Low budget machine to play GW2.

Hi guys,

Could anyone recommend a good PC and a good notebook to play GW2?I mostly play WvW, i don't need to run everything on high, but i would really enjoy at least 30fps on blob fights with medium graphics settings.I would really appreciate some specific recommendations since i don't know much about hardware.

Thank you all in advance :)

@mauried.5608 said:How much is low budget?You wont get a low budget laptop that can make 30 fps under any conditions , but you may be able to with a desktop.

I didn't specify a budget because i'm from Brazil.How much i'll need to spend to get one desktop and how much i'll need for a laptop?Again, only thing i want is to run big WvW fights smoothly (at least on medium settings), no other games, nothing else.

I'd suggest checking out PC Part Picker for good guides on budget builds. I built mine in 2017 and it's pretty good. Mind you, it wasn't this build, but similar in price and if, IF I were to be on medium settings, I'm sure I would have better FPS in WvW even without it, I can still play decently enough with high settings. Still, I think medium settings would work very well for WvW with a build like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/J6ZxFT/entry-level-intel-gaming-build

@"Kanok.3027" said:I'd suggest checking out PC Part Picker for good guides on budget builds. I built mine in 2017 and it's pretty good. Mind you, it wasn't this build, but similar in price and if, IF I were to be on medium settings, I'm sure I would have better FPS in WvW even without it, I can still play decently enough with high settings. Still, I think medium settings would work very well for WvW with a build like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/J6ZxFT/entry-level-intel-gaming-build

Thanks mate! That's really helpful.Now i have something to look into!

Intel Core i3-8100Radeon RX 5702x4GB RAM240GB SSD (+another bigger slower storage, right?)

Doing a little research here and it drives me to a budget between R$ 2.500,00 ~ R$ 3.000,00 - wich converts to U$ 650,00 ~ U$ 850,00

I'm not sure how low you want to go but...Something around i5 4th gen, 8 gigs ram, gt 1030 should be able to keep up with your personal requirements on standard 1920x1080 as long you don't hike up the graphic settings too high. Mostly medium should be fine. Honestly you can max some settings here already such as shaders, animations, post procs, textures and you'll still be fine.

@"godofcows.2451" said:I'm not sure how low you want to go but...Something around i5 4th gen, 8 gigs ram, gt 1030 should be able to keep up with your personal requirements on standard 1920x1080 as long you don't hike up the graphic settings too high. Mostly medium should be fine. Honestly you can max some settings here already such as shaders, animations, post procs, textures and you'll still be fine.

Yeah, that's pretty nice settings for me!That "lowest" bullshit is killing me atm haha

Just bought a Acer Nitro 5 from Best Buy for around $600. GeForce GTX1050, 240 SSD, 8th Gen I5, DDR4 8G RAM...running everything on max...seems great. They have a 1050 Ti for about $100 more.

Good luck.

(It's sooo much better than my previous laptop with which I've played for the last 5+ years at around 20 FPS max and at 2-4 FPS if anyone was around...lol.)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Just bought a Acer Nitro 5 from Best Buy for around $600. GeForce GTX1050, 240 SSD, 8th Gen I5, DDR4 8G RAM...running everything on max...seems great. They have a 1050 Ti for about $100 more.

Good luck.

(It's sooo much better than my previous laptop with which I've played for the last 5+ years at around 20 FPS max and at 2-4 FPS if anyone was around...lol.)

Nice man, your config seems to be around what all are recommending. Looks like it's my target too!I would really like a laptop too, and it seems like the prices aren't too different from a desktop here in Brazil.I would spend R$ 4500,00 ~ R$ 5.000,00 - let's see!

Archived