A few more color to the commanders

krull.2473

Hi, first, sorry about my english, well, how about add a few more colors to the commanders, but the commander and the ppl whit him need to do a few jobs before like-survive x min whitout die.-kill 50 or 100 enemys, unlocks a specific color-defend or take a keep unlocks another color-others thinks to do.

well, any others idea? good? bad?.bye.

There are already more colors than commanders on a map, so adding additional colors seems like overkill. There are already two icons, so perhaps a few more would be okay.

Personally I wouldn't attach them to achievements (like kill X foes), but make them part of a reward track or as a new WvW mastery. For example, I'd be fine if Diamond rankers had access to a diamond-shaped tag or if there were something like the PvP hero reward tracks to unlock other options. Some WvWarriors would love it, a lot wouldn't.

This is... silly. Why should the commander get other colors for doing menial tasks that anyone without a tag does? Also dont we have enough colors? Or are the borders filled with 10+ to the point we are running out?

I suppose the idea here is to indicate the "type" of the commander, if so this suggestion is still silly because we dont need more colors for that, we need whats been suggested many, many times before - some sort of variation on shape. Personally I am in favor of a two pronged addition so that commander tags looks as follows:

• Choose a color (current selection)
  • Choose a shape (added to give the community a way to further define the type of command, plus its player customization/personalization, there was an excellent fan art on this years ago)
  • Dynamically add up to 2 chevrons beneath the tag depending on group size (1-15 (no chevron), 16-30, 31-50)

Well thats what I think at least and no, each additional shape would not cost 300g, it would all be included in the current tag system.

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:I actually like this idea. Although I imagine it might encourage toxicity. But I would like some kind of accolade for commanding and then have incentive to be a good commander, which includes flipping towers, catching bags and Defending objectives with minimal losses.

A good commander don't need an incentive. They tag up because they want to.

Anyhow I see this idea as bad. You won't be getting any new commanders tagging up and improving if people are fed the mentality of "oh look it is a beginner commander so they will probably suck, thus I will not run with them".

@LaGranse.8652 said:

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:I actually like this idea. Although I imagine it might encourage toxicity. But I would like some kind of accolade for commanding and then have incentive to be a good commander, which includes flipping towers, catching bags and Defending objectives with minimal losses.

A good commander don't need an incentive. They tag up because they want to.

Anyhow I see this idea as bad. You won't be getting any new commanders tagging up and improving if people are fed the mentality of "oh look it is a beginner commander so they will probably suck, thus I will not run with them".

Ya I mean we don’t need an incentive to command. Just like spvp, we don’t need rewards to play and enjoy and be good at spvp. It is just nice if it’s there.

But just like you said, toxicity can become an issue...so I’m on the fence...it would be nice...but at what cost really.

@krull.2473 said:Hi, first, sorry about my english, well, how about add a few more colors to the commanders, but the commander and the ppl whit him need to do a few jobs before like-survive x min whitout die. / Come everybody we stay inside the Castle i need level my dont die archivment-kill 50 or 100 enemys, unlocks a specific color / boring grind-defend or take a keep unlocks another color/ lets stay longer in this keep i need level my comander-others thinks to do.

well, any others idea? good? bad?.bye.

No need to punish those who are brave enough to do the extra work of command

They don't need colors to symbolize achievements, however the tags do need to be bigger because they are hard to see in a crowd. (Maybe put it up with a bar of light going from the commanders head to the tag) Also some of the colors seem to be hard to see for some folk in the squad. It would actually be really cool if commanders could set the color of their tags by the dyes they have opened. It might make it a lot easier for folk to actually see the tag.

Archived