Terrormancer Build for WvW Solo Roaming

EremiteAngel.9765

I've been trying a terrormancer build for WvW solo roaming and was quite pleased with the results.

1. My previous iteration before was Spite + Curses + Blood Magic.Previous Build Here.

Previous Build Playstyle:

• Employs a shroud-flashing playstyle to proc the shroud enter/exit traits.
  • There was also an emphasis on the need to land our limited torment skills as an added sustained pressure on our opponents.

Pros:

• Decent against boon-heavy foes
  • Decent against condi foes

Cons:

• Torment is really limited on a Necro and cannot be corrupted from any boons.
  • Weaker against range kiting foes which require less shroud-flashing and more DPS in shroud which the old build lacks.

2. This new terrormancer build goes with Spite + Curses + Soul Reaping.Latest Terrormancer Build here.

New Build Playstyle:

• There is now a flexibility in the build to pull off both types of playstyles: Shroud-Flashing or Shroud-Camping.

Pros:

• It has allowed me to put more pressure on range kiting foes while staying in shroud through Dhuumfire and Terror.
  • We have also retained the shroud-flashing playstyle for fights against boon-heavy foes.
  • This new build would have been weaker against condi foes without Blood Magic, hence the use of anti-toxin runes which are really there just to fight condi mirages.

Cons:

• The only draw-back in this build would be the loss of Shroud 2 as a boon corrupt skill which can be a game changer against boon heavy builds.

Overall I think this build is an upgrade to my previous build in terms of versatility offered against different foes.

How is the sustain? Unholy martyr is pretty nice for LF and blood bond can be reliably proc'd, but you've chosen spite which isn't bad either, can never have too many corrupts.

I forgot about dhuumfire without the icd for core/reaper, what do you think of balthazar runes? Guess it's too much investment into burn.

@felincyriac.5981 said:How is the sustain? Unholy martyr is pretty nice for LF and blood bond can be reliably proc'd, but you've chosen spite which isn't bad either, can never have too many corrupts.

I forgot about dhuumfire without the icd for core/reaper, what do you think of balthazar runes? Guess it's too much investment into burn.

Mmm I loved unholy matyr and the blood magic trairline in general. I thought I wouldn't be able to play without it but the life force on fear changes allowed me to replenish my LF rather decently. It isn't too hard to land fear on opponents either directly or via corrupts. But so far I feel it requires more skill to do so than simply exiting shroud to trigger UM. There is also a higher chance of a fear getting prevented so it isn't as reliable as UM.

I never really tried a sustain build with the blood bond so I'm not entirely sure. But I've seen others use it to great effect though.

Overall I would say the sustain is lower without BM but able to do higher pressure on a larger variety of foes.

I chose anti toxin to make up for the loss of the UM condi clear because I find it necessary for fights against condi Mirage. I wouldn't use Balthazar runes though as you said the investment is high for a limited application skill.

And tbh I'm still learning how best to alternate between shroud camping and shroud flashing as I've predominantly used the latter for as far as I can remember XD

And I'm not sure if the damage on fear is worth taking as I miss the boon corrupts on shroud 2.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:How is the sustain? Unholy martyr is pretty nice for LF and blood bond can be reliably proc'd, but you've chosen spite which isn't bad either, can never have too many corrupts.

Mmm I loved unholy matyr and the blood magic trairline in general. I thought I wouldn't be able to play without it but the life force on fear changes allowed me to replenish my LF rather decently. It isn't too hard to land fear on opponents either directly or via corrupts. But so far I feel it requires more skill to do so than simply exiting shroud to trigger UM. There is also a higher chance of a fear getting prevented so it isn't as reliable as UM.

I never really tried a sustain build with the blood bond so I'm not entirely sure. But I've seen others use it to great effect though.

Overall I would say the sustain is lower without BM but able to do higher pressure on a larger variety of foes.

I chose anti toxin to make up for the loss of the UM condi clear because I find it necessary for fights against condi Mirage. I wouldn't use Balthazar runes though as you said the investment is high for a limited application skill.

And tbh I'm still learning how best to alternate between shroud camping and shroud flashing as I've predominantly used the latter for as far as I can remember XD

And I'm not sure if the damage on fear is worth taking as I miss the boon corrupts on shroud 2.Yh, it's not bad but with no real sustain I feel more drawn out fights will be difficult. SB for example, how do you do vs them? I feel that they are difficult for a condi build (not impossible, but more tricky). Good thieves will be a pain as well, they will just keep poking till you burn your cd's, and it will be difficult to recoup LF vs them. Rest should be winnable I guess.

Blood bond gives you a ~5k heal every 20 sec, plus additional 600 heal procs for like 5 sec, on power builds you'd need BiP to proc it but here you don't need it.

TBH I though DS auto's were shit, but they seem to have good tracking, I might just troll around a bit with balth runes since I have a trailblazer set doing nothing. Maybe go full troll with the 4s fear from lich 3.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:2. This new terrormancer build goes with Spite + Curses + Soul Reaping.Latest Terrormancer Build here.Why Antitoxin?

Heal, Walk, Signet, Dagger4, Staff4, Plague Sending, Speed of Shadows, Sigil of Cleansing ... Antitoxin on top of that (!) ... how many condi clears do you need? Even for Condi-Mirage that is "a bit" too tryhard.

I'd rather take Adventurer Rune for more damage+endurance or a rune that grants perma 25% movement speed or even Speed Rune as you can achieve perma swiftness with Walk and SoS. Antitoxin's condi duration decrease can even be counter intuitive, because you want to transfer.

@felincyriac.5981 said:

And I'm not sure if the damage on fear is worth taking as I miss the boon corrupts on shroud 2.Yh, it's not bad but with no real sustain I feel more drawn out fights will be difficult. SB for example, how do you do vs them? I feel that they are difficult for a condi build (not impossible, but more tricky). Good thieves will be a pain as well, they will just keep poking till you burn your cd's, and it will be difficult to recoup LF vs them. Rest should be winnable I guess.

Blood bond gives you a ~5k heal every 20 sec, plus additional 600 heal procs for like 5 sec, on power builds you'd need BiP to proc it but here you don't need it.

TBH I though DS auto's were kitten, but they seem to have good tracking, I might just troll around a bit with balth runes since I have a trailblazer set doing nothing. Maybe go full troll with the 4s fear from lich 3.

SB as in soulbeast or spellbreaker?Most Spellbreakers I meet isn't beyond us if we don't trigger their full counters.Soulbeasts...I only have issues with the extreme kiting Longbow type...those mid-range to melee ones...I welcome them with open arms...Thieves...I feel my terrormancer build can pressure them better compared to my old build anyway because more shroud ranged pressure so harder for them to kite...and fear is surprisingly good at refilling LF but we'll have to land them XD

I would agree sustain/condi builds that revolve around blood bond can be very strong. Its definitely something that my build loses out in.I would still prefer the versatility of my build though...which is able to put more pressure on range kiting foes where more spike is needed in the very few moments when we get them in range...which I don't think sustain/condi builds will do as well because these builds just take longer to die but won't be able to place enough pressure on these range kiting foes to stand a chance...

Let us know the results of your balth/trail build with Lich =DThat's a very innovative take and I like it.I never once considered Lich for a condi build but now that I see your post, it actually is a possible option mainly because all our elites aren't very good for roaming lol..Lich fear + the extra HP it gives + the Shroud refill on exit, all pretty sweet even for a condi-build as a stop-gap measure in-between shroud CD moments.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:
2. This new terrormancer build goes with Spite + Curses + Soul Reaping.
Why Antitoxin?

Heal, Walk, Signet, Dagger4, Staff4, Plague Sending, Speed of Shadows, Sigil of Cleansing ...
Antitoxin on top of that (!)
... how many condi clears do you need? Even for Condi-Mirage that is "a bit" too tryhard.

I'd rather take Adventurer Rune for more damage+endurance or a rune that grants perma 25% movement speed or even Speed Rune as you can achieve perma swiftness with Walk and SoS. Antitoxin's condi duration decrease can even be counter intuitive, because you want to transfer.

I'm not sure about others but usually I meet the most condi mirages when roaming...easily 5-6 of them in 2-3 hours of roaming...And I like easy mode against them because I don't really know what to dodge because everything is lost in the clone spam and everything they do spams confusion/torment...So as Zeft says, there's never enough tools to bring against them lol...Also particularly because condi necro can't spike as well as other classes and require a constant low-moderate pressure...which means our fights tend to be longer...and thus need to have more condi clear available against them...I do agree though, that even if we drop anti-toxin from the build...it can still give condi mirages a good fight...

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

TBH I though DS auto's were kitten, but they seem to have good tracking, I might just troll around a bit with balth runes since I have a trailblazer set doing nothing. Maybe go full troll with the 4s fear from lich 3.

SB as in soulbeast or spellbreaker?Most Spellbreakers I meet isn't beyond us if we don't trigger their full counters.Soulbeasts...I only have issues with the extreme kiting Longbow type...those mid-range to melee ones...I welcome them with open arms...Thieves...I feel my terrormancer build can pressure them better compared to my old build anyway because more shroud ranged pressure so harder for them to kite...and fear is surprisingly good at refilling LF but we'll have to land them XD

I would agree sustain/condi builds that revolve around blood bond can be very strong. Its definitely something that my build loses out in.I would still prefer the versatility of my build though...which is able to put more pressure on range kiting foes where more spike is needed in the very few moments when we get them in range...which I don't think sustain/condi builds will do as well because these builds just take longer to die but won't be able to place enough pressure on these range kiting foes to stand a chance...

Let us know the results of your balth/trail build with Lich =DThat's a very innovative take and I like it.I never once considered Lich for a condi build but now that I see your post, it actually is a possible option mainly because all our elites aren't very good for roaming lol..Lich fear + the extra HP it gives + the Shroud refill on exit, all pretty sweet even for a condi-build as a stop-gap measure in-between shroud CD moments.

Yh soulbeasts. Spellbreakers are easy, but after playing for a bit soulbeasts don't seem too bad. Just corrupt at the right time and the shroud auto's can output quite nice pressure.

The problems I've come across, are weaves. way too much condi cleanse and sustain. 1 dude was literally face tanking plaguelands and he was fine. It's just a very slow and eventual defeat, maybe I could force a stalemate if I had taken parastic contageon? IDK

Guardians were also difficult, but I think I played pretty bad vs them.

Bigger problem was warrior, they just have resistance for days, no amount of corrupts helped me on that one and they have a lot of CC too.

Lich form was not as good as I thought, the fear is just too difficult to hit, easily dodged, rest of the skills are mediocre. The 5th skill doesn't heal through shroud.

Against everything else it was pretty nice, balth runes I feel did some work, your shroud autos do about ~2.4k burn each, so I just sat there and blasted autos, 3s fear if they got too close etc.

Archived