyone who sees the animation dodges.

There should be a risk connected with such impactful skills and players should be able to react to them. What makes these powerul skills feel useless (when their cast time is actually okay) is the huge access to Endurance, Blocks, Stability, Barrier and whatever Mirage has access to.

This is why skills like Shackling Wave or "Chilled to the Bone" feel very unrewarding. Because for putting yourself into high risk you are pretty much guaranteed that yoy won't get the reward.

ANet should just chill out with the pace of skills and damage output because this actually makes people feel clunky when they are not able to deal 12000 damage on one skill. And I'm not calling out anyone because I also fall to this trap fron time to time - Why doesn't my skill load a million damage in 2 sec when other classes can? - ANet has to get rid of this feeling by normalizing things a bit because this is just very unhealthy for the game.

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:Actually, in my opinion, the problem isn't in slow animation but i in other things being sped-up. You see, there are lots of skills that need to be casted - take for example a very powerul one - "Chilled to the Bone!" - Everyone who sees the animation dodges.

There should be a risk connected with such impactful skills and players should be able to react to them. What makes these powerul skills feel useless (when their cast time is actually okay) is the huge access to Endurance, Blocks, Stability, Barrier and whatever Mirage has access to.

This is why skills like Shackling Wave or "Chilled to the Bone" feel very unrewarding. Because for putting yourself into high risk you are pretty much guaranteed that yoy won't get the reward.

ANet should just chill out with the pace of skills and damage output because this actually makes people feel clunky when they are not able to deal 12000 damage on one skill. And I'm not calling out anyone because I also fall to this trap fron time to time - Why doesn't my skill load a million damage in 2 sec when other classes can? - ANet has to get rid of this feeling by normalizing things a bit because this is just very unhealthy for the game.

Your statement is valid for other classes, not for revenant. We have already to face cooldowns+energy managment, plus the fact that revenant is the weakiest to condi classes plus the fact revenant is the squishiest of all classes, and low/inexistent stability access via traits (we have to swap our entire utilities line to get stability, and been forced to play dwarf for at least 9 seconds only to have stability). Revenant absolutely has no need to have others long cast time skills, they have already a tons. Skill 4 sword off hand shouldnt have this long cast time, maybe should reduce dmg, it's range, i don't care, but absolutely not the time cast, it doesnt fit at all in our skill rotations. Doesnt mean i don't agree with what you said, but this doesnt absolutely apply for this specific skill. Think about, even our F2 can be interrupted! Really? Where's the high reward of our F2 wich compensate the fact that can be interrupted? F1-F2-F3-F4 mesmer skills can't be interrupted, they can use them even when stunned lool!

If Shackling Wave actually had a 1 second animation it might be ok. There is almost a full second of windup animation, and then the Shackling Wave attack is animated. The total animation is over 1.3 seconds I believe.

This was indeed a pretty big nerf to all game modes, and FWIW actually removed it from PvE DPS rotations. To make matters worse, it also rarely finishes its damage ticks before someone sidesteps the cone.

First of all, you spoiled brats. Try playing hammer Guardian without on-demand quickness, if I can hit my spells.. So can you.Also "December 11, 2018The casting animation of this skill has been increased from just over 0.5 seconds to a little under 1 second to allow for better counterplay. Added a visual indicator to the skill's warm-up animation."It's not even a second. Its a .3s cast increase, with quickness its .015. Is it noticable? Sure, but it's no-where near as detrimental as you're making it out to be.

Stop.

Well one things for sure, everyone in almost all pvp matches say...... they have a rev, so its a 5v4, just kill him first, LOL and now i say it also and it works. Yet, i almost never see rev at all in pvp now.. So thats a pretty good sign they killed it... Thanks for all the comments peeps...

I agreed that sword #4 nerf make it more dodgeable. But from what I read, you re way too much over extending. How can a class become that bad because of a let's say 1 sec extra cast time?When I read this:

@"Shala.8352" said:I'm tired to play revenant only to use autoattack half the time cuz of no energy.

I say to myself: "this sounds pretty close to what bad thieves say because they can t manage their initiative"

@RobMonty.3719 said:Well one things for sure, everyone in almost all pvp matches say...... they have a rev, so its a 5v4

I don t know what tier you are playing but this is completely wrong in plats ones.

I think the nerf to Shackling Wave was very just. It was so frequent in season 13 just getting jumped by a rev and getting hit with a near-instant unblockable 10-11k damage. For such a heavy-hitter, it needed that tell. I don't think anyone quit over that single change, that would be a huge overreaction especially if you consider you can get close to the old base cast time with Shiro quickness. Rev is still very strong and people still play it.

@RobMonty.3719 said:

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:It was extremely overtuned @ 0,5 seconds cast time, so good call on the nerf by Anet.

well if you ever look at top 250 players, there is usually no Rev there unless they are the ones who recently where banned for doing the nasty... lol

If Rev actually worked somewhat right, there would be 10% in the top 250, not even close... maybe .5%...

Anyhow, that was the only good hit a rev had.... so, if you notice, the rev in pvp is always dead and useless now... all specs... trash....

I mean it's not like thereis currently a rev on rank 2, right...

Archived