Crystal Desert Futures — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Crystal Desert Futures

Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

I've heard a rumor that due to lack of population, CD will be merged with NSP. Any truth to this?

Comments

• Rumours are just rumours unless they come from a reliable source. I find that idea odd though, since NSP and CD have been matched up against each other twice recently with a different third World, so it'd be kind of awkward to fight alongside your former enemies you slaughtered over and over again, but hey, that's multiplayer games. XD

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pretty soon, in theory the existing servers will cease to be relevant in the context of this gamemode, but that aside I doubt they'll throw resources at merging servers when pairing them is a workable stopgap until they introduce the new system. The celestial pupper that posted above me has the right of it.

~ Kovu

Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

• @Kovu.7560 said:
    The celestial pupper that posted above me has the right of it.

~ Kovu

Yay, another Okami fan! ^^

And yeah, until the Alliance system comes out, pairing Worlds together instead of outright merging them is a pretty good substitute.

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭

@Ni In.6578 said:
    I've heard a rumor that due to lack of population, CD will be merged with NSP. Any truth to this?

They could merge HoD with us instead and no one would know anything changed in their lives.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

I foresee CD becoming a link again. I’m also guessing this thread will be closed ;)

• @kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

They could merge HoD with us instead and no one would know anything changed in their lives.

HoD used to have good SEA coverage with TIME and some STRM guilds, i wonder if they left cos their SEA is pretty dead.

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

HoD used to have good SEA coverage with TIME and some STRM guilds, i wonder if they left cos their SEA is pretty dead.

I mean that they're basically NSPs estranged siblings, team chat would probably even look the same.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• @Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

STRM is now on YB and I feel so bad for them. They raid at around 1-2AM PST and the BL's are so dead at that time that most of the time they're just killing random pugs and roamers with their 10-man comp stack. Either that or farming Leroy and his guild group. Sometimes they're forced onto EB because there's nothing else to do on the other BL's.

• @Okami Amaterasu.9237 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

~ Kovu

And yeah, until the Alliance system comes out, pairing Worlds together instead of outright merging them is a pretty good substitute.

Count me in too. Most of my avatars are the Okami wolf from the game when I’m allowed to put in my own picture. One of the best games ever made imo.

Sorry for the slight derailment.

• @Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Okami Amaterasu.9237 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

~ Kovu

Count me in too. Most of my avatars are the Okami wolf from the game when I’m allowed to put in my own picture. One of the best games ever made imo.

Sorry for the slight derailment.

Okami favourite single-player; Guild Wars 2 favourite multiplayer. ;)

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

No merging will happen, only linking.

The only thing possible is CD gets moved back to a link and another server takes it's place as a host, which probably won't happen unless ET managed to get a bucket load of people being linked with BG, but who knows since the start of the last linking screwed up and some people moved around. CD+Mag is pretty kitten dead and getting run over by Kain and Nsp blobs often doesn't help, and of course the wonderful system to promote beating on 3rd by the other two.

Other than that going down to 3 tiers for NA would probably be useful right about now.

Lastly, matchup thread to anet, instead of a thread discussing dying population in the game mode and helping it out, this will be closed soon.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    RIP Maguuma cloud || Time to join the dark side.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

@ethanethereal.9315 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

STRM is now on YB and I feel so bad for them. They raid at around 1-2AM PST and the BL's are so dead at that time that most of the time they're just killing random pugs and roamers with their 10-man comp stack. Either that or farming Leroy and his guild group. Sometimes they're forced onto EB because there's nothing else to do on the other BL's.

And that's T1 we're talking about folks... STRM is actually on FC btw, YB link.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Soldier (Rank 4900) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

Must be fake news as BG is in T1 and everyone knows BG has a 150 deep queue on all maps 24/7.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

STRM is ocx
    TIME is sea

Off hours are always dead for servers that aren't stacked with guilds. The main numbers come from guilds.
    When STRM is around, there is some coverage. Without them, HOD simply has a big time gap since PST.
    Furthermore, I quit pugmanding for close to two years so even less pugs exist.
    Most sea people stack servers thus server like ours end up fighting tons of people or you fight doors. There is no middle ground except AR with their one sea guild. I think AR sea is the only server that has similar numbers as us. Basically on ar or hod, "blobbed (against empty server) or be blobbed (by stacked server)" is literally applied.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• They know no other way Stack and server stack

• Think one of the servers needs another link Score is not perfect Plz help us anet

• Djamonja.6453Djamonja.6453 Member ✭✭✭

They're not going to merge servers before the alliance system is implemented. Dragonbrand is going to replace CD as a Host server, and CD will become a linked server.

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

Must be fake news as BG is in T1 and everyone knows BG has a 150 deep queue on all maps 24/7.

Not really. Only time you see that is on Friday reset time. Sometimes there’s a que on eb, with 10-20 in que.

@Djamonja.6453 said:
    They're not going to merge servers before the alliance system is implemented. Dragonbrand is going to replace CD as a Host server, and CD will become a linked server.

No one can stop the dragon

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Soldier (Rank 4900) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

Not really. Only time you see that is on Friday reset time. Sometimes there’s a que on eb, with 10-20 in que.

The meme says otherwise. :smile:

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

No it won't get merged. What could happen is T4 gets removed so we only have three tiers and more link servers.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dragonbrand and Ferguson's crossing are both very high now, can see them replacing Gates of madness and Crystal desert as host next relink.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    RIP Maguuma cloud || Time to join the dark side.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

STRM left HoD because some of them played during primetime with another guild but then HoD got super stacked so that guild couldn't play due to ques. So both guilds left HoD to preserve both guilds. I ended up joining them 6 months later on FC because it has become clear alliances wont be coming anytime soon and while I like to solo roam, I do like to play with friends as well and HoD at night is pure pugs who cry whenever they have to defend without a tag. I don't mind tagging up once in a while for pugs but I am not about to start dragging a bunch of dead weight on a nightly basis.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

@Justine.6351 said:
    STRM left HoD because some of them played during primetime with another guild but then HoD got super stacked so that guild couldn't play due to ques. So both guilds left HoD to preserve both guilds. I ended up joining them 6 months later on FC because it has become clear alliances wont be coming anytime soon and while I like to solo roam, I do like to play with friends as well and HoD at night is pure pugs who cry whenever they have to defend without a tag. I don't mind tagging up once in a while for pugs but I am not about to start dragging a bunch of dead weight on a nightly basis.

But it wasn't hod that got stacked when both mentioned guilds left, it was SOR link
    /shrug

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

But it wasn't hod that got stacked when both mentioned guilds left, it was SOR link
    /shrug

Servers don't get to choose their links.

Make me good at game!

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

Doesn't matters, I only care about correct facts since you did mentioned HOD was stacked which is false.

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

Doesn't matters, I only care about correct facts since you did mentioned HOD was stacked which is false.

So it wasn't HoD that was stacked, just its link which it shared its que with. Big distinction when you are trying to maintain a guild that can't get half its members into a map for the scheduled raid each day.

Make me good at game!

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

So it wasn't HoD that was stacked, just its link which it shared its que with. Big distinction when you are trying to maintain a guild that can't get half its members into a map for the scheduled raid each day.

The problem with people not making a clear difference between host and guest is that it will give a different impression as a whole to the WvW problems. People will echo the wrong info and ignore the actual problems which in this case, is easy to stack on a guest server and crowd the entire link, unbalance the entire matchup. Just like your link now, two "Very High" servers, if add a bit more people, it will become SOR again.

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

The problem with people not making a clear difference between host and guest is that it will give a different impression as a whole to the WvW problems. People will echo the wrong info and ignore the actual problems which in this case, is easy to stack on a guest server and crowd the entire link, unbalance the entire matchup. Just like your link now, two "Very High" servers, if add a bit more people, it will become SOR again.

Yes yes, poor HoD always at the disadvantage. If only they had blahblahblah they would blahblahblah. Been hearing that type of nonsense in team chat for oh so long.

Make me good at game!

edited February 7, 2019

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

Yes yes, poor HoD always at the disadvantage. If only they had blahblahblah they would blahblahblah. Been hearing that type of nonsense in team chat for oh so long.

Apparently you can't take the words objectively, oh well, that is why WvW is just a mess yet anet hesitate to do something about it due to fear of unreasonable and irrational backlash.

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

Apparently you can't take the words objectively, oh well, that is why WvW is just a mess yet anet hesitate to do something about it due to fear of unreasonable backlash.

Said the person who got triggered when someone doesn't specify irrelevant information.

Make me good at game!

edited February 7, 2019

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

Apparently you can't take the words objectively, oh well, that is why WvW is just a mess yet anet hesitate to do something about it due to fear of unreasonable backlash.

Said the person who got triggered when someone doesn't specify irrelevant information.

The entire mess is created by people like you who keep putting out false information which the devs and players then use as part of their decision making. It took so years of complains to get certain message across just because in the past, there were numerous people with their own agendas keep putting up false information to play victims or play down issues. Furthermore, the community already start to distinguish the difference between servers and not blindly group everything up, simply because it matters when come to identifying problems. Here you are, getting offended just because I corrected you.

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

The entire mess is created by people like you who keep putting out false information which the devs and players then use as part of their decision making. It took so years of complains to get certain message across just because in the past, there were numerous people with their own agendas keep putting up false information to play victims or play down issues. Furthermore, the community already start to distinguish the difference between servers and not blindly group everything up, simply because it matters when come to identifying problems. Here you are, getting offended just because I corrected you.

Yes I am offended when you suggest that STRM didn't have cause to leave with you irrelevantly pointing out that it was SoR that was stacked and your /shrug and then proceeded to suggest that yb/fc are becoming stacked and STRM is somehow a conspirator in it. You are passively insulting a guild that transfered to protect itself after carrying a server's nighttime presence for years. Sorry you log into maps with paper objectives.

Make me good at game!

edited February 7, 2019

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

/shrug

Yes I am offended when you suggest that STRM didn't have cause to leave with you irrelevantly pointing out that it was SoR that was stacked and your /shrug and then proceeded to suggest that yb/fc are becoming stacked and STRM is somehow a conspirator in it. You are passively insulting a guild that transfered to protect itself after carrying a server's nighttime presence for years. Sorry you log into maps with paper objectives.

The /shrug means the decision to leave is irrational, afterall, SOR is stacked therefore a relink which iirc 1 month away will resolve it. That is for the first reply.

The other reply that mention YB/FC. Well, the point isn't STRM, the point is FC. You just happen to be on it before it was link to KN. It gonna be mentioned either way because at the end of the day, you didn't escape the stacked link because the problem lies on the guest server just like how SOR and KN were stacked as guest which screw everybody up.

You are thinking too emotionally. We all know STRM left because of shared members but it is still irrational decision.

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

@SkyShroud.2865 said:
    You are thinking too emotionally. We all know STRM left because of shared members but it is still irrational decision.

Players have every right to maximize their enjoyment of a game within the boundaries of the games rules. A guild and its players do not have to justify leaving a server for another, quitting the game, switching to PvE only, etc. If they have more fun in EU than US or any other change, that is their prerogative.

edited February 7, 2019

@Straegen.2938 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

Players have every right to maximize their enjoyment of a game within the boundaries of the games rules. A guild and its players do not have to justify leaving a server for another, quitting the game, switching to PvE only, etc. If they have more fun in EU than US or any other change, that is their prerogative.

Yes, everybody has the rights to. However, the moment anyone did try to rationalize certain things, then it is normal for others to determine the validity of the rationality.

For example, I quitting gw2 because I am bored. This is emotional, nobody can argue with it, nobody cares.
    I quitting because the gw2 is p2w. I bet tons of people will start questioning it.

Then again, the initial problem I have with him was his inaccurate facts, the rest of the conversation just branch off from there.

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

HI THIS THREAD IS ABOUT T4 CHRISTIAN DECENCY SERVER. THANKS.

@Ni In.6578 said:

HoD took over... Move aside.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:
    The entire mess is created by people like you who keep putting out false information which the devs and players then use as part of their decision making.

Wait... Do the devs actually care about what we write?

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:
    The entire mess is created by people like you who keep putting out false information which the devs and players then use as part of their decision making.

Belief in an intangible force watching over you that cares and will influence your existence is fairly common in human society, despite all evidence to the contrary

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

They read, just a question mark of how much and what.

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

HoD took over... Move aside.

HoD only has TIME lord :(

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.