New Playable Races & Reasoning

It's a simple suggestion, you've already developed them within the world and it would be a fantastic addition to the whole game as a playable race!!!

Tengu RaceThey've been in the game since Guild Wars (classic) a stranous amount of lore and creation went behind this race, their unique essence with in the game would bring life to the world. A diversity amung the playable races, a feathery friend to add into the heros of Kryta. The fact they hold lost knowledge of the Elder Dragons add's edgy nature to the game over the other races who'm are currently in the most part living together. An Isolated, protective, and secured culture with pockets of settlements outside of their territory is by itself interesting. They even have their own religion based on a celestial version of themselves that resides above the sky. The race has gone through wars, upon wars, lost their ability to fly, and now they reside as an estetic to the enviroment. It would be best to give them the feature they deserve as a playable race.m6ajZXj.jpg

Hylek RaceAn expanding race, spreading through Kryta, how could we not add them into the playable character reprituar. They've got unique character structure, they themselves are warriors, scholars, and has lore built from the last 250 years. Creating antidotes and are alchemists. This frog race has a whole religion built around the sun bringing them life. They have worshippers, priests, and high intelligence, they are fully capable of being more then what they have been allowed to be. The tribes themselves are self sustained, ruled through their chieftains, and partake in negotioations. I demand the respect this race deserves, they deserve to be played.6NwHbcI.jpg

Dwarf RaceA classic RPG/MMO race, an entire addition that was placed on the shelf like a book. A heavely destinguished race who were apart of the brotherhood of the dragon. They were transformed into the undying stone. How amazing would it be for a final addition to the living story, that the dwarves would awaken, they would rise again, join the dragons and take over Kryta!!! They regain their advantage over the north and distill the game into a plague of war! Anvil Rock's return the Jalis Ironhammer taking his step back to the world!MDhoHlA.jpg

Additionally, in most of those you'd learn that a new race isn't in the cards in the near or mid term. You'd also learn why they aren't easily implemented into this game.

Massively OP Summarizes Mike Zadorojny's (April 2018) Comments on New Professions, new Races

We also talked a bit about things that are probably not happening. New professions, for example, have probably been sidelined forever in favor of new elite specializations; they allow the team to change the feel of a given profession without actually forcing you to play a new character along the way. New races, too, are a lot of work for limited rewards, and any sort of console development is also not something the team is focused on.

Obviously, none of this is set in stone; he stressed that the quote to take away is not that new races will never be added. It’s just not the current direction.

(Comments made since then have been consistent with the above.)

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Additionally, in most of those you'd learn that a new race isn't in the cards in the near or mid term. You'd also learn why they aren't easily implemented into this game.

We also talked a bit about things that are probably not happening. New professions, for example, have probably been sidelined forever in favor of new elite specializations; they allow the team to change the feel of a given profession without actually forcing you to play a new character along the way. New races, too, are a lot of work for limited rewards, and any sort of console development is also not something the team is focused on.

Obviously, none of this is set in stone; he stressed that the quote to take away is not that new races will never be added. It’s just not the current direction.

(Comments made since then have been consistent with the above.)

That was a helpful article, I had no idea they spoke at PAX East about this. My bad.

@GrimRadke.1620 said:That was a helpful article, I had no idea they spoke at PAX East about this. My bad.

Eh, no one can be expected to read everything ANet has said. And there are some ideas that will keep coming up because folks are passionate about them, because new players have no idea what has been discussed to death, and even some veterans have forgotten or think|hope that maybe things have changed.

I am curious: did you try to look for past discussions with the same topic? If so, how did you go about it?I ask because you aren't the first (and probably won't be the last) to miss a long list of relevant threads. I'm hoping that there's some common denominator that would allow ANet to make it easier for folks to discover such threads before submitting a new post.

Archived