Looking for the best Gizmos

GW Noob.6038

Hey, guy's. I'm looking to buy the best gizmos in the game...can you point me to the vendors who sell the coolest/most useful gizmos? I'm asking for vendors because I have zero desire to do jumping/gliding puzzles, or adventures, of any kind...so, if there are gizmos locked behind that type of content I can very happily live without them. I already have the Prototype Position Rewinder...which was a total waste of karma since I will never do jumping puzzles. :anguished: :D

I already have the Prototype Position Rewinder...which was a total waste of karma since I will never do jumping puzzles.It's useful for a variety of other things, like any of the fetch quests (e.g. bringing stuff to heart vendor or event collectors), map exploration, etc.

I'm looking to buy the best gizmos in the gameWith the caveat that "best" is in the eye of the beholder:

• Portal scrolls. There are three types: VIP area passes (sold in gem shop, availability cycles per usual), living world (LS3 & LS4, with associated tomes), and city portals (one each for the five racial cities, plus Ebonhawke, plus LA; components available on the TP).
  • Music boxes (RNG drop from various types of chests in PoF maps; no vendor)
  • Executioner Axe Toy (turns into the novelty item); it's the instanced version of having a beetle, where mounts are disallowed
  • Candy Corn Gobbler (gem shop: it's a great bonus generator for WvW; too cumbersome for my taste to use elsewhere)
  • Mystic Forge Conduit (two types: one becomes account bound on use and is much cheaper; buy directly or buy components & forge one yourself).
  • Permanent contracts. From TP. If you own one, I recommend the bank access for utility & the hair contract for funsies.
  • Ooze Buddy (granted as part of the legendary hammer collections; turns your toon shiny)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

• Portal scrolls. There are three types: VIP area passes (sold in gem shop, availability cycles per usual), living world (LS3 & LS4, with associated tomes), and city portals (one each for the five racial cities, plus Ebonhawke, plus LA; components available on the TP).I have a portal scroll for Mistlock Sanctuary, and both living world tomes.
  • Executioner Axe Toy (turns into the novelty item); it's the instanced version of having a beetle, where mounts are disallowedWherever mounts are disallowed it's because they [Anet] don't want you to be able to move vertically with ease...bettles can't move vertically.
  • Candy Corn Gobbler (gem shop: it's a great bonus generator for WvW; too cumbersome for my taste to use elsewhere)I'll look into this...if/when it makes into the Gem shop again.
  • Mystic Forge Conduit (two types: one becomes account bound on use and is much cheaper; buy directly or buy components & forge one yourself).I'll look into this.
  • Permanent contracts. From TP. If you own one, I recommend the bank access for utility & the hair contract for funsies.I have a endless extractor which I use frequently...I've never had a need to access my bank from the field; heh, I have 7 temporary bank thingies in my bank right now. :)

Thanks, for your recommendations!

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I already have the Prototype Position Rewinder...which was a total waste of karma since I will never do jumping puzzles. :anguished: :D

I remember it being pointed out recently on another thread, but it's good to keep in mind that the PPR has no distance limitation. So for example if you're working on the achievement to feed Hungry Hal (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hal_the_Hermit) you could activate the PPR, fly over to the apples, then immediately port back.

It's also useful if you're exploring new terrain from heights, and don't want to have to get back to where you were to continue. I've used it Verdant Brink, Thunderkeep, etc.

Archived