IDEAS FOR FUTURE EXPANSION

CJH.2879

Hi all, just had a few ideas for any future expansion that ANET has planned, I'm just throwing them out there for the heck of it because I feel they are worth ANET's attention to at least discuss or look at briefly in some capacity. Some of these ideas have already been mentioned or discussed (even at length) but I still feel they are appropriate for an expansion which is why I'm even mentioning them at all in this discussion topic:

First idea: A couple of new mounts, the first is nostalgic from GW1, the Wurm, wouldn't it be great to have a mount that doesn't need to hop over obstacles but instead could burrow under them & unto the other side? You could ride these in the open world with the top part of the Wurm exposed with the entirety exposed when burrowing into the ground to pop up at a designated spot. This I feel is a great addition the existing mounts & there are alot spots where they could potentially come in handy.

The other mount idea is an underwater mount, one where you could potentially even harvest from while mounted & while underwater only. Swimming isn't popular in Guild Wars 2 (I'm sorry but thats a fact).... & the vast majority of players I talk to won't even go near the water (other then over it with a skimmer or for a very brief encounter with a minor boss), we need something to entice players to give underwater areas some form of enticement, an underwater mount I feel would be perfect for this (perhaps a giant sea horse or giant turtle?)

Alot of Abadoned areas on maps, I feel ANET needs to re-focus on some maps & look at what they can potentially do to entice more players to visit certain parts of existing maps & any future maps, there should always be something out there for players to find, whether it be chests, map resources, a special encounter or a rare event. I will give a quick example, on desert highlands map, bottom left of map, empty urns in the air, I explored every one of them.... to my dismay nothing in them.... I was like "Uhh yes they look beautiful but nothing in them, so no point in going back!".

New race, this has been mentioned time & again, a new race in a future expansion, something that will perhaps tie into the events of the current existing world.... or perhaps one that ties into the original storyline.... which race? Thats entirely up to ANET.... my own opinion though>> quaggen, skritt, koda or even undead (awakened)<< (just throwing it out there).

Better rewards for world bosses, I feel that the majority (not all but some....) of world bosses don't drop loot that is justifiable for the time spent on the effort. If I'm getting loot or map resources that are worth far more then a world boss encounter then theres something not quite right about it. Give us something unique from each world boss, a very rare item, or collection of some kind, or a recipe that only they drop that we can then eventually craft (thats rare).... more karma.... or very rare skins unique to that boss encounter<<. Make world bosses more enticing in both existing & any future expansions please.

More cultural armor (Tier 4), unique to each race. More racial abilities unique to each race.

Well I hope all of you like at least some of these ideas & that ANET will have a read through & think about (at least) some of them. Please feel free to throw in your own ideas into the discussion topic & Peace to all =)

I don't mean to rain on OP's parade but not a single bit of any of these suggestions is new or innovative. All of it is "more of the same please" more: mounts, more maps, more races, more rewards, more cultural. I mean this is all appreciated but not sure this is really actually offering anything "new" or engaging, this is basically the WoW formula and it's dated. Anet took a chance on something truly innovative with mounts last expansion and it massively payed off, we need more of that.

Archived