Tizlak armor and weapon recipe availability

Hesione.9412

The drop rate for the books has always been horrible compared to other HoT maps. Combined with the need to farm noxious pods in DS, and the annoyance involved in buying machetes (ley line crystals), the prices of the Tizlak recipes are tens of gold on the AH. By way of comparison I'm trashing recipes from VB and AB, because many of them I can't sell for the minimum required cost. For those, the minimum sell price on the TP is around 30 copper. Thus, the Tizlak recipes sell, on the TP, for orders of magnitude more than the recipes from the other maps. The recipes for the light armor set, if you paid the minimum prices, total around 200 gold.

Given that Heart of Thorns was released in October 2015--almost 3.5 years ago--can the ascended recipes for HoT now be added to the armorsmith, weaponsmith, huntsman, artificer, and tailor trainers, just like they sell the Tyria ascended recipes?

Alternatively, could the drop rate on the noxious pods be increased?

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:Why would you craft HoT stats directly anyways? It costs way too many obsidian shards. It's far better to just craft the cheapest set you can and swap stats. Costs 1 or 2 gold more than crafting directly if you already have the recipe, and you save 75 obsidian shards per piece of gear.

Given the cost of the recipes it doesn't even cost you 1 or 2 gold more than crafting directly unless you are planning to craft a commander set on every character

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:Why would you craft HoT stats directly anyways? It costs way too many obsidian shards. It's far better to just craft the cheapest set you can and swap stats. Costs 1 or 2 gold more than crafting directly
if you already have the recipe
, and you save 75 obsidian shards per piece of gear.

Given the cost of the recipes it doesn't even cost you 1 or 2 gold more than crafting directly unless you are planning to craft a commander set on every character

That's what I said. It only costs 1 or 2 gold more if you already have the recipe.

Archived