Fractal Revenant. Alac supp. Whant know how to start? It is easy!

lare.5129

Hi, I want write small guide notice for player, who start or play rene alac build.It may can be helpful and for skilled people and for beginners.

I will try make same FAQ

Why herald/rene is 'alac' ?Alacrity is very useful boon, you can read more about is on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alacrityso get it for all party can be useful. Orders from Above and Centaur tablet heal spam get it.

Should I use hearld or rene?Anything that you want, take and play for your pleasure! This is GW2!Just make attention what if only you in party should uptime Might rene is easiest way do that.

What weapon should I use?One of weapons should be staff, and be ready get cc if needed from skill nr5.On swap you can take sword*sword, or what you want, .. just keep mind that main wep - staff.

Should I take full Diviner's set ?This is great choose, and very useful with 0,2% players in fractlas, so in 99.8% you need another stats.ofc possible make combination 65% Magi + 35% Diviner .. or Cleric + Diviner and etc but this not optimal way.

Best stats ?Minstrel's You have boon duration, heal, and can more easy survive. At start ofc you can take only cleris or magi. On begin I was use combination magi armor with ater runes +cleric jewel.

Boon duration?Yes, the concentration stat give possibility uptime bool longer. Softcap for rene is about 75%. And take 100% is good choose.More detail on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon_Duration

Runes/Sigilsone of sigls - Superior Sigil of Concentration to grow alarity uptime, second - anything that you want.runes - take any that give at last 15% or more boon duration from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon_DurationOfc best shoose is monk or water runes.

revenant legend - ?main legend is Legendary Centaur Stance — Invoke the power of the legendary centaur Ventari.Take tablet and spam heal, bring some alac for party!

SetupsNice when someone share quickness so be ready say welcome fo chrno/FB, and ofc take druid/necro sup/scrapper sup and others.

Also, with current instabilities be ready join in 3 support+2 dps configuration, so be flex and remember downstate is a first step to start again!

What about raids?I don't go raids, that content is heavy for me, only cms+t4.

Nice when someone share quickness so be ready say welcome fo chrno/FB, and ofc take druid/necro sup/scrapper sup and others.

So you're spending a whole support slot for an Alacrity bot, at the cost of Banners and boon strips? Seems highly inefficient. What kind of DPS numbers can players expect from this build that justifies the loss of a Banner Slave?

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

Nice when someone share quickness so be ready say welcome fo chrno/FB, and ofc take druid/necro sup/scrapper sup and others.

So you're spending a whole support slot for an Alacrity bot, at the cost of Banners and boon strips? Seems highly inefficient. What kind of DPS numbers can players expect from this build that justifies the loss of a Banner Slave?

Alacrigade/FB or alacrigade/power dps chrono with time warp and quickness well.

Unfortunately as much as people whined about chrono and druid, banner warrior is the single largest group DPS boost without any alternative to it because banners and EA are a humongous stat stick on a spec that already does more damage than both druid and chrono anyways.

I hope they stop being dump and bring up Power herald and scrapper to be alternative offensive boost specs with similar boosts to party as banner warrior. They could even grant that role to reaper.

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:So you're spending a whole support slot for an Alacrity botyes, heal + alac(like bonus)

, at the cost of Bannersbanners ? where in guide write - don't take warrior" ?

boon stipbtw rev can do make some boonstrip, but mostly this should be done from chrno, necro, sb

Seems highly inefficient.forget about effective. main target: don't die, and don't start again and again.

What kind of DPS numbers can players expect from this build that justifies the loss of a Banner Slave?forget about dps, this is not golem in training area. I propagate party where 3 supports .. Who is undying still and now go without heals.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:So you're spending a whole support slot for an Alacrity botyes, heal + alac(like bonus), at the cost of Bannersbanners ? where in guide write - don't take warrior" ?

Best stats ?Minstrel's You have boon duration, heal, and can more easy survive.

So by your words, you're asking for a composition that consists of the following:

1. [Minstrel] Renegade or Herald
  2. [boon] Chronomancer or Firebrand
  3. [Healing] Druid, Scourge, or Scrapper
  4. [support; DPS] Warrior Bannerslave
  5. [DPS]

You better hope that solo DPS can really carry the group.

Seems highly inefficient.forget about effective. main target: don't die, and don't start again and again.

"Forget above effective." Three words that, sadly, nails this coffin shut.A party of five healers can also complete CMs and T4s. The difference is that a "standard" group can clear these within 60-90 minutes, while the "undying" composition (assuming they can meet the DPS checks in CMs) can maybe do so in two hours.

I've been playing support Renegade since the death of the Chrono Druid combo. I was a druid and my friend was the Chrono. Now I play the support Harrier Renegade and he plays the Diviner Firebrand. The Renegade brings 100% uptime of Alacrity and 25 stacks of Might while the FB Brings the Quickness.

We pug every night only posting for people that are experienced and have decent damage. Certainly there are optimal team compositions but we are able to make it through every day with mostly minimal hardships. What it comes down to time and time again is that people are having trouble with the new instabilities and not knowing the mechanics of each fight.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:So you're spending a whole support slot for an Alacrity botyes, heal + alac(like bonus), at the cost of Bannersbanners ? where in guide write - don't take warrior" ?

Best stats ?Minstrel's You have boon duration, heal, and can more easy survive.

So by your words, you're asking for a composition that consists of the following:
  5. [DPS]

You better hope that solo DPS can really carry the group.

"Forget above effective." Three words that, sadly, nails this coffin shut.A party of five healers can also complete CMs and T4s. The difference is that a "standard" group can clear these within 60-90 minutes, while the "undying" composition (assuming they can meet the DPS checks in CMs) can maybe do so in two hours.

Its all a bit depends on....What I love to run with is harrier FB and support means diviner renegade or chrono , banner , and another DPS.

Reason is very simple FB hasn't the heal burst of Renegade but he doesn't have to but more protection and I get as ele 2% dmg per boonI know it doesn't work perfectly because of Arena.NET balacing but it makes so much more sense this way around at least for pug groups.

Harrrier/Minstrel's Renegade + Quickbrand is more for a static group or a raid

Chrono is not dead*The isssue is : chronos in fractals played semi-afk, now they have to wake up. You still can cover perma quickness-alacrity; but yes you're no longer a source of the other boons.
Actually a hybrid/DPS chrono with the shield, well of recall and only the boon duration from the pots (and so with mantra of pain and phantasmal disenchantt etc dps build) can bring the pema alacrity and deal arround 18K. You add FB, harrier if you want big boons cover like stab/retal/regen etc and it's ok. (Not ok for 25 mights, but hey)

Renegade DPS is lower, but it gives ferocity bonus for the group, and the kalla elite skill that can be +2-5k DPS to each members when well time gated.My issue with (diviner) renegade, you have to chose between RR or LL. F2 without LL is too short duration to give the 25 mights, and energy greedy; but F4 without RR is too short radius ... people need to stand very close. With Ventari you don't have that problem you can provide enough alacrity and take LL, but you lose the invocation spec and so less Soulcleave's summit ...

Chrono have also more utilities to skip parts, pull, remove boons, easier access to CC etc. And personnely I'm more fan of Harrier FB than Harrier Ren (more utilities, more boons).

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:A party of five healers can also complete CMs and T4s. The difference is that a "standard" group can clear these within 60-90 minutes, while the "undying" composition (assuming they can meet the DPS checks in CMs) can maybe do so in two hours.sometime we close that in four hours, and no any sarcazm in that. Yes, FOUR (4). Don't see in that some issues. But may be there is some .. issue think, that with raid "cutted" meta possible close fractal in easy mode. I othen see that -30% hp + bleeds + toxic trail broke meta car .. and furios tiger looks like little kitten ... So be cat ! but fat and happy!

@"lare.5129" said:Hi, I want write small guide notice for player, who start or play rene alac build.It may can be helpful and for skilled people and for beginners.

I will try make same FAQ

Why herald/rene is 'alac' ?Alacrity is very useful boon, you can read more about is on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alacrityso get it for all party can be useful. Orders from Above and Centaur tablet heal spam get it.

Should I use hearld or rene?Anything that you want, take and play for your pleasure! This is GW2!Just make attention what if only you in party should uptime Might rene is easiest way do that.

What weapon should I use?One of weapons should be staff, and be ready get cc if needed from skill nr5.On swap you can take sword*sword, or what you want, .. just keep mind that main wep - staff.

Should I take full Diviner's set ?This is great choose, and very useful with 0,2% players in fractlas, so in 99.8% you need another stats.ofc possible make combination 65% Magi + 35% Diviner .. or Cleric + Diviner and etc but this not optimal way.

Best stats ?Minstrel's You have boon duration, heal, and can more easy survive. At start ofc you can take only cleris or magi. On begin I was use combination magi armor with ater runes +cleric jewel.

Boon duration?Yes, the concentration stat give possibility uptime bool longer. Softcap for rene is about 75%. And take 100% is good choose.More detail on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon_Duration

Runes/Sigilsone of sigls - Superior Sigil of Concentration to grow alarity uptime, second - anything that you want.runes - take any that give at last 15% or more boon duration from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon_DurationOfc best shoose is monk or water runes.

revenant legend - ?main legend is Legendary Centaur Stance — Invoke the power of the legendary centaur Ventari.Take tablet and spam heal, bring some alac for party!

SetupsNice when someone share quickness so be ready say welcome fo chrno/FB, and ofc take druid/necro sup/scrapper sup and others.

Also, with current instabilities be ready join in 3 support+2 dps configuration, so be flex and remember downstate is a first step to start again!

What about raids?I don't go raids, that content is heavy for me, only cms+t4.

Is this a joke?

Right now, power firebrand and diviner/harrier renegade is better then chrono with 3 dps/chrono with druid most of the time.Only advantage of chrono are skips and pulls.On every fractal that include long bossfights renehade and firebrand comes ahead because of better damage, better boons and better heals.

Remember that you guys are not swaping out dps but druid and chrono. AP should be better then spotter and soulcleave summit is ver, high dps boost. Diviner renegade brings lower dps then 3rd dps but firebrand brings more then chrono. Not to mention that on long fights boons of fb/ren will come ahead.

One problem pugs might have is that might production is better on druid. Its easy to produce 25 might with fb/rev comp but all firebrand (mantra), renegade (f2) and warrior (ps+forceful gs) needs to provide some.Might is not an issue if renegade use pack runes so fb can exchange axe for scepter (more pug friendly)

@"Slantix.3418" said:If you want to ignore mechanics and dont care about time why dost just play scourges? =)

And if you dont care about time why dont play what you want? Why bother with meta builds T4 are not that hard ...

Such an unhelpful comment. Theres a big difference between running with healfb+heal renegade+bannerwarrior+2x dragonhunter compared to 5x scourges. I tested this to shut up people saying you can just throw scourges at encontent fractals and be just as fast as meta comps and to see the difference between 2x healer compared to heal renegade+power fb.

Difference between a heal renegade and diviners renegade is 10k boss dps at the most in fractals. Most grps in fractals however need quite a bit more than additional 10k dps to insta-phase bosses. And only if you can phase most bosses before they come out of stun can you really run without any heal in fractals.

Heal renegade is the logical choice, given that you loose way more dps running heal firebrand compared to heal renegade.

So, in a way, OP was correct and meant well. Though the explanations are rather jumbled, Im sorry to say. This thread and several other comments in this forum part prompted me to make a comprehensive heal revenant guide in the revenant forum -> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67915/pve-heal-revenant-variants-explained

Take a look and if you have questions, feel free to ask there. Im always willing to help new renegades and heralds.

@Yasi.9065if i uderstood correctly there was suggestion tu run hela rene + fb/chrono + druid/other heal + 2dps (i think you can count bs as dps :D )and my reaction was if u dont care about time (which obviously u dont while running comp with 2 heals) why dont play scourges or whatever u want?i dont know the differce but, at least for me main reason to run meta build in fractals is to complet it fast , and i think T4 arent that hard to create super safe meta, so why dont play what u want insted.

• ofc if suggesting comp was fb + heal renegade + bs +2x dps , i think its good comp nice alterantive to chrono + druid + bs + 2dps which pugs run these days

Trying Diviner Rene, most of the time Kalla/Jalis(Malyx if lot of condi instab)Sword/Axe(Sword) / Staff Almost full diviner

No need for heal power because Kalla Sunscleave summit is huge. Jalis because jalis road(then you go kalla and summons dont get stuned) and 1200 range breakbar dmg+hammers if you wanna get rid of energy, heal yourself and deal little bit more dmg. Range on Alacrity is huge so its pretty good, sometimes you need pop F2 if you dont have that much might generating classes.

Overall I was suprised how good it is. Sure you alone are useless but with chrono or FB(better) its sick

@"Slantix.3418" said:

• ofc if suggesting comp was fb + heal renegade + bs +2x dps , i think its good comp nice alterantive to chrono + druid + bs + 2dps which pugs run these daysyes, heal fb + heal renegade + bs +2x dps - why not ? sound great too/ Then main idea - keep 2 heals in new meta to prevent cry "bleeds hurts to much"

@lare.5129 said:

@"Slantix.3418" said:
  • ofc if suggesting comp was fb + heal renegade + bs +2x dps , i think its good comp nice alterantive to chrono + druid + bs + 2dps which pugs run these daysyes, heal fb + heal renegade + bs +2x dps - why not ? sound great too/ Then main idea - keep 2 heals in new meta to prevent cry "bleeds hurts to much"

Because you lose like 25k consistent and 60k+ burst dps that way? 2 Healers for fractals is just overkill. Heal renegade is already overkill 99% of the time. Kalla lifesteal is enough most of the time.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

Heal renegade is already overkill 99% of the time. Kalla lifesteal is enough most of the time.Unless you get the pug groups that don't understand the renegades heal skills and stand outside of their radius. I literally had a person complain about my healing or the lack there of. He was continuously outside the range of my heals. It was as if we had social awkwardness with 1200 range. It is how I got the title worst renegade ever. Next attempt after he left we completed the fractal.

@Excursion.9752 said:

Heal renegade is already overkill 99% of the time. Kalla lifesteal is enough most of the time.Unless you get the pug groups that don't understand the renegades heal skills and stand outside of their radius. I literally had a person complain about my healing or the lack there of. He was continuously outside the range of my heals. It was as if we had social awkwardness with 1200 range. It is how I got the title worst renegade ever. Next attempt after he left we completed the fractal.

Im not pro druid but as far as i know druid require stacking for good heal/might too and chrono too, so not stacking is problem, not only if u play renegard.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Because you lose like 25k consistent and 60k+ burst dps that way? 2 Healers for fractals is just overkill. Heal renegade is already overkill 99% of the time. Kalla lifesteal is enough most of the time.No matter how you generate thats abstract magic dps numbers? Yesterday I was do fractal whit my guildmates, "soulbeast dps" do 4.5k dps on boss .. Less tham me on support chrono, and this is mostly rule, and not unique. So if all will be dps and supp, without heal the total sum dps will be not enought to skip phase. Additional add lack cc and you will see typical fractal run.I don't talk about cms 250 kp, or toxic pug wiht notice "I see you dps less that by guide = kick", I talk about normal friendly run, welcome everyone, without intoxication and meters. And in this that better take 2 heals + 3 dps wiht 'no dps ratoation'. I check it mostly every day.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Because you lose like 25k consistent and 60k+ burst dps that way? 2 Healers for fractals is just overkill. Heal renegade is already overkill 99% of the time. Kalla lifesteal is enough most of the time.No matter how you generate thats abstract magic dps numbers? Yesterday I was do fractal whit my guildmates, "soulbeast dps" do 4.5k dps on boss .. Less tham me on support chrono, and this is mostly rule, and not unique. So if all will be dps and supp, without heal the total sum dps will be not enought to skip phase. Additional add lack cc and you will see typical fractal run.I don't talk about cms 250 kp, or toxic pug wiht notice "I see you dps less that by guide = kick", I talk about normal friendly run, welcome everyone, without intoxication and meters. And in this that better take 2 heals + 3 dps wiht 'no dps ratoation'. I check it mostly every day.

I can send you logs if you don't believe me. 4.5kdps on Soulbeast is NOT normal. Thats probably in the 5% player range.Why is running only 1 healer now considered as no healer for you?You are not talking about a normal run. What you describe is something way below average skill level. Thats the perfect recipe to spend 1.30h+ in normal T4's.

Kalle elite scales with power so running minstrels is not the best choice for a supp renegade. Also instead of stacking heal to ignore mechnics you would be better off doing certain mechanics.Sirens reef for example. You could play your build and spam heal in ventari or you could be useful and use the bubble. Almost all the adds do ranged damage that will get absorbed. Thats how you can do that fractal with outflanked + we bleed fire without 3 supports. You just have to use your skills instead of spaming heals mindlessly.You should have also mentioned the Kalla legend. Isn't that your only way to grant protection?

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

5. [DPS]

As a harrier renegade for T4 fractals I can tell you that it heals good enough to ignore that additional healer suggestion. We play with Harrier Rene, Diviner FB and 3 DPS of which at least one is usually sub 100 AR. The kalla elite brings amazing lifesteal and the tablet brings fun utility on top of burst heals. IF you want to bring additional boon hate, best do it on a DPS (if the renegade is inexperienced just pack a DPS scourge) but renegade (harrier) shouldnt need an additional dedicated heal.

Archived