What Specializations to go with

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I'm having trouble decided how to play my Necro. I have in mind for Spec and having trouble decided on which to go with and how to build around it. Here a list of all four builds.This is my Core Build I would be playing this for at most during my leveling but the reaper look and sound cool and isn't a good reason to play it.My First Reaper Build As you can see I change my to bitter chill for as my greatsword can do chill attacks on it 1 skill.My Second Reaper Build Here there seems to be a bit more focus on survival by putting blood on to be healed by it.My Third Reaper Build has the best of first two reaper builds but it changes a lot like getting rid of my minions and make it so my toughness doesn't give me power. So I'm having a hard time deciding on either using an axe or scepter to use and should I change the state.So this is what I'm having trouble deciding on. Now I think of using this mostly in PvE but might try WvW. I usealy just be DPS but could heal a bit on the side if need. So tell me what you think of them. Do you thinking I would be able to changes into any of them easily or would I be better with sticking with one? What playstyle would this build put me in? Any gear or traits changes you think I should make to any of them?

Honestly all of those builds are pretty terrible. Dedicated minion masters are not very good, except for overworld PVE, which they faceroll. What you really need to do is stop hybridizing though. Using a condition weapon with power gear is going to be terrible.

Since you like minions and tankiness, let me offer you this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQNBhOD7khGotGsbTw2Gg9GskLYS3gcQ+KeKmFHjQBgGwKA-jxBBQBB4JAkHdDCa/hRq8rSq/AgLCQjUCCA-e

This is a very tanky, high burst damage build good for general open world PVE, easily able to solo very large packs or champions, or sometimes both :P Primary weapon is the greatsword, and your mean goal is to get the target down to 50% and then Gravedigger>(Shroud)Executioner Scythe>(Shroud)Death Spiral>Gravedigger Spam. The knockout blow power of the build is insane and you'll almost never get all the way through that rotation before the target dies. The minions give you a lot of tankiness and make you basically immune to conditions, especially when Rise! is up. Soul Eater trait is important for Gravedigging multiple foes in a row; if you don't need that, Decimate Defenses is better for increasing DPS, and Chilling Victory can be used if you end up low on life force a lot.

You can easily make it more support-ey by swapping Death Magic out for Blood Magic, dropping most of your minions and becoming a Well-O-Mancer. Wells give protection, pulse decent AOE damage, and Well Of Blood (which you can use twice in a row, once by starting to revive with trait and once on it's own) can almost instantly pickup teammates. Don't bother with healing power on a Reaper.

Archived